R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   VBC D10 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/999215-vbc-d10.html)

Airwave 04-14-2018 02:46 PM

Today I lost the m4 screw and everything with it, the bearings, the spacer, the small conical shim... So as I've mounted D09 arms and hubs in the rear, I've done the same in the front... On asphalt, the c-hubs-based steering is way more efficient than the new one! ISo back to D9.5 for me!

also find the new plastic component very "sandy" compared to the red old one...

jorgesimes 04-16-2018 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by Airwave (Post 15207439)
What is the difference between VBC and Tamiya ones?

Too many things are diferent, rear width more like it should and camber link positions are shorter, for example the longer one is in between the 2 holes of vbc and shorter is shorter than the shortest possible position vbc ones has.

Originally Posted by vivo quevas (Post 15207894)
To use Tamiya rear hubs do you have to drill them out to fit the larger pins VBC uses?

yes you do, but it's easy to do. I did it without using any expensive tools.

Johnny Wishbone 04-17-2018 01:35 PM

Here is the last setup I used at the ATS race in Edmonton.

http://site.petitrc.com/reglages/vbc...onton20180415/

TC5 04-20-2018 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Airwave (Post 15209319)
Today I lost the m4 screw and everything with it, the bearings, the spacer, the small conical shim... So as I've mounted D09 arms and hubs in the rear, I've done the same in the front... On asphalt, the c-hubs-based steering is way more efficient than the new one! ISo back to D9.5 for me!

also find the new plastic component very "sandy" compared to the red old one...

Hi Airwave ,

Why did you mount the D09 bits in the rear ?

Can you elaborate on the steering difference on asphalt ? I race on asphalt and find the D10 more connected and reactive in terms of steering - also more linear

Airwave 04-20-2018 12:50 PM

In the rear I had no choice, as my rear hubs were defective out-of-the-box (still no news from Tonisport by the way). It seems that some of the first batch were just badly mold and the arm's hole are not perpendicular to the bearings hole. So with that you gat asymmetrical toe-in, which is really a problem on the track (car is stoppen when turning left). So first I use the D09 arms with D09 rear hubs and D10 front knuckles. I ran twice or thrice and finally I lost the M4 screw and with it the bearing, the shims, etc.

So from there I had no other choice than re-install D09 c-Hubs and try. The car was indeed different in the front and absolutely less linear, and it feels better to me, especially in corners entry. It seems that it could be better on small carpet track but on our outdoor track I really prefer the feeling of the D09 :-)

TC5 04-22-2018 07:54 AM

D10 set up sheet

1 Attachment(s)
Hi All

Find my set up sheet - for outdoor , a bit bumpy - medium to low grip .

Works well , I used RC3 to get the base and tuned for the track .

I am thinking of going SMJ blue (2.8) in front and Xray 2.6 rear . This to get away from the slight death ring.

The current set up does away with a lot of camber gain and has super rear gent traction and lateral grip - maybe a wee too much

TC5 04-22-2018 07:56 AM

Shock Bladders

Hi All ,
I find that the black badders allow the shock to sweat on the D10 . Any feedback ? I was told by some of the ex team drivers to use the xray black bladders or maybe the vbc blue bladders .

Thanks

tcboy1983 04-26-2018 12:43 AM

First time out

Went out with my new d10 at the weekend and have to say it’s quick lots of steering ( think that’s down to the steering was same as when I run a mi5 ) after few changes had a good base setup and could push the faster boys at my track that day

it’s easier to drive then d09 but had trouble with build with arms being to big so ended sanding the edges that face the ff and rr hinge pin blocks to get to drop freely ( I don’t mind fettleing to much plus it’s better then to much slop)

also vbc forgot my alloy chassis but sent it next day with a free car stand worth $17 so can’t complain

really happy with the car

Josh-n-ya 04-26-2018 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by tcboy1983 (Post 15216691)
Went out with my new d10 at the weekend and have to say it’s quick lots of steering ( think that’s down to the steering was same as when I run a mi5 ) after few changes had a good base setup and could push the faster boys at my track that day

it’s easier to drive then d09 but had trouble with build with arms being to big so ended sanding the edges that face the ff and rr hinge pin blocks to get to drop freely ( I don’t mind fettleing to much plus it’s better then to much slop)

also vbc forgot my alloy chassis but sent it next day with a free car stand worth $17 so can’t complain

I didn't get a allow chassis with mine either. Might email them tomorrow. I got mine out on the track for the first time this past weekend and had pretty good results. Minor changes and more testing to come.

Airwave 04-27-2018 09:13 AM

I had a contact with VBC yesterday, they are sending me replacement rear hubs.
:-)

tcboy1983 04-28-2018 12:23 AM

I think it is things like this that are stopping vbc taking off in uk ,which Lucas told me in December that they have problems with the company they out source that makes and packages the kits for them . But as a company they are really good at trying to keep customers happy if there is a problem with quick response times

compared to the X-ray 18 which is a good car but I know a few ppl find it had to find a base setup as the setup window is so small , where as the vbc for me from kit all I did was 450cst oil in shocks , 5000 cst oil I diff, screws out the bottom of the chassis and used 2mm chassis brace
am going to try 500cst shock oil as I used 450cst in the old shock so to get the same sort of damper effect I need to change it up a grade or too

TC5 04-30-2018 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by TC5 (Post 15214102)
Hi All ,
I find that the black badders allow the shock to sweat on the D10 . Any feedback ? I was told by some of the ex team drivers to use the xray black bladders or maybe the vbc blue bladders .

Thanks

Bump ...

Hi All - anyone have any feedback ?

Thanks

)EIB( 04-30-2018 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by tcboy1983 (Post 15216691)

What email address did you use to contact them for kit parts issues? is it just [email protected]? This is the only email address I can find on their website under "find dealers"

Airwave 04-30-2018 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by TC5 (Post 15214100)
Hi All

Find my set up sheet - for outdoor , a bit bumpy - medium to low grip .

Works well , I used RC3 to get the base and tuned for the track .

I am thinking of going SMJ blue (2.8) in front and Xray 2.6 rear . This to get away from the slight death ring.

The current set up does away with a lot of camber gain and has super rear gent traction and lateral grip - maybe a wee too much

I'm sorry but how can a setup sheet be relevant without the tyres or the sauce specified?

tcboy1983 05-01-2018 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by )EIB( (Post 15219147)
What email address did you use to contact them for kit parts issues? is it just [email protected]? This is the only email address I can find on their website under "find dealers"

try [email protected] same as on invoice