Like Tree323Likes

Tamiya M-07 Concept

Reply

Old 08-10-2019, 10:50 PM
  #886  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 38
Default

Originally Posted by damang999 View Post
I have tried lots of different diff oils and for me 100k to 300k works for asphalt . Even a locked diff works well . I wouldnt go under 100k

Snap oversteer can be cause by lots of things.
A bit more info on setup tires and track type is needed to understand whats going on
i run on carpet. Setup is Per manual. And Iíve tried different tires... tamiya c, tamiya sgrip and now on shimitzu mediums. Droop is 2mm. Same behavior on different tire types. Iím going to try 1m oil and see what happens. It sounds like 30k is way to light. Iím also dropping the punch on esc to about half the value.This should help but I still think itís not setup right.
rippen likes this.
ebohon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 10:58 PM
  #887  
Tech Regular
 
antlockyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: South Coast of England
Posts: 383
Default

I run 1million
ebohon likes this.
antlockyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 09:13 AM
  #888  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 6
Default Front anti roll bar rod end

Hi, i have the 3 racing anti roll bar kit for the m07 that fits fine on the rear. But for the front the rod ends don't fit on the wishbones as they are too large. Anyone recommend a part number for suitable sized rod ends to fit the front wishbones?

thanks
Timbo1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 11:20 AM
  #889  
CL
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (34)
 
CL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: So-Cal
Posts: 785
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Timbo1 View Post
Hi, i have the 3 racing anti roll bar kit for the m07 that fits fine on the rear. But for the front the rod ends don't fit on the wishbones as they are too large. Anyone recommend a part number for suitable sized rod ends to fit the front wishbones?

thanks
https://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/prod....asp?p_id=1468
CL is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 05:37 AM
  #890  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 6
Default

thanks!
Timbo1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 08:42 AM
  #891  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
eR1c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,146
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Wow you guys are running some tight diff's, I've found 75k on asphalt to be the best for me.. (I mix 50k and 100k. Too tight and my rear wants to swing out.
eR1c is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 12:18 PM
  #892  
Tech Master
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Kirkland, WA
Posts: 1,101
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by eR1c View Post
Wow you guys are running some tight diff's, I've found 75k on asphalt to be the best for me.. (I mix 50k and 100k. Too tight and my rear wants to swing out.
Haha same...running 30k here and she runs like a touring car.
rippen and eR1c like this.
Carnage9270 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 02:36 AM
  #893  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Commerce Twp. MI
Posts: 746
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

20-30K diff oil is what I found to be really good on black EOS carpet, anything higher then that does make the rear of the car lose
rippen is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 04:12 PM
  #894  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (10)
 
monkeyracing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 6,249
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by eR1c View Post
Wow you guys are running some tight diff's, I've found 75k on asphalt to be the best for me.. (I mix 50k and 100k. Too tight and my rear wants to swing out.
Weíve been running 1M to 2M on black carpet. It still allows a little diff action, without the potential spool related wobbles.

if the car is squirrelly on throttle, thereís a simple method I was taught that fixes it 90% of the time.

with you car on a level surface and settled down, lift the front of the car by the center of the bumper slowly. Look to see if one heel lifts up earlier than the other. If so, increase the preload (tighten up) the spring preload on the opposite corner at the rear, just a little. Repeat process for all four corners. It usually helps a car that pulls to one side or this other.
rippen and ebohon like this.
monkeyracing is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 04:35 PM
  #895  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
gigaplex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Posts: 2,662
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by monkeyracing View Post


Weíve been running 1M to 2M on black carpet. It still allows a little diff action, without the potential spool related wobbles.

if the car is squirrelly on throttle, thereís a simple method I was taught that fixes it 90% of the time.

with you car on a level surface and settled down, lift the front of the car by the center of the bumper slowly. Look to see if one heel lifts up earlier than the other. If so, increase the preload (tighten up) the spring preload on the opposite corner at the rear, just a little. Repeat process for all four corners. It usually helps a car that pulls to one side or this other.
Make sure your droop is symmetrical left to right before trying this trick
ebohon and dman18t like this.
gigaplex is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 10:34 PM
  #896  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 38
Default

Originally Posted by rippen View Post
20-30K diff oil is what I found to be really good on black EOS carpet, anything higher then that does make the rear of the car lose
what would cause the rear to loose traction if the front diff is to tight? I donít understand the cause and effect.
ebohon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 12:46 AM
  #897  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
gigaplex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Posts: 2,662
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ebohon View Post

what would cause the rear to loose traction if the front diff is to tight? I donít understand the cause and effect.
If the front diff is loose, it can diff out in the corners, reducing speed. A tighter diff can increase corner speed, which puts greater stress on the rear tyres.
rippen likes this.
gigaplex is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 07:38 AM
  #898  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 7
Default

hello,
thank's for the tire advise ! Mgrip Front /Sgrip rear work's fine on my asphalt track.
I start with the box set-up but after 2 test session, i change shock oil (450 all over), rear spring (hard TC tamiya spring/white), less rear TOE and 6į front suspension mount.
motor : trinity 21.5t monster with 24 pinion, 15į boost and turbo timing. But i will purchase a 17.5t, 21.5t have lot of torque but not so good end speed.
just a question, i never run a FWD, but front tire seems to die very quickly, after 8 session of 5 min....there are just slick now....is it normal ?
i buy some hard pit shimizu to test !
thank's !
rippen likes this.
albator42 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 08:12 AM
  #899  
Tech Rookie
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: CT
Posts: 13
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by albator42 View Post
hello,
thank's for the tire advise ! Mgrip Front /Sgrip rear work's fine on my asphalt track.
I start with the box set-up but after 2 test session, i change shock oil (450 all over), rear spring (hard TC tamiya spring/white), less rear TOE and 6į front suspension mount.
motor : trinity 21.5t monster with 24 pinion, 15į boost and turbo timing. But i will purchase a 17.5t, 21.5t have lot of torque but not so good end speed.
just a question, i never run a FWD, but front tire seems to die very quickly, after 8 session of 5 min....there are just slick now....is it normal ?
i buy some hard pit shimizu to test !
thank's !

Fast front tire wear is fairly normal on the front drive cars.
V8 Rumble is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 01:03 PM
  #900  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (3)
 
OSherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: o0O In the FishBowl O0o
Posts: 3,381
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Whats the status on the YeahRacing-M07 conversion?

WANT!!
OSherman is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service