Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree50Likes

2018 Xray X12 1/12

Hide Wikipost
Old 02-08-2018, 01:13 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: 2018 Xray X12 1/12
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: R Dodge
Welcome to the XRAY X12'18 Thread & Wikipost! Here you will find some useful info, tips and tricks as well as setups that are used by several team drivers. Many of us run the X12'18 on high bite carpet and with most US tracks going to the new black CRC carpet, most setups from here out will be developed for those high bite conditions.

Tips & Tricks:
The latest front-end builds up super nice, especially the US version. Since there are fewer molded parts, we are noticing the US front-end to be more symmetrical and consistent.

As with any 1/12 pan car, a smooth operating suspension is critical to performance. It is recommended to polish your kingpins & hinge pins using a dremel or a drill and some sort of polish (IE Gravity polish or Mothers Aluminum polish will work). If you find that your suspension has a bind, you may look at using a reamer or drillbit to make sure the holes are clear of any flashing or debris. Some reamer sizes to consider having are 3mm and 2mm for the kingpin and the upper hinge pin. Be careful not to remove too much material if you decide to ream your plastics.

When building your pod, it is advised to use any wrench w/ 3mm shafts to help build the pod perfectly square. See photo:

Option Parts to consider:
XRA372012 Composite Front Upper Arm Mount – Right – Graphite
XRA372022 Composite Front Upper Arm Mount – Left – Graphite

XRA372177 Spring 4.75 Coils 3.6x6x0.45mm, C=2.0 - Silver (Soft) (2)
XRA372178
Spring 4.05 Coils 3.6x6x0.45mm, C=2.5 - Black (Soft) (2)
XRA373586 Side Spring C=1.2 - Black (2)

XRA378094 Shock Spring C=2.1 – Black

Recent Setups:
Dodge Snowbirds (High Grip Carpet) Stock
Dodge Stock Wars (High Grip Carpet) Stock
Xavier US Indoor Champs (High Grip Carpet) Stock
Kuenning US Indoor Champs (High Grip Carpet) Mod
Hagberg AOC Yatabe (High Grip Carpet) Mod
Hagberg XRS Italy (High Grip Carpet) Mod
Xavier IIC (Medium-High Grip Carpet) Stock

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2017, 11:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wkloppen
Why sell it after just one raceday? Car no good? In need of money?

w.
i dont have time enough to run 3 classes . I thought it would be easy but i was wrong. I like touring car better. i rather sell it instead of sitting on shelf
Old 10-28-2017, 12:43 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by cpal
i dont have time enough to run 3 classes . I thought it would be easy but i was wrong. I like touring car better. i rather sell it instead of sitting on shelf
+1 Yep...I'm now running 2 classes which is already a hazzle if you wanna do ti right. Running the GT nitro's is the prime thing but I want to run in the winter as well hence the X12.

regards

w.
Old 10-29-2017, 04:54 PM
Tech Regular

i can see someone into TC, using jigs, set-up, heat to heat prep, and re-adjustments looking running a second onroad class at a deceptively simple in appearance 1/12th thinking of or getting one, then to find out that the 12th while not as complex as a TC, is more work than expected, than they are able to deal with time management wise on a race day/night

acquiring 12th car recently as another class besides 2wd 17.5 buggy, it was and still is a eye opener. the open layout and everything like right there on a flat plate when you don't own one or never owned one, made me think that is easy looking enough, just would have to work on driving. thought it would be like 20 minutes to put together,,,,wrong again. i was seriously surprized at the amount of parts, especially on front end
Old 10-29-2017, 05:03 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
It wraps around the battery so you could move it forward without it sliding out sideways. You would probably still want to put something behind it so that the battery didn't slid backwards in a hard hit. But you could move it as far forward as you want and it wont slide sideways.

EA
what foam bumper would i have to use with the extended nose piece. thinking it would tear thru my body on hits
Old 11-02-2017, 06:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I just picked up my US version, can't wait to drive it.
Old 11-13-2017, 03:16 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
It wraps around the battery so you could move it forward without it sliding out sideways. You would probably still want to put something behind it so that the battery didn't slid backwards in a hard hit. But you could move it as far forward as you want and it wont slide sideways.

EA
EA, Do you still have any of these battery brackets available? I would like one if you do... I didn’t see them on your website.. Let me know please. Thanks
Old 11-13-2017, 03:21 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Battery connector hitting side tube

Hey guys. Just finished assembling my car and the battery post is hitting on the side tube. The rear pod can’t flex forward when the battery is plugged in. What have you guys been using to shim the battery forward in a consistent spot? I don’t want to just tape the battery down because I run the risk of inconsistent handling each run.. I would prefer it to rest against something and then be taped down for consistency..
Old 11-13-2017, 07:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I will be running an aluminum chassis on a black carpet here is the U.S.

Is there a need to add a ground wire.

I heard that aluminum chassis running on black carpet will cause static electricity build up and blow up the ECS, true?
Old 11-13-2017, 07:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Darrylt3to4e
Hey guys. Just finished assembling my car and the battery post is hitting on the side tube. The rear pod can’t flex forward when the battery is plugged in. What have you guys been using to shim the battery forward in a consistent spot? I don’t want to just tape the battery down because I run the risk of inconsistent handling each run.. I would prefer it to rest against something and then be taped down for consistency..
I use some foam taped to the back side of the battery.
Darrylt3to4e likes this.
Old 11-13-2017, 08:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tekin112000
I will be running an aluminum chassis on a black carpet here is the U.S.

Is there a need to add a ground wire.

I heard that aluminum chassis running on black carpet will cause static electricity build up and blow up the ECS, true?
Static build up is not a function of the aluminum chassis, it is more a function of environmental conditions. We would get it bad even on the grey carpet when its cold and dry. FYI, anodized aluminum is electrically insulated. The anodizing process creates a non-conductive coating (oxidation) on the surface of the aluminum, a carbon chassis is much more conductive. Adding a ground wire cannot hurt, be sure to expose clean bare aluminum at the attachment point in order for it to be effective.
Old 11-13-2017, 08:19 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by SLOWINSLOWOUT
I use some foam taped to the back side of the battery.
I was thinking of cutting a couple small lengths of fuel tube and then slice them length wise and shoe-goo them over the edge of the upper graphite battery backstop.. Just wanted to see if anyone had any better ideas......
Old 11-13-2017, 12:27 PM
Tech Addict

I glued two 2mm shims to the battery backstop to get the clearance between the battery and side tubes.
Old 11-13-2017, 01:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SLOWINSLOWOUT
Static build up is not a function of the aluminum chassis, it is more a function of environmental conditions. We would get it bad even on the grey carpet when its cold and dry. FYI, anodized aluminum is electrically insulated. The anodizing process creates a non-conductive coating (oxidation) on the surface of the aluminum, a carbon chassis is much more conductive. Adding a ground wire cannot hurt, be sure to expose clean bare aluminum at the attachment point in order for it to be effective.
Thanks for your insight

I race near Baltimore MD US mostly damp mild short winters, we always have at least a little humidity
Old 11-13-2017, 04:56 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Darrylt3to4e
EA, Do you still have any of these battery brackets available? I would like one if you do... I didn’t see them on your website.. Let me know please. Thanks
I sold out of them. i have more on order.

Thanks
EA
Old 11-14-2017, 06:39 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Would anybody know where i can get item # XRA372320?
XRAY X1 Composite Arm Bushing (4) for the X12.
Everywhere is sold out i checked and 1 of mine is broke and wont hold the pivot ball anymore.
Any help would be appreciated, thanks
Mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.