Like Tree132Likes

Roche Rapide F1 Evo

Reply

Old 04-15-2018, 09:56 PM
  #166  
Tech Addict
 
Tim Neja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Orange County California
Posts: 584
Default

They want $35 for those aluminum mounts!! I built some out of carbon and small aluminum spacers. I'll get the plastic ones for replacements-- with a few spares. I don't think I'll break these very often, but it is a weak point in the car.
Tim Neja is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 10:13 PM
  #167  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (60)
 
Raman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,497
Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)
Default

They actually break frequently. I have broken 3 of them and recently bought the aluminium ones.. they’re very pretty
mariob62 and Tim Neja like this.
Raman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 08:03 AM
  #168  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 167
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Raman View Post
They actually break frequently. I have broken 3 of them and recently bought the aluminium ones.. they’re very pretty
I broke one on the first race day, no major hits. The optional mounts are pricey, but you'll soon spend more on replacement plastics.
Tim Neja likes this.
mariob62 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 09:36 AM
  #169  
Tech Addict
 
Tim Neja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Orange County California
Posts: 584
Default

Yeah---I broke down and ordered a set!! I figured your right Mario because even my carbon ones are on stands with bolts--I thought the next thing to go would be the chassis!! And that's expensive too!! The aluminum mounts will be much stronger and have more support.
I honestly would not have if the car wasn't SOO good the first time I ran it!! REALLY fast THROUGH the corners---exactly what I have been looking for. I'm looking forward to racing it!!
Tim Neja is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 10:38 AM
  #170  
Tech Elite
 
JayL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ca
Posts: 3,002
Default

Originally Posted by Tim Neja View Post
Yeah---I broke down and ordered a set!! I figured your right Mario because even my carbon ones are on stands with bolts--I thought the next thing to go would be the chassis!! And that's expensive too!! The aluminum mounts will be much stronger and have more support.
I honestly would not have if the car wasn't SOO good the first time I ran it!! REALLY fast THROUGH the corners---exactly what I have been looking for. I'm looking forward to racing it!!
I know exactly how you feel, corner speed!

I really like the alum side links mounts, despite the $$, as they add the option of running some toe, more narrow in front for the links. On some layouts that gives more steering, another tuning option.
Tim Neja likes this.
JayL is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 12:03 PM
  #171  
Tech Master
iTrader: (18)
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,804
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by JayL View Post
I know exactly how you feel, corner speed!

I really like the alum side links mounts, despite the $$, as they add the option of running some toe, more narrow in front for the links. On some layouts that gives more steering, another tuning option.
Guess I'll get a set next time I do a Roche order.
iTz Nicholas72 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 05:25 AM
  #172  
bl4
Tech Addict
iTrader: (5)
 
bl4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 500
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Does anyone know can the Jconcepts LMP conversion kit fit on F1 EVO?
bl4 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 06:20 PM
  #173  
Tech Addict
 
Tim Neja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Orange County California
Posts: 584
Default

Originally Posted by JayL View Post
I know exactly how you feel, corner speed!

I really like the alum side links mounts, despite the $$, as they add the option of running some toe, more narrow in front for the links. On some layouts that gives more steering, another tuning option.
Yeah I got those mounts today--and I have to say their really nice!! I can't imagine breaking these babies. Very clean and offer a much more solid mount. Well worth it!!
mariob62 likes this.
Tim Neja is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 11:48 AM
  #174  
Tech Elite
 
JayL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ca
Posts: 3,002
Default

Originally Posted by Tim Neja View Post
Yeah I got those mounts today--and I have to say their really nice!! I can't imagine breaking these babies. Very clean and offer a much more solid mount. Well worth it!!
Awesome!
You are going to be happy now, they make you feel safer
Tim Neja likes this.
JayL is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 01:05 PM
  #175  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 167
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by JayL View Post
Awesome!
You are going to be happy now, they make you feel safer
The plastic link holder is the only broken part in 8 months of racing on my Evo.
Tim Neja and RCPhenom like this.
mariob62 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 09:03 PM
  #176  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (1)
 
RCPhenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 58
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Link ?

Originally Posted by JayL View Post
Awesome!
You are going to be happy now, they make you feel safer
Can someone post a link to the mounts?
RCPhenom is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 09:21 PM
  #177  
Tech Addict
 
Tim Neja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Orange County California
Posts: 584
Default

Originally Posted by RCPhenom View Post

Can someone post a link to the mounts?
Roche - Rapide F1/P10/P12 Aluminum Pod Link Mount Set (310160)
Tim Neja is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 09:30 PM
  #178  
Tech Addict
 
Tim Neja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Orange County California
Posts: 584
Default

Originally Posted by Gerd View Post
Did anyone tried the new lower arms set already?
Red RC ? RC Car News » Roche Rapide F1 wide front lower arms
Where can you find them?? I can't locate on the Roche website?
Tim Neja is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 03:16 AM
  #179  
Tech Master
iTrader: (18)
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,804
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Tim Neja View Post
Where can you find them?? I can't locate on the Roche website?
Rapide F1 EVO Graphite Front Arm Set (+2mm)
iTz Nicholas72 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 10:27 AM
  #180  
Tech Elite
 
JayL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ca
Posts: 3,002
Default

Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
Those may be dialed on carpet, otherwise car will push more. I guess if you need to calm down the front at your track....
JayL is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service