Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Minnesota and North/South Dakota Racing > Events and Results
Barnesville, MN RC SPUD RUN Sponsered by Hobby Hut of Moorhead >

Barnesville, MN RC SPUD RUN Sponsered by Hobby Hut of Moorhead

Barnesville, MN RC SPUD RUN Sponsered by Hobby Hut of Moorhead

Old 07-03-2011, 10:31 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Barnesville, MN RC SPUD RUN Sponsered by Hobby Hut of Moorhead

Hello my name is Bryan, and i am the RC sales rep at Hobby Hut in Moorhead, MN.

On Saturday August 27th at 10am we will be having a small event called a Spud Run! This is much like a mud run but through 4 inches of mash potato's in a 8 foot long run! If you have been to RC X Fest in Cambridge MN then you know what im talking about.

There will be 3 rounds and the best average time will determine the winner.
Plaques and Gift certificates from Hobby Hut will be awarded for top three winners to use on anything in the store.
3rd place will be $10.00, 2nd place will be $20.00, and 1st place will be $40.00

This will be taking place in the Assumption Church parking lot in Barnesville MN during Potato Days.

you can register your truck at Hobby Hut or at the site of the event, there is a fee of $5.00 per driver to help with the cost of supplies. Please try to be there by 9:30am at the very latest and have your truck ready to go (other then engine tuning) I am unsure if we will have power hookup to charge batteries how ever we will have some tables setup for work stations if needed.

This is an open class event, we will run anything from 1/5th scale all the way down to 1/36th scale (for the daring!)

i don't think i missed anything but feel free to ask any questions
Attached Thumbnails Barnesville, MN RC SPUD RUN Sponsered by Hobby Hut of Moorhead-47158_10150242688235024_627945023_14439637_2541202_n.jpg   Barnesville, MN RC SPUD RUN Sponsered by Hobby Hut of Moorhead-spud-run-flyer.jpg   Barnesville, MN RC SPUD RUN Sponsered by Hobby Hut of Moorhead-spud-flyer.jpg  

Last edited by bdb_86; 07-31-2011 at 04:22 PM.
Old 07-06-2011, 10:09 PM
Tech Initiate

Is anybody really interested in this at all? i would like to get an idea of how many people i can expect to show up. This is a lot harder then it sounds, most trucks get though in about 7 seconds and the winners are under 3 seconds!

The first year i did this it was just for fun but instantly i was hooked and my brother and i were working to build ultimate Spud Runners. I'm not about to give away what we are building just yet but one truck will have a 7.7 and its not a CEN truck and the other will be running a Mamba Monster with dual 11.1v lipo's

Do you think you have what it takes to make it through 4 inches of mash potato's in under 3 seconds?

I'm looking for some good competition this year!

Last edited by bdb_86; 07-07-2011 at 05:04 PM.
Old 07-07-2011, 07:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 190 (100%+)

I am interested as my son [trouble] is more than willing to throw out his Ecrt.5 with either a 4s or 6s, depending on how high he can roost the spuds, so less than 3 seconds, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm very do-able, count both of us in for some action
Old 07-17-2011, 07:45 PM
Tech Initiate

I cant wait to see what it does! I just ERP'd for the Mamba Monster 2200kv for my truck, i will be running dual 4kmah 11.1v lipo's im almost expecting to break an axle off the start line.

I will be building the Spud Pit next week and i could make it 10 feet instead of the traditional 8 feet. do you think i should do this?

I never did mention that the spuds will be done up using flake mix, so there wont be any milk used and once they dry you can just blow them off your truck.
EASY CLEAN UP!
Old 07-18-2011, 05:52 PM
Tech Master

just curious of what the spectators will think getting roosted with spuds
Old 07-19-2011, 02:59 AM
Tech Initiate

look up X Fest Spud Run on you tube. then check out my video 2006 RC X Games on you tube
Old 07-31-2011, 04:26 PM
Tech Initiate

I added what the prizes will be for 1st 2nd and 3rd place winners. this event starts at 10 am and should last till 11 or 11:30am
Old 08-16-2011, 06:44 PM
Tech Master

week and a half to go till we can play in the spuds
Old 08-25-2011, 06:46 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Sounds like a good time, I'll be there to give it a try... and to see Trouble and his dad make the spuds fly.
Old 08-27-2011, 03:29 PM
Tech Master

this was an absolute best racing in a long time, getting to run in 4 inches of just muck.....edit spuds was awesome, cannot wait till next year to attend, as it will probably take me that long to get the spuds out of the Ecrt.5's, but now need to do more as most of you guys will be flying as well

thanks to hobby hut for sponsoring the event, and all they guys who make this kind of stuff possible

thanks again,
David & Trouble
Old 08-27-2011, 05:39 PM
Tech Initiate

This was an awesome turn out and hopefully my brother puts a little more time into his truck next year. i should have my truck ready by next year as well.

tonight i still have to pressure wash the pit out and i will be pulling the electronic on the slash, pressure washing the truck then completely rebuilding it.

next year i will have the summit with the mamba monster 22.2v setup and i hope we will be running this event in the evening.

should i make it next year so that we have a running start into the pit, and have the pit 10 feet long?
Old 08-27-2011, 05:46 PM
Tech Master

I think giving them an option would be best, and running nitro against nitro and electrics with electrics would be fair, not that alot of time and effort was put into the Ecrt.5, but he was the only one who could make it thru the pit all 3 attemps, so I gotta give it to my kid "trouble" as his efforts was seen in the spuds
Old 08-27-2011, 06:54 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Thanks Bryan, had a great time today! All of your hard work is greatly appreciated, give a thumbs up to rest of your gang as well. I'd definately
come back for another round, nitro and eletric... I may even shave for
next year, still finding squished taters in my beard.

A ten foot run sounds good, even though Trouble would probably clear that
in all of two and a half seconds.

Sweet runs Trouble and Troubles Dad, glad I saw that with my own two
eyes.