Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree507Likes

Tamiya M-07 Concept

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2018, 03:56 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by 69rotang
Just wondering... has anyone tried those 'Yeah Racing' diffs that are available for the M07? Interested if anyone has tried it locked up like a spool as the diff comes with a locker attachment. Am I correct in thinking a locked diff will push into the corners, pull harder out of corners and maybe wander on the straights?
I haven't got my M07 up and running yet... but on my M05 V2 R I run a spool. I don't have any push, Turns in great, pulls amazing out of all corners but is sketchy on the straights. I can drive it lap after lap with good results but if I hand my remote to someone they can't get it to go. It's different for sure and I will end up with a spool'd M07 as well I feel. Double jointed shafts are a must. If you want to split the difference between gear diff and the spool try 500K-1mill diff fluid to give you a great idea. Tamiya Sells the TA06 spool piece so you don't have to buy the yeah racing unit.. if you don't want to.
69rotang likes this.
Old 12-06-2018, 03:51 AM
Tech Adept

just bought the M07 and there are so many hop up parts on rcmart.

I take it as the recommended ones to get are the trf big bore shocks? and the sway bars?

Do I even need those alu front suspension parts (4, 5 degrees) steering arms etc?

Old 12-06-2018, 05:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by novaris
just bought the M07 and there are so many hop up parts on rcmart.

I take it as the recommended ones to get are the trf big bore shocks? and the sway bars?

Do I even need those alu front suspension parts (4, 5 degrees) steering arms etc?
You don't need anything, the car works great box stock. I changed the shocks on mine because I had a spare set of TRF lying around but it didn't perform any better. The only part I do recommend is the alloy diff cap as it helps prevent the cap deforming, which causes leaks.
Phillip F and DaSilva3525 like this.
Old 12-06-2018, 05:48 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by gigaplex
You don't need anything, the car works great box stock. I changed the shocks on mine because I had a spare set of TRF lying around but it didn't perform any better. The only part I do recommend is the alloy diff cap as it helps prevent the cap deforming, which causes leaks.
this
Tamiya 54602 Aluminum Gear Diff Unit Cover ?
Old 12-06-2018, 05:53 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by novaris
That's the one.
Old 12-14-2018, 10:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default I would like to share some Tamiya Mini Racing

https://youtu.be/jE6NK1HP1L4
JS likes this.
Old 12-24-2018, 06:05 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Just finished building my M07. I'm quite impressed with the plastics quality and fit & finish which is more mid-grade touring car than mini. Looking forward to getting it on track to see how it's speed compares to other minis.
Nerobro likes this.
Old 12-27-2018, 02:22 AM
Tech Rookie

Has someone a good start setup for gray carpet and how do you measure the front toe of the wheels. Have a huby setup station but the plate for measuring is too big
Old 01-01-2019, 11:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

I'm thinking of racing this car this year. The track I race at allows different brands for upgrades.
what upgrades should I get to make this car competitive?.... fast, easy to drive, and durable..
Old 01-01-2019, 12:04 PM
Tech Elite

The car goes extremely well out of the box. But there are a few upgrades I would make for durability and tunability. I always buy the Tamiya parts if I can as the quality and fit are usually excellent:
  • Steel internal diff gears. They are available separately from Tamiya but you can also buy a complete steel-geared diff from the TA06 which is a similar price and means you have some extra spares.
  • DCJ driveshafts. The kit ones bind badly at large steering angles.
  • TRF shocks. I've got the standard-length #42102 shocks on it and they are a perfect fit with the kit shock towers. The plastic shocks work surprisingly well but you miss a bit of fine tuning for ride height and they tend to wear out after a while.
  • Aluminium 5mm wheel hexes.The plastic hexes are really easy to deform when you tighten the wheels up which can cause problems.
  • A few extra springs so you have some tuning options.
Other parts I've seen people favour:
  • Aluminium diff cover which in theory deforms less so the diff is less likely to leak (not experienced any leaks with the plastic cover personally).
  • Aluminium C-hubs and steering blocks (which Tamiya don't make but 3Racing and maybe others do). Personally, I have bounced the car off plenty of barriers without damaging the kit plastics.
The really important things though are:
  • Tyres - find out what is the favoured setup at the track and copy it to start with.
  • Diff oil - you'll probably want to try some different weights to the kit 100k to get the right balance of steering, traction and stability.
The tyres and diff setting are really important on a mini. Will make much more difference than most of the hop-ups that are available.
Phillip F likes this.
Old 01-01-2019, 12:18 PM
Tech Initiate

What shock pistons do you recommend for the kit shocks? On the kit parts tree there are 1 hole, 2 hole and 3 hole.

I built mine with the 3 hole pistons (manuals says 1 hole but thought I'd try it) but thought the car was really soft with little dampening so changed to 2 hole but now thinking trying the 1 hole pistons...

i race on a small indoor carpet track with the kit oil.
Old 01-01-2019, 02:22 PM
Tech Elite

From past experience the one-hole pistons are the only ones that come close to giving decent damping, and that is when combined with the clear Tamiya damper oil which is #900. There is a huge gap between the piston and the damper cylinder on those shocks.
Doodle likes this.
Old 01-01-2019, 05:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sosidge
The car goes extremely well out of the box. But there are a few upgrades I would make for durability and tunability. I always buy the Tamiya parts if I can as the quality and fit are usually excellent:
  • Steel internal diff gears. They are available separately from Tamiya but you can also buy a complete steel-geared diff from the TA06 which is a similar price and means you have some extra spares.
  • DCJ driveshafts. The kit ones bind badly at large steering angles.
  • TRF shocks. I've got the standard-length #42102 shocks on it and they are a perfect fit with the kit shock towers. The plastic shocks work surprisingly well but you miss a bit of fine tuning for ride height and they tend to wear out after a while.
  • Aluminium 5mm wheel hexes.The plastic hexes are really easy to deform when you tighten the wheels up which can cause problems.
  • A few extra springs so you have some tuning options.
Other parts I've seen people favour:
  • Aluminium diff cover which in theory deforms less so the diff is less likely to leak (not experienced any leaks with the plastic cover personally).
  • Aluminium C-hubs and steering blocks (which Tamiya don't make but 3Racing and maybe others do). Personally, I have bounced the car off plenty of barriers without damaging the kit plastics.
The really important things though are:
  • Tyres - find out what is the favoured setup at the track and copy it to start with.
  • Diff oil - you'll probably want to try some different weights to the kit 100k to get the right balance of steering, traction and stability.
The tyres and diff setting are really important on a mini. Will make much more difference than most of the hop-ups that are available.
thank you. I

So I found this web page that has all the hop ups for this car : which upgrade is important and what I need to be competitive?
https://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/part...rts_p_id=12358
Old 01-01-2019, 05:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Proper set up and tuning for your conditions is key for the M07, especially diff set up, more so than the hop ups. Pick up what you want as you get more into the car.

Shocks for ease of adjustment, dcjs, rear sway, tires. Stock diff will work regardless of opinions.
Old 01-01-2019, 09:34 PM
Tech Elite

Since TCS is coming to my home track, is anyone willing to share their black carpet setup for the M07?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.