Come on Tamiya...

Show us already

and here take my damn money
aracefan likes this.
Old 06-29-2017, 02:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OSherman
I'm going to guess a layout similar to current 4WD OffRoad buggies. Centralized Spur w/ motor mounted off front of the mount. Electronics in the rear. Possibly some new-fangled CenterGearbox to push motor (as well as Battery) as far to the center as possible. For grins, let's speculate a gearbox similar to that on the VBC Fwd car. (Which takes a page from the Tamiya M0# series of 'mini' cars but is more compact).. just because Tamiya likes to try things different..
Is it possible that the new tb will have an offset shaft and set of gear boxes. The old TA had an offset shaft. I can't imagine that it would be an improvement, but I'm not an engineer. The Christmas Eve tease looks like everything is offset.

Still waiting with baited breath.
Old 06-29-2017, 02:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

off-set shaft would work for either the front or the rear gearbox, but not both.. unless one (bot not both) of those gearboxes has an additional idler (oldschool Tamiya) to give the proper axle rotation at the wheels. assuming they would use current crown gear design.

that's the beauty of a central shaft, just flip the diff gear to the other side in the gearbox, no idler needed.
Old 06-29-2017, 04:34 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

off-set shaft would work for either the front or the rear gearbox, but not both.. unless one (bot not both) of those gearboxes has an additional idler (oldschool Tamiya) to give the proper axle rotation at the wheels. assuming they would use current crown gear design.

that's the beauty of a central shaft, just flip the diff gear to the other side in the gearbox, no idler needed.
Old 06-29-2017, 05:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It wouldn't be hard to make it work offset in the same direction at both ends. Instead of flipping the whole diff, just flip the ring gear, and have some offset built into the ring gear. Or just have separate diff geometry front and back, since most run a spool up front anyway.
Old 06-29-2017, 05:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

True..

just depends on how efficient you want it to be. It's more than just flipping gears.
Old 07-03-2017, 02:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

First colour pictures of the Evo 7 are on the Waigo Facebook page! (sorry in work can't post the link)
Old 07-03-2017, 02:39 AM
Tech Master

Thanks WagwanBumba
Originally Posted by WagwanBumba
First colour pictures of the Evo 7 are on the Waigo Facebook page! (sorry in work can't post the link)
Old 07-03-2017, 02:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

lol, defiantly a Exotek copy
OSherman likes this.
Old 07-03-2017, 02:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Some interesting take aways -
  • Car does look like drive chain is modeled after shaft driven 4-wheelers. Makes sense as it would make changing spur gear much easier. Inputs into the gearboxes are on CVDs - Plus!!
  • Mid/Front motored - more weight shifted forward!\
  • Alum/Metal gear boxes ... major plus!! And looks like there's lexan covers over the top.
  • One piece servo holder
  • Short shocks - joining the majority. I'll leave it to your personal preference on whether this is a good thing or not
  • Surprised there's no upper deck. I wonder what is really keeping the chassis together

The biggest thing I'm wondering now is seriously how is the thing going to stop bending/flexing front to back without an upper deck ...
And I still hope there's some metal crown/bevel gears in those gearboxes
Old 07-03-2017, 03:06 AM
Tech Master

Don't forget the ínverted posts for the steering assembly, like f.i. the SP-F1 below.
Wondering same thing on the stiffenes, seems to be alu/metal chassis, this could help.

Originally Posted by WagwanBumba
Some interesting take aways -
  • Car does look like drive chain is modeled after shaft driven 4-wheelers. Makes sense as it would make changing spur gear much easier. Inputs into the gearboxes are on CVDs - Plus!!
  • Mid/Front motored - more weight shifted forward!\
  • Alum/Metal gear boxes ... major plus!! And looks like there's lexan covers over the top.
  • One piece servo holder
  • Short shocks - joining the majority. I'll leave it to your personal preference on whether this is a good thing or not
  • Surprised there's no upper deck. I wonder what is really keeping the chassis together

The biggest thing I'm wondering now is seriously how is the thing going to stop bending/flexing front to back without an upper deck ...
And I still hope there's some metal crown/bevel gears in those gearboxes
Old 07-03-2017, 03:07 AM
Tech Elite

The Awesomatix A700 Evo II didn't run a upper deck.
Wasn't expecting a setup like this. Be interesting to see if there is a carbon chassis available.
Old 07-03-2017, 03:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Drift_Buggy
lol, defiantly a Exotek copy
I really don't think it is ...
Old 07-03-2017, 03:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Drift_Buggy
The Awesomatix A700 Evo II didn't run a upper deck.
Wasn't expecting a setup like this. Be interesting to see if there is a carbon chassis available.
No it didn't but it did have a center spline, similar to the 4X. Given the inverted steering posts, the height (or lack of) the spur gear, seems a bit difficult to imagine how a center spline would run all the way down the car.
Old 07-03-2017, 03:17 AM
Tech Elite

There is a small bit of blue next to servo and next to the esc. Maybe there is also a center spline on this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.