Like Tree55Likes

VBC D10

Old 09-19-2018, 11:01 AM
TC5
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by jorgesimes View Post
I just race on asphalt, we don't have carpet tracks on our country, so i have zero experience with that. For me on asphalt it worked out.

I just used those numbers as a starting point, then i worked the rest of the setup at my local track. Bob gives some very good advices and guidelines but in the end comes to what you feel at the track thats why i did this way. But as a good and detailed explanation of what any change affects the car handling theorically speaking there isn't better thing than rccriewchief software.
I agree Jorge - its more about the changes and what they do. For eg , with 1mm under the blocks I feel there is just not enough grip . With 0mm its too much roll so 0.5 is maybe on the money.

I will soon flip the micro castors and try the shim between the cone washer to see the effects.

PS - I am using XRAY black bladders and find the sweating is much much less even after many runs.
Old 09-19-2018, 04:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

if anyone is looking for one, I am selling my D10 with or without parts lot. PM me.
Old 10-13-2018, 01:58 AM
TC5
Tech Initiate

Default D10 Set up

Originally Posted by jorgesimes View Post
Well since there isn't any "standard" values, i looked into the xray values. T4'17 kit setup is -5.46 front and -4.93 rear with 46.13% F/R Roll and 1.00 CRS. A setup from Bruno gives -5.81 front and -4.18 rear with 45.48% F/R Roll and 1.01 CRS. So i worked on something around this numbers, but i did some "changes" to standard manual car, like 0.5 shims between front hub and conical shim, steering carbon arms under the front hubs, rear hex wheel plus 1.5mm spacers and 1mm shims below the top deck.
You can pm your email and i will also send you my files.
So feed back , I upped the roll couple to around 48% by adding 0.5mm inboard on the links and then swoped out the 450 oil to 400 . Droop was around 2.2 ORH front ans 2.6 ORH rear.
The went for 0.5mm under the blocks and a medium wheelbase. I made the rear end wider , +3/+3 and WOW - worked really well. Even with my R1 V16 the rear end was solid (4K diff)

For a change I changed the front spool position , high instead of low. I think it made a difference.
Has any one played around with the shock bladders ? Blue / Clear / Black ?

I will post a set up sheet soon

Old Yesterday, 12:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Have a barely used D10 for sale. PM if you're interested.

https://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-ite...uring-car.html
Old Today, 08:53 AM
Tech Addict

So, some of you guys have been asking me through pm for my setup, here is the setup and some pictures of the changes i did from the standard car.

Attached Files
Old Today, 09:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Interesting points in your setup... Why did you add 1mm under the upper-deck? You wanted the car to roll more?
Old Today, 12:15 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Anyone know the belt sized by chance? I'd like to get some low friction belts for my rides. Same as Xray and other popular TC's I'm guessing?
Old Today, 02:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The rear belt is 189mm (63T) while the front belt is 507mm (169T) long, both standard Bando belts.
https://kentech.wordpress.com/2017/1...edition-build/