Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya M-07 Concept >

Tamiya M-07 Concept

Like Tree453Likes

Tamiya M-07 Concept

Old 04-21-2020, 08:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If you offset the shorty to the right hand side of the car, you can access the battery terminals AND counterbalance the motor at the same time. Win-win!
that is what I have been doing for the past 3 seasons, was just curious if there was any other options (or if the 3rd party battery holders were legal). ...I like the battery ends that come w/ the M07 "r" ...they look like they could hold a shorty w/ some adjustment ...yet they don't appear to be available outside of the kit.

With a shorty you can also use the plastic battery clip (for holding long pack) and just flip it the opposite way to stick in instead of out. Foam on ends to hold any battery slop. Try it, easy to flip the clip inwards, you will see what I mean.
I feel like I've tried that and it offset my battery too much, ..yet maybe if I just do it on one side, i'll give this another look. (thanks)

Old 04-28-2020, 06:19 AM
Tech Addict

Has anybody tried Volante premounts?
Old 05-05-2020, 12:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

What blinky ESCs are people putting into these cars these days? Assuming 21.5 and TCS legal etc...
Old 05-05-2020, 04:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I like the HW XR10 Stock Specs quite a bit.
rippen and dman18t like this.
Old 05-21-2020, 02:34 AM
Tech Rookie

Can anyone tell me some decent 2s/3s Lipo/nimh batterys I'm currently running sport tuned motor with quicrun 1060 esc and I'm unsure of what batterys to get.
Old 05-21-2020, 04:30 PM
Tech Regular

Depends on a lot of factors. Are you racing? Bashing? Going to race TCS spec?
3s is not a good idea (not legal for racing anyway).

Any 2s LiPo will do the trick. Just buy whatever your local hobby store supplies, brand name is likely better than no name.
Reedy, Team Zombie, SMC, Venom etc. You are far better off getting a quality battery that can take a charge over and over without problems. Maybe stay away from stock spec specific batteries as they are already pushed to the limit and it doesn't take long for them to go south. Myself, I use Orion and Team Zombie 5000, never skip a beat with over a year if abuse.
rippen likes this.
Old 05-25-2020, 10:36 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hey guys forgive me in advance. My last mini was the M06 (RWD), I ran a honda, VW and Miata type body(s) on it (and honestly i still like it quite a bit). However i'm about to upgrade to a M07 and wondered what bodies might fit the short/medium/long versions of this chassis. If this has been discussed please just send me there. Thanks guys be safe/healthy.

Old 05-25-2020, 12:31 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Herc Driver View Post
Hey guys forgive me in advance. My last mini was the M06 (RWD), I ran a honda, VW and Miata type body(s) on it (and honestly i still like it quite a bit). However i'm about to upgrade to a M07 and wondered what bodies might fit the short/medium/long versions of this chassis. If this has been discussed please just send me there. Thanks guys be safe/healthy.

On the M07 you can fit any 225/239 Wheel base body. I really liked the Tamiya lightweight Miata on my past M07. Good on track feeling with low cg, the common 239 bodies from Tamiya would be the new Mazda 3 or NSU TT. The 225mm CRX Is still being made as well.

I think it comes down to personal preference of which wheel base you like best on track (or what you are doing with it) and pick the body accordingly. OR vice versa which I usually did.. I always liked 225mm as it still looks mini and feel mini where 239 is almost full size look / more stable feeling.
rippen likes this.
Old 05-25-2020, 01:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Thanks for the reply - Iíll look at those sized bodies

mazda3 looks pretty cool! Well most Tamiya bodies do for that matter
rippen and DaSilva3525 like this.