this was digging

click for bigger

http://www.rc50.com/albums/thegate/halloween/2005/PICT0861.JPG

2005 Halloween Classic RC50.com

Barry Baker is still my hero.

but can anybody find Andrew Knapp?

I see 21 faces who can name them all?
RBLove likes this.
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow — never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long — you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 12:29 PM   #32
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashrcracer View Post
IIC 2008
Times change! Regarding handout motors, drastic times require drastic measures. I am more impressed with tire rules.
Old 08-10-2017, 03:14 PM   #33
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead_22 View Post
well after seeing the classes and found out that i just wasted money on two new 17.5 for this race in out.
You could look at it as protecting your investment for the next big race you attend. It's not like they will go bad
nwagner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 03:57 PM   #34
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Im a little disappointed that basically the Super stock class is a handout at this event. I can understand the slowest stock class and think that is great. You all didn't even do it for USGT which makes no sense to do so in 17.5 Super stock. Just my personal opinion and we know how those are!

Regardless I will try and be there this year!!

EA
DARKSIDE and Adam B like this.
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 05:52 PM   #35
Tech Regular

If 17.5 is super stock what is 13.5?

I hope to see you as well, lay off the surgeries for a while!
Old 08-10-2017, 05:56 PM   #36
Team EAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwagner View Post
If 17.5 is super stock what is 13.5?

I hope to see you as well, lay off the surgeries for a while!
There is no 13.5TC anymore. Its 21.5 or 25.5 for the slowest class. 17.5 for the middle and mod for the fastest.

EA
Old 08-10-2017, 06:40 PM   #37
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
There is no 13.5TC anymore. Its 21.5 or 25.5 for the slowest class. 17.5 for the middle and mod for the fastest.

EA
Aww c'mon man you're cherry picking. TC 13.5 died for a reason. What is 13.5 12th, Super Super Stock?
Old 08-10-2017, 06:54 PM   #38
Team EAM

Quote:
Aww c'mon man you're cherry picking. TC 13.5 died for a reason. What is 13.5 12th, Super Super Stock?
Not even sure what you mean. There are three speeds. The middle is Super stock. Slowest is Stock. Fastest is Mod. Pretty simple.

EA
Racermac73 likes this.
Old 08-10-2017, 07:30 PM   #39
Tech Regular

I was confused because 13.5 TC was super stock along with 13.5 12th, but then TC died.
Old 08-11-2017, 05:31 AM   #40
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to chicky03

Quote:
I was confused because 13.5 TC was super stock along with 13.5 12th, but then TC died.
Super stock is 17.5 now in tc. 21.5 tc is stock. Even I know that and haven't raced and on road car since the snowbirds. :-O
RBLove, mackin and miller tyme like this.
chicky03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 06:40 AM   #41
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicky03 View Post
Super stock is 17.5 now in tc. 21.5 tc is stock. Even I know that and haven't raced and on road car since the snowbirds. :-O
Hmmm...I thought the new TC class structure was Watching Paint Dry, Better Keep Your Eyes Open, and Get the Broom and Dustpan? Guess I am wrong again. Despite the cost IMO getting one handout motor adds an interesting element to the classes.
Old 08-11-2017, 08:42 AM   #42
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicky03 View Post
Aren't you supposed to be at an off-road race somewhere? Haha.

At any rate, back on topic. To alleviate fears of getting a bad handout, I wanted to let everyone know that EVERY motor will be QC'd to ensure nobody gets a dud.
Old 08-11-2017, 08:46 AM   #43
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I get the hand out reasons and do and don't like it. The positive is, everyone is running the same motor. The negative, that motor gets thrown in the bag or given away after the race because it is usually sub-par to even the cheapest motor out of the hobby shop. In essence, paperweights like the old brush days. That being said, the race should be great as usual and will be interesting to see how it all goes. I was there when the F1 25.5 rule started, a lot, even me, complained, but we are now all running that rule and at an F1 race, any of the top guys can win and are very close.
mackin and hanulec like this.

**TEAM RCAMERICA**XRAY**HUDY**PROLEVEL RC**
chensleyrc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 09:27 AM   #44
Tech Elite

I like the handout motor. I think the race promoters need to coordinate somehow to make things more consistent from race to race. I don't know how we go about that, but it is something that I think would benefit everyone.

Trying to make this one
mackin, hanulec and miller tyme like this.
Old 08-11-2017, 09:49 AM   #45
Tech Elite

To expand on my previous post, my local outdoor track has recently begun doing a handout spec 13.5 with locked timing and fixed FDR for club racing. It is the Team Powers locked endbell motor. I think the motors cost the club $45 each. Racers are provided the option to put in $45 for the season to cover that cost, or to pay $15 extra per race. Each race day racers do a random-draw to get their motor for the day, and we keep track of who gets what so there are no repeats. I think the club bought something like 20 motors. Additionally, a track 3 hours north of us has been doing this since the beginning of the outdoor season (we copied them) so it makes life easier for everyone involved, tracks and racers alike.

Furthermore, the racing since we've done this has been outstanding. Sam, Gee, myself and others have enjoyed some of the closest qualifying and mains that we've ever had. It is pretty cool to see the importance of hitting the line just right to carry momentum and just how much difference that can make when you are nose to tail. (insert sydor joke here)
nwagner likes this.