Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya M-07 Concept >

Tamiya M-07 Concept

Like Tree507Likes

Tamiya M-07 Concept

Old 01-02-2019, 01:22 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by sosidge
From past experience the one-hole pistons are the only ones that come close to giving decent damping, and that is when combined with the clear Tamiya damper oil which is #900. There is a huge gap between the piston and the damper cylinder on those shocks.
Rebuilt the shocks. Kit 1-hole pistons, 500cst oil front and 450 cst rear. As you say, piston fit is not great!

Wonder if a better piston would be cost effective Vs 3 racing or yeah racing aluminium dampers?
Old 01-03-2019, 05:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

84436 M-07R Chassis Kit for 2019
Old 01-11-2019, 02:11 PM
Tech Adept

What am I missing in fitting the brushless motor? The motor tabs hit the chassis before it mates flush with the motor plate. I also tried a hobbywing motor with tabs on other side and they then hit the removable chassis brace piece?

Old 01-11-2019, 02:14 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Nerobro
Since TCS is coming to my home track, is anyone willing to share their black carpet setup for the M07?
You're fast enough, give us a chance . I just need to know how to fit the motor per my above issue.
Old 01-11-2019, 02:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Teamrule
What am I missing in fitting the brushless motor? The motor tabs hit the chassis before it mates flush with the motor plate. I also tried a hobbywing motor with tabs on other side and they then hit the removable chassis brace piece?

You're missing nothing. This is a design flaw. You've got two options. Shim the motor away from the motor plate until the motor tabs clears the chassis, or file down the chassis where it touches.
Old 01-11-2019, 02:35 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by gigaplex
You're missing nothing. This is a design flaw. You've got two options. Shim the motor away from the motor plate until the motor tabs clears the chassis, or file down the chassis where it touches.

Ok, I did not want to be in violation of TCS rules as my local is actually hosting one this year but not sure I have an option, shims are possible I suppose too, it's going to be a tight fit wiring wise. Seems odd TCS series would pick a motor that does not really fit the darn thing. Crazy. Or change the rules to Silver can and problem solved.
gigaplex likes this.
Old 01-11-2019, 02:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Teamrule
Ok, I did not want to be in violation of TCS rules as my local is actually hosting one this year but not sure I have an option, shims are possible I suppose too, it's going to be a tight fit wiring wise. Seems odd TCS series would pick a motor that does not really fit the darn thing. Crazy.
Not many brushless motors fit without modification.
Old 01-11-2019, 02:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I think Fred mentioned above that some of the Fixed timing 21.5 spec motors will have their motor solder tabs modified crime Reedy to fit correctly. He also said you can mod the tabs easily.
Old 01-11-2019, 02:58 PM
Tech Adept

New TCS rules call for Reedy 297 currently out of stock until February but the tabs are still in the wrong place to fit without modification. If you flipped the solder bullets around then you hit the brace, can't win either way. Eyeballing shaving the chassis area at top seems best route to me.

https://www.teamassociated.com/parts...ushless_motor/
Old 01-11-2019, 03:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I'm sure I had read it somewhere, but all I could find was Al mentioning at the Nats having the tabs removed. This was over on the TCS Racing thread. Sorry for the misinformation.

I hope they have the supply issue sorted before the regionals start.
Old 01-11-2019, 03:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Why is it extremely challenging to find any M sized bodies for this car? Did all the licensing run out for Tamiya, as it did with the Mini?

My M07 is on order with a bunch of parts for the build. Which I look forward too and more so if I can find a lexan shell from Tamiya.
Old 01-11-2019, 06:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

The fix...
DaSilva3525 likes this.
Old 01-11-2019, 06:53 PM
Tech Addict

Finally got around to finish up the details on my new M07. We don't race them locally but I enjoy ripping fast laps in Mini's during practice I decided to run the Esc on the passenger side.. I ran my M05 like that with great result. To follow up on the Motor tab problem, I was baffled at Tamiya when I first realized the flaw. Since I don't race TCS I cut and used a Dremel to make it happen. Turned out good just disappointing. Everything else on the kit makes me super happy! I still have some Alum ball studs and sway bar kit to be put on.

Since I had these TRF Big bore shocks on my retired TA06 I decided to steal them for this build. I added the carbon towers, alum out drives and will be starting at 100K in the diff for black carpet. I just need to add my rx and I will be reporting back after some testing

Old 01-11-2019, 06:59 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Measuredpath
Why is it extremely challenging to find any M sized bodies for this car? Did all the licensing run out for Tamiya, as it did with the Mini?

My M07 is on order with a bunch of parts for the build. Which I look forward too and more so if I can find a lexan shell from Tamiya.
There are a lot of current options actually, just lost some along the way sadly. I run the Miata for one of the better stock bodies and switch between the Swift for looks at a small sacrifice of higher cg. I prefer the 225mm wheel base personally.For 239mm I feel like they need a new lid release.
Old 01-11-2019, 07:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by DaSilva3525
There are a lot of current options actually, just lost some along the way sadly. I run the Miata for one of the better stock bodies and switch between the Swift for looks at a small sacrifice of higher cg. I prefer the 225mm wheel base personally.For 239mm I feel like they need a new lid release.
sure, lots of options. Nothing in stock. tqracing is all out, limited options on RCmart, eBay doesn’t have much. Not a Mazda fan and don’t want to settle for the CRX. Blitz bodies don’t interest me either.

please share what bodies are available
gigaplex likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.