Tamiya M-07 Concept >

Tamiya M-07 Concept

Like Tree507Likes

Tamiya M-07 Concept

Old 01-14-2018, 06:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Burlap
It would be nice to substitute the plastic steering knuckles with M05 aluminium ones. At least until Tamiya works out their spare parts availability issues with C Parts tree.

I've found the Pits 36 tyres to be great on the front of the M07 in the heat, I have found the TP36s are over grippy and cause the car to almost traction roll or step out.
I had traction roll issues with the M03 with TP36 but so far haven't had that issue on the M07. But it is something to bear in mind as they can get pretty grippy.
Old 01-14-2018, 06:45 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Burlap
It would be nice to substitute the plastic steering knuckles with M05 aluminium ones. At least until Tamiya works out their spare parts availability issues with C Parts tree.

I've found the Pits 36 tyres to be great on the front of the M07 in the heat, I have found the TP36s are over grippy and cause the car to almost traction roll or step out.
What part # are the Pits 36?

The ones we have been using are Pit 0456 with Team Power 36's on the back. When it's cooler you can change the back to Sweep 25's or Team Power 30's or even S Grips.

Tried Tamiya Type B front's didn't work at all, on a cold track M grip fronts sort of worked but wore very quickly.

Problem here is that after 4 runs (rotating left to right after 2) The fronts were stuffed. So they didn't even last a race meet.
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya M-07 Concept-26731446_10157035727070558_5247357611901305609_n.jpg   Tamiya M-07 Concept-26695139_10214990699869491_304317093_o.jpg  
Old 01-14-2018, 08:27 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by nexxus
What part # are the Pits 36?

The ones we have been using are Pit 0456 with Team Power 36's on the back. When it's cooler you can change the back to Sweep 25's or Team Power 30's or even S Grips.

Tried Tamiya Type B front's didn't work at all, on a cold track M grip fronts sort of worked but wore very quickly.

Problem here is that after 4 runs (rotating left to right after 2) The fronts were stuffed. So they didn't even last a race meet.
Pit Shimizu PS-0434 I believe. The ones you quoted are 60 diameter, we run 55mm. It's interesting that you're mixing and matching the diameters.

I've found the Pit Shimizu tyres (55mm diameter, "Racing Inner Mesh" range) last longer than Sweep, but not as long as Team Powers.

Old 01-14-2018, 08:46 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I think with our larger tracks, the larger diameters were being used for the long straight etc. May try the 434 I have a set of those (had them on the rear took a long time to come in) maybe they will wear better.
Old 01-14-2018, 09:48 PM
Tech Champion

I think with our larger tracks, the larger diameters were being used for the long straight etc. May try the 434 I have a set of those (had them on the rear took a long time to come in) maybe they will wear better.
I doubt the 434 would work well as a rear, I'd use them as a front only. If you're looking for good 60 diameter tyres, I hear Ride Inch Ups were pretty popular before we went 55mm only. I've never used them though so YMMV.
Old 01-14-2018, 09:59 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

No the ride inch ups were shocking, really just did not work for us. Interesting that the 434 wouldn't work as a rear yet the Team Powers 36's do.
Old 01-15-2018, 05:13 AM
Tech Champion

No the ride inch ups were shocking, really just did not work for us. Interesting that the 434 wouldn't work as a rear yet the Team Powers 36's do.
Yeah, the Team Powers tyres are a weird compound. Much grippier than you'd expect from a tyre of that rating but works well in the heat. They still work in the cold too if you pre-warm them with tyre warmers. I've been told they're probably closer to a 24 in terms of grip when comparing to some other brands. I do know for sure that they're grippier than the Shimizu 33s (at least on that day at that temp) from when I tried TP36 front PS33 rear and vice versa on my 4WD mini.
Old 01-15-2018, 06:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I usually prefer my cars to slide a little rather than go for outright grip, and found the TP36s to be a bit too much in the heat, but good for racing when temperatures are under 30c. The wear I have been getting from the Pits has been good, especially on the M07 where it doesn't seem to cause the "ring of death" as the M05 would do.

As Giga said, I am using the PS-0434 (36R) tyres on the front. On the rears I have been going between the 30R and 33R tyres. I have heard of Mini drivers using the 33Rs on the front in warm/hot weather, but I haven't had a chance to try that out yet.
Old 01-17-2018, 02:54 AM
Tech Rookie

I am running my M-07 on Prima track GT carpet (aka Prima GT) and I am finding that the car is coming to a rather abrupt halt when I release the throttle - it doesn't seem to coast for long enough before I go back on the throttle so it is making my driving a little jerky - I have no drag brake set on the esc and the pinion and spur are set correctly with no binding, I am guessing that with using the stock diff oil which is 100,000 it is the diff that is stopping the car? Would using a thinner diff oil give the car a chance of rolling a little bit more freely? I suppose the thinner the oil results in less control of the car, grip etc?

Any advice welcome as I am a newbie to m chassis.
Old 01-17-2018, 06:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Is it coming to a stop in a straight line, or cornering?

If you hold the car off the ground, give it full throttle and let off. Does it seem to coast or have brake effect?

Years ago I had a on LRP Sphere that had an issue, it behaved like it had mega drag brake, undriveable. Had to send it in for repairs. If you can, swap ESC and see if it does this still. And make sure you don't have any brake trim on your radio.

As long as your drivetrain is free, I can't see it being the diff. Unless again, you are talking about slowing in corners only. Then I'd say try heavier front fluid.
Old 02-03-2018, 12:38 PM
Tech Initiate

Where can I find a M07 setup helper for the options on a setting sheet. Im a total newbie to M chassis & I would like to know the effects of the car if a setting is changed considering FWD has different characteristics. ? it would be nice to get one from the pros or the more advanced racers out there.
Old 02-04-2018, 12:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

So, TCS is coming soon to 180 Raceway in Maryland !
https://www.facebook.com/180raceway/
We have had a strong Tamiya following in the area since 1995

Now we have indoor black carpet = High grip ,
we have some of the fastest Mini drivers in the country
and our set ups are all different...

So to those running on Black carpet.. whats your favorite set up ?
Long or Med Wheel base
what springs
what's in the diff ?

either way should be an awesome battle for the Mini Podium in Maryland !
cpal likes this.
Old 02-04-2018, 02:41 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Casey

Long or Med Wheel base
what springs
what's in the diff ?

Oh boy, mini on black carpet it tricky, lots of traction roll and tricky to set up. If your diff is too loose, you’ll have no power off corners, especially hairpins. Too tight and youll wander down straightaways and understeer into corners. My biggest tip is to side glue the front tires and work with tire set up...super critical to set up the front end on the M07, good luck. And at my club, all medium wheelbase
Old 02-04-2018, 06:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casey

Long or Med Wheel base
what springs
what's in the diff ?

It kills me that I might not be able to attend this race. I am crossing my fingers though.
Old 02-05-2018, 02:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

This will make my life a little easier.. Jamie Hanson's car was in a class by itself.

Lets just say, for Black carpet racing... the secret is CA... lots and lots of CA.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.