• 2 Post By westendorfy
  • 1 Post By heretic

New Virtual 1/12th scale coming soon to RC Sim 2.0

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2017, 09:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default New Virtual 1/12th scale coming soon to RC Sim 2.0

Thought some on road guys might enjoy a peak of the new 3d models and physics that I just finished for my Indie game on Steam. I have been running the 1/12th scale rug for a long time and I finally have finished my digital version the new UN12D.

I also included a short write up from the original post on Steam......

Let me know what ya think.

New 1/12th scale pancar. Coming Soon.....

I LOVE 1/12th scale on road. The precision. The speed. The High Tech materials. The small cramped pit spaces. The wonderful smell of tire dope in the morning. ahhhhh tire dope. Oh and dont forget the tire trueing. I think I am the only one that still LOVES trueing up a new set of tires.

I got into "running the rug" back in 1993 at USA Raceways in Bridgeport , MI at a track that was maybe 60' x 30' in dimensions. It was a small tight layout every weekend and it was like fighting in a phone booth. I LOVED IT. Most of my driving skill today comes from running in those tight close lanes. My parents would drop me off every Saturday morning and the track would have a double header race. Dave the owner would run once in the morning and another Race at night. I wish more tracks would do something like this and have less time in between races.... But again, that's another story.

The class to run back then was 1/12th scale Brushed Stock. 27 turn brushed motors locked at 24 degrees of timing. They would get 40 entries in both the morning and evening races in the winter seasons. Some of the fastest drivers in the world would show up in early November each year to practice for "The Indoor Champs" that took place every year on Thanksgiving at a Holiday Inn in Independence, OH.

The new 12th scale pancar in RC Sim 2.0 will be equipped with changeable wheel colors, Aluminum accent color choices and also features animated suspensions, Linkages and wiring. The car does best on flat Ozite carpet (The gray carpet in the track editor) and also on Asphalt. I am still finishing up the physics but so far it is my new favorite car. The grip level, lack of suspension travel and the low center of gravity make them really snappy and fun to drive.

SIDE NOTE: I realize that not everybody is Joel Johnson, (google the dude if you dont know who he is.) so I am working on some driving aids to make driving these ridiculously fast vehicles with a non RC Remote a bit easier. This will give the user the ability to turn them on and off for a more arcade-ish fun experience. More news on that later....

+ https://youtu.be/s6wLjDN6bMc" title="View this video at YouTube in a new window or tab" target="_blank">YouTube Video
https://youtu.be/s6wLjDN6bMc"> https://youtu.be/s6wLjDN6bMc" /> ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

JatoTheRipper and CFRacing like this.
Old 07-23-2017, 04:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Very nice man!
Old 07-31-2017, 07:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Looks fun
Old 07-31-2017, 10:26 PM
DMD
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

12th scale looks 👌🏼
Old 08-01-2017, 03:20 AM
Tech Master

Curious to try it. I tried VRC's 1/12th class twice but I could never get anything driveable, much less true to how a real-life 1/12th drives.
JatoTheRipper likes this.
Old 08-01-2017, 11:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Keep up the great work! It looks really good!