Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree254Likes

Roche Rapide F1 Evo

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2019, 12:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I picked up f1 evo us spec. with outdoor season coming need to get carbon chassis and rear pod . Who has them in stock.
Old 03-11-2019, 01:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigtee01
I picked up f1 evo us spec. with outdoor season coming need to get carbon chassis and rear pod . Who has them in stock.
Try Rocheusa

Rapide F1 EVO Graphite Lower Pod Plate
Old 03-11-2019, 07:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Every time I put this thing down on the track I can't stop grinning from ear to ear . So much fun to drive. Have had some pretty gnarly crashes with mine and so far the only thing I broke was the left hub. That just from tightening it down on the axle. Just split right down the side of the hub. State race this weekend hope the new one gets here before then.
simple and iTz Nicholas72 like this.
Old 03-11-2019, 07:41 AM
Tech Rookie

Talking

Originally Posted by shadowracer24
Every time I put this thing down on the track I can't stop grinning from ear to ear . So much fun to drive. Have had some pretty gnarly crashes with mine and so far the only thing I broke was the left hub. That just from tightening it down on the axle. Just split right down the side of the hub. State race this weekend hope the new one gets here before then.
FULLY AGREE MAN! Really is the best F1 car I've ever driven. I'm from Cape Town, South Africa and my friend Nico just started bringing the Roche cars into the country and 3 of us from Cape Town will be up in the capital Johannesburg later this week for the first round of our Nationals Having gone from running Xray for the previous 2 seasons, I'm excited to show the rest of the country what these cars are capable of!

Cheers,
Vava
Old 03-11-2019, 08:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hanulec
Center pivot and side links
Rear wing holder
Is the center pivot an upgrade or having an extra a recommendation? I haven't broken one.
Also, where can I get the new style rear wing holder?
Just locked down a 2nd overall at the recent UF1 series race on black carpet at TQ RC Raceway.
Pretty much setup as per Hanulec, some front tire gluing trickery as conditions dictate. Cold rainy or hot muggy
Tim Neja likes this.
Old 03-11-2019, 10:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

still waiting for the detected rear wing mount.

Old 03-11-2019, 06:21 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
Is the center pivot an upgrade or having an extra a recommendation? I haven't broken one.
Also, where can I get the new style rear wing holder?
Just locked down a 2nd overall at the recent UF1 series race on black carpet at TQ RC Raceway.
Pretty much setup as per Hanulec, some front tire gluing trickery as conditions dictate. Cold rainy or hot muggy
An extra pivot.. that is all.
When I drive badly I break a pivot + side link
Old 03-11-2019, 07:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Looking at getting a car and it’s down to this and the Xray. I like that I can get this with the aluminum chassis but if I’m only going to have one for carpet and asphalt, which will be easier to adapt? In other words will aluminum only work on carpet? Seems like you can get graphite to work on either. I’ve never had an X-ray and always wanted one, but the Evo looks really good. Just concerned about parts support. seems like they have a hard time keeping up with demand

Last edited by DG Designs; 03-11-2019 at 09:30 PM.
Old 03-11-2019, 08:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If you're going to race outdoors and indoors--I'd go with graphite / carbon! It's going to be easier to setup in the long run. Of course---I've got a friend selling an Xray ---$250 RTR--Craig Correa over on facebook.
  • PM me if you want his contact info--he's selling all his 1/10 scale RC Stuff
DG Designs likes this.
Old 03-11-2019, 09:28 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Some people are going back to carbon on black carpet. I run my Xray on carbon on carpet now and our local fast guy just changed from his aluminum Rapide Evo to his carbon Evo and is faster with it.
DG Designs likes this.
Old 03-11-2019, 10:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hanulec
An extra pivot.. that is all.
When I drive badly I break a pivot + side link
I've got the alum side link goodies
Hook a brother up with the rear wing mount upgrade?
Originally Posted by Tim Neja
If you're going to race outdoors and indoors--I'd go with graphite / carbon! It's going to be easier to setup in the long run. Of course---I've got a friend selling an Xray ---$250 RTR--Craig Correa over on facebook.
  • PM me if you want his contact info--he's selling all his 1/10 scale RC Stuff
My buddy bought that XRAY
Originally Posted by Dan
Some people are going back to carbon on black carpet. I run my Xray on carbon on carpet now and our local fast guy just changed from his aluminum Rapide Evo to his carbon Evo and is faster with it.
I don't want to hear that the carbon chassis is working better, I love lookin at that sexy aluminum chassis!
Old 03-12-2019, 10:08 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

That sexy alum chassis, will look good on your shelf queen shelf....

Roche evo pivot, is the best current pivot
Old 03-13-2019, 11:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Was just sitting here going through the car to prepare for this weekends state race and noticed something felt weird with the rear pod. Found out the ball had popped out of the pivot probably after a bad crash I had during the second qualifier last weekend. Never noticed after so must have run the whole main with it that way and the car was still the fastest on track and drove great. Unbelievable how good I feel this thing is. Wanna call me a fan boy go right ahead, won't get no argument outta me. Lol!
iTz Nicholas72 likes this.
Old 03-13-2019, 12:14 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

If I'm not mistaken, the Associated F6 pivot setup should work on the Roche if you grind the upper ears of the blue pivot mount. (Or buy the black Zen Racing Pivot)

I run this pivot setup on my X-ray. It is smooth and tweak-free on crashes.

Last edited by Dan; 03-13-2019 at 12:25 PM.
Old 03-13-2019, 01:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

I heard someone say that a while back and thought about trying it. May go ahead and see if that works out. At least have something to fall back on if I have an issue. Don't think I can get a replacement pivot before this weekend .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.