R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   VBC D10 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/999215-vbc-d10.html)

tbrymer 02-17-2018 09:15 PM

I've tried a lot of things to get rid of rear grip on turn in. The best thing I've found so far is increasing the rear sway bar.

fanfor18 02-18-2018 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by tbrymer (Post 15161240)
I've tried a lot of things to get rid of rear grip on turn in. The best thing I've found so far is increasing the rear sway bar.

I did not think about the sway bar. I am planning to try a lighter diff fluid but I will also try the sway bar. Thanks

tbrymer 02-18-2018 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by fanfor18 (Post 15161393)
I did not think about the sway bar. I am planning to try a lighter diff fluid but I will also try the sway bar. Thanks

Thinner diff fluid will help also, but it's a balancing act. Changing the diff fluid to get more entry will also affect how the car comes out of the corner. You will notice a difference.

vivo quevas 02-18-2018 09:45 AM

Brandon's car handle spectacularly yesterday, I raced my VB10 yesterday too in the VTA class my car iwas setup Kindle different I have front steering blocks in the rear to adjust the rear toe and give the car some rear steering. My car drove great lacked straight away speed. I stayed after the race and changed motors gained on that. I will try my D10 again next weekend race. See what happens.

RCMADMAN 02-20-2018 01:14 AM

Hi guys on the D10 how much camber would I look at front and rear as a base setting?
Low grip outdoor track. Thanks all

tbrymer 02-20-2018 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by RCMADMAN (Post 15163122)
Hi guys on the D10 how much camber would I look at front and rear as a base setting?
Low grip outdoor track. Thanks all

Start at 2 degrees

jorgesimes 02-22-2018 10:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Based on edward2003 inputs, i think now my car performs on asphalt as it should, thank you so much for your work, it really made a big diference on my car performance. Here is my setup with Volante tires and blinky 10.5T motor. Any more advices would be awesome.

Johnny Wishbone 03-06-2018 11:26 AM

The D10's where running very well this weekend in Kamloops. :-)

DBM 03-06-2018 12:26 PM

I was VERY happy with my D10 at the WCICS Rnd6 event in Kamloops this past weekend. I managed to qualify P2 behind Xray's Luke Pittman in 17.5 Touring Stock and finished 2nd after the triple mains were over. Gary Lanzer was right behind me in the 3rd main with his D10.
No broken parts, and many positive comments from fellow competitors and spectators on how well the D10's were working.
I didn't change a thing with the setup all weekend except for the amount of glue on the front tires. I'll submit a setup sheet to petit sometime In the near future.

uakel 03-06-2018 06:07 PM

Hi guys, i have a question on the Isoflex system (using turnbuckle), would like to the reference point for the distance between the ball connectors.

Also would like to know the mm shim are using below the ball connectors too. No sure if i got it right, (reading from the manual one side use 2mm and other side is using 1+2mm ) , which i found using 2mm on each would be more parallel...

Any advice much appreciate it, thanks.

tbrymer 03-06-2018 07:53 PM

When is the Active Rear Toe system coming out for the D10?

vivo quevas 03-07-2018 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by tbrymer (Post 15176061)
When is the Active Rear Toe system coming out for the D10?

Use all the same parts that are in the front end of the D10 IE the caster blocks spindles and steering arms In the rear I installed these parts in the rear of my D10 so all four corners on my car looks the same Build your own ARS system using stock parts for about $40. I

DBM 03-07-2018 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by uakel (Post 15175962)
Hi guys, i have a question on the Isoflex system (using turnbuckle), would like to the reference point for the distance between the ball connectors.

Also would like to know the mm shim are using below the ball connectors too. No sure if i got it right, (reading from the manual one side use 2mm and other side is using 1+2mm ) , which i found using 2mm on each would be more parallel...

Any advice much appreciate it, thanks.

I used 2mm front and rear. Gary was using no spacers last time i looked at his car. If you use the front-most motor mount hole, you have to use very short screws.
I've never used the turnbuckle is oflex system so unfortunately i cannot comment on that.

DBM 03-07-2018 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by vivo quevas (Post 15176390)
Use all the same parts that are in the front end of the D10 IE the caster blocks spindles and steering arms In the rear I installed these parts in the rear of my D10 so all four corners on my car looks the same Build your own ARS system using stock parts for about $40. I

That is what i intend on doing.

uakel 03-07-2018 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by jorgesimes (Post 15165274)
Based on edward2003 inputs, i think now my car performs on asphalt as it should, thank you so much for your work, it really made a big diference on my car performance. Here is my setup with Volante tires and blinky 10.5T motor. Any more advices would be awesome.

Thanks for sharing on the setup sheet...

Looking at Edward and Jorge setup sheet, i have a question on one part where it said 1mm on FR suspension arm..

So I bought the vbc suspension arm shim set (option-part), but i couldn't find one that can be used for FR , therefore would like to know if you guys just use normal shim to make the job done by putting on 1mm shim between the chassis and underneath FR suspension arm mount?
Any advice much appreciate...

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rct...a818f3ee47.png

FR- 1 mm Shim up Question