R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 12-06-2017, 04:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: 2017 Stock Wars @ 180 Raceway! Dec 8-10
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: R Dodge
December 8-10 - Live Timing on RC Scoring Pro

Thank You to:
Awesomatix USA & Motiv RC !
- without their support this event & indoor season would not be possible at 180 Raceway -

Avid RC
Destiny RC USA
TQ Wire
Team Scream
Team EA Motorsports
RC America

Team Powers
Fantom Racing
Helix Designs
SXT
R1 Wurks
2mm Designs
Race-Rewards
5280 Raceway
BSR Tires
CRC
Gravity RC

Ulti Tires
Xenon Racing

Print Wikipost

Like Tree50Likes

Old 08-16-2017, 03:45 AM   #16
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdmpastx View Post
Found a pic on Facebook of the stand and while I can roll up on it, there's no ledge cutout so I can be shoulder to shoulder with the drivers. That means I'd be sitting ass level behind a row of guys and not able to see the track. I don't know if it would be possible or not but I'd need a cutout\ledge to be able to race there. Btw I'm not demanding it just stating the need. If y'all were willing to do something, I'd come.
I know what you're talking about. I'll see what we can do. Already have some ideas in mind.
SMcD likes this.
Old 08-16-2017, 07:12 AM   #17
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

We have to talk about this first week of December scheduling. It doesn't mesh well with my job!
nwagner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 07:20 AM   #18
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwagner View Post
We have to talk about this first week of December scheduling. It doesn't mesh well with my job!
Gosh, seems like I've heard that before. LOL.
vafactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 07:46 AM   #19
Tech Elite

Yea, there are so many races I don't want to conflict with or be too close to. Hard to get a good one
Old 08-16-2017, 10:44 AM   #20
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Count me in!
Old 08-16-2017, 12:08 PM   #21
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Any chance you guys would consider a novice class (car and motor type TBD) and or a TCS Mini Cooper class. Really would be cool to start and see an option for kids and or newbies at as many races as possible. Given enough time, once rules are establish, people can prepare. Doesn't have to be TCS specific but something dedicated to a "true" novice level would be nice.

Looking forward to attending. I'm marking down the dates... hopefully the kids don't have a sports event.
Old 08-16-2017, 12:51 PM   #22
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

how about euro truck?
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / [email protected] Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 03:23 PM   #23
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Giordano View Post
Any chance you guys would consider a novice class (car and motor type TBD) and or a TCS Mini Cooper class. Really would be cool to start and see an option for kids and or newbies at as many races as possible. Given enough time, once rules are establish, people can prepare. Doesn't have to be TCS specific but something dedicated to a "true" novice level would be nice.

Looking forward to attending. I'm marking down the dates... hopefully the kids don't have a sports event.
I'm sure they are trying to keep the program as lean as possible to get people back to work on Monday morning.
dbailes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 03:29 PM   #24
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
how about euro truck?
Would Euro truck be modified?
Casey and Antimullet like this.
Old 08-16-2017, 07:10 PM   #25
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Dodge View Post
I know what you're talking about. I'll see what we can do. Already have some ideas in mind.
Thanks Robbie. I will look into getting some plane tickets once you guys lock things down.

If you are going to Nats, you'll see what N-Control did for me. It works well but on yours, the draw bridge type seems like a better fit. I will take pics at Banana if I go this weekend.
bdmpastx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 03:11 AM   #26
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
how about euro truck?
This would be cool as well, although 95% of the guys running Euro truck at the Tamiya race are highly experienced.
Old 08-17-2017, 03:17 AM   #27
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbailes View Post
I'm sure they are trying to keep the program as lean as possible to get people back to work on Monday morning.
I agree, get it done quickly ... but then why have two separate classes for TC and 1/12th? Pro vs. sportsman? I'm just looking for dedicated novice class... so long as the "sportsman" understand there will be novices in their class, I'm cool with it.
Old 08-17-2017, 03:56 AM   #28
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Giordano View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbailes View Post
I agree it would be great to have something for the future stars of rc, but I do also need to be mindful that some folks do have flights or long drives home on Sunday. Not saying no, just not sure how to work it in and make it worthwhile for the parents. Also not sure of the interest level - I think we could probably get 2 or 3 kids out there just from local support
Old 08-17-2017, 03:58 AM   #29
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdmpastx View Post
Thanks Robbie. I will look into getting some plane tickets once you guys lock things down.

If you are going to Nats, you'll see what N-Control did for me. It works well but on yours, the draw bridge type seems like a better fit. I will take pics at Banana if I go this weekend.
Yea I think what I had in mind came from watching the Full Throttle Champs at Banana actually. That is probably our best bet. Pics would be great!
Old 08-18-2017, 05:18 AM   #30
Tech Elite

I am happy to announce that MOTIV RC has come back as title sponsor for 2017!
Jamie Hanson likes this.