R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   2017 ROAR Electric Paved Nationals Dale, TX November 3rd-5th (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/990488-2017-roar-electric-paved-nationals-dale-tx-november-3rd-5th.html)

Osiris 75 08-23-2017 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by b20btec (Post 15010253)
No can do 4 days for me, even 2 days is a stretch. Me and a buddy should be able to squeeze Sat Sun in and skip friday's quals.

NM, a buddy of mine brought up seeding which is done on Thursday, I overlooked that.

You can still get in some practice and a couple qualifiers on Saturday. You'll just start in the lowest heat, but you can make a move.

Rick Hohwart 08-24-2017 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by Osiris 75 (Post 15010549)
You can still get in some practice and a couple qualifiers on Saturday. You'll just start in the lowest heat, but you can make a move.

And the lowest and highest heats may be the same thing depending on the class you are racing.:lol:

f1o7x9 08-24-2017 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart (Post 15009227)
I know the ROAR list is incomplete. Hebert and Caster are signed up and paid for in Mod Touring but are not currently ROAR members. They should be on the unverified list but are not. We can only hope there are 40 more guys like them that we are not seeing.

ROAR needs to do a better hob promoting their events. I am sure it is easy for them to look at 1/8 and 1/10 off-road and know that they have to do nothing to max out entries. ROAR seems to be fulfilling and obligation rather than trying to fill the field when it comes to on-road.

They can start with lowering entry fees so that they are in line with other on-road events. And promote the competitors on social media. The fact that Ryan Maifield is signed up is newsworthy but you would never know he was coming.

Regarding the Reedy Race Invitational class, we have pretty much settled on inviting the top 5 in Mod TC from the ROAR Nats so that is a target to shoot for.

But even with a low turnout the best racers are attending so the competition should be good.

Maybe make the race 4 days again instead of 5 days. Why do we need 5 days for roar Nats. I know 4 people are not going for that same reason to many days to take of work.

b20btec 08-24-2017 09:00 AM

Soap and Chris J. will be there Sat and Sun

Osiris 75 08-24-2017 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by b20btec (Post 15011442)
Soap and Chris J. will be there Sat and Sun

We are close to 80 entries now, and temps at 90 degrees for next week. So, turning out to be ok so far!!

thisguy2849 08-24-2017 02:09 PM

Looking forward to it. It's gonna be a busy few days. Can anybody possibly pick me up at the pilot in Buda Wednesday morning to go for practice?

b20btec 08-24-2017 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Osiris 75 (Post 15011608)
We are close to 80 entries now, and temps at 90 degrees for next week. So, turning out to be ok so far!!

Signed up, will probably add another class.

Rick Hohwart 08-25-2017 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by f1o7x9 (Post 15011423)
Maybe make the race 4 days again instead of 5 days. Why do we need 5 days for roar Nats. I know 4 people are not going for that same reason to many days to take of work.

That would be a good start. You could adjust the entry limit if necessary.

number_0 08-25-2017 07:20 AM

I hate to bring this up but as having a degree in meteorology I feel I nees to. What are the plans for either a shortened event or if there are damages to the track?

EAMotorsports 08-25-2017 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by f1o7x9 (Post 15011423)

ROARTried to shorten this event a little over a month ago but it was met with a lot of resistance so it was left as is.

pgaert 08-25-2017 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports (Post 15012304)
ROARTried to shorten this event a little over a month ago but it was met with a lot of resistance so it was left as is.

If they did it's news to me. ROAR did ask me (track owner, by the way) about cutting a day, about two weeks ago... but that inquiry was based on the mistaken impression that we were not having a track practice day prior to the four day event. As we are and people have planned around it, [edit for accuracy] I replied that I "would be against a schedule change at this time."

Going forward, since this event seems to have relatively low attendance a shorter schedule makes all the sense in the world. An optional practice day plus three official days would make it a lot easier for folks to attend. As would a more reasonable price tag.

Weather

The current forecast calls for 40-60 mph winds all day Saturday, and 35-50 on Sunday. That's a pretty strong blow, for sure, and we haven't seen anything that high in the year the track has been open. The pit building is a total unknown... we're going to run some rope support this evening. The roof over the driver's stand is the only other real question mark. There aren't dead trees or large limbs in the area. With trees all the way around the track vicinity, we'll get a bit of protection. All in all, I believe we'll be fine for the race. Not worried about the water. The ground is very sandy, so the facility in general can take a good bit of wet without impeding our ability to get down to business.

thisguy2849 08-26-2017 06:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sad news but better for the area to recover from the storm

pgaert 08-28-2017 06:08 AM

Sorry about the delay to the race, but this storm is just whippin us. We've had over 16" at the track so far, and there are so many low water crossings closed that I couldn't get there yesterday or today. 60mph gusting winds took down the covered pit building, and the frame is trash... we'll use pieces from the cover and wood substructures to build them anew.

Will announce a new date when ROAR has made a decision on it.

Marcos.J 08-28-2017 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by pgaert (Post 15014492)
Sorry about the delay to the race, but this storm is just whippin us. We've had something like 10" at the track so far, and there are so many low water crossings closed that I couldn't get there yesterday or today. 60mph gusting winds took down the covered pit building, and the frame is trash... we'll use pieces from the cover and wood substructures to build them anew.

Will announce a new date when ROAR has made a decision on it.

Sorry to hear , just hope everyone is safe, Let me know when you get the new dates and will put this race back on top/.

pgaert 08-28-2017 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by Marcos.J (Post 15014497)
Sorry to hear , just hope everyone is safe, Let me know when you get the new dates and will put this race back on top/.

Thanks Marcus... I don't seem to be able to get a change to the thread title text to happen, or at least display. Can you change thread title to "DATE TBA" or something instead of the Aug-Sept date?