R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-23-2006, 08:36 AM   #1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Open letter to Mario Hudy

Dear Mr. Mario Hudy
The T2 is a complete work of art from standpoint of adjustability; it seems to be very durable car and extremely easy to drive once I gotten the feel of the car J. The engineering side of the house should be very proud of the T2; it’s defiantly an upgrade over the 05 model. Now to the negative side of my letter. This is my opinion and my opinion alone. The part support for T2 is very poor. With the Snowbird race coming up soon there were a lot of warm-up races thought out the U.S. this past weekend, people either had to have a second kit on hand for parts or hope that the LHS would open up a kit and sell parts. Down in Virginia they had to glue their A-arms back together and use the buddy system, i.e. giving the next man part off their working car hope that they don’t break it. I just don’t see how you can release a car with no support for that goes beyond a 2 week after it came out. I understand that you release your car base on where you’re from” Trencin, Slovakia” and at the same time the U.S. market is not the big part of the picture, but we’re still part of the picture. The release of the car 2/3’s of way into carpet season makes it not worth getting. With a new car coming out in 07, I really hope that this was a isolated problem in 06 ” parts support” or you may have a smaller following of U.S. racers in 07.

Consumer
Starling Gibson
dawgmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 08:43 AM   #2
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgmeat
Dear Mr. Mario Hudy
The T2 is a complete work of art from standpoint of adjustability; it seems to be very durable car and extremely easy to drive once I gotten the feel of the car J. The engineering side of the house should be very proud of the T2; it’s defiantly an upgrade over the 05 model. Now to the negative side of my letter. This is my opinion and my opinion alone. The part support for T2 is very poor. With the Snowbird race coming up soon there were a lot of warm-up races thought out the U.S. this past weekend, people either had to have a second kit on hand for parts or hope that the LHS would open up a kit and sell parts. Down in Virginia they had to glue their A-arms back together and use the buddy system, i.e. giving the next man part off their working car hope that they don’t break it. I just don’t see how you can release a car with no support for that goes beyond a 2 week after it came out. I understand that you release your car base on where you’re from” Trencin, Slovakia” and at the same time the U.S. market is not the big part of the picture, but we’re still part of the picture. The release of the car 2/3’s of way into carpet season makes it not worth getting. With a new car coming out in 07, I really hope that this was a isolated problem in 06 ” parts support” or you may have a smaller following of U.S. racers in 07.

Consumer
Starling Gibson
Have you already sent this via email to [email protected] ?
Un-sponsored Shoutout: NexusRacing.com
*** 301 Raceway is my home away from Home ***
teamgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 08:44 AM   #3
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamgp
Have you already sent this via email to [email protected] ?
No but I will now
Old 01-23-2006, 08:55 AM   #4
Tech Elite

I think the dissapointing part for me was that initally, it was posted on the teamxray site that limited parts had shipped from Slovakia to the US with the first kit shipment.

So RCAmerica must have held on to them all for the team.

Maybe this letter should be addressed to them.
BritRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 09:02 AM   #5
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TeamButter

In reply to your post about RC America having kept the parts for the team, you are mistaken. As a matter of fact there were several Team Drivers that did not even get their kits yet. You can't please all the people all the time. If they take too long in releasing the car, it's a problem. If they do it before full parts suport is available it's a problem. So, no matter what Xray does it will undoubtedley make some people upset. Unfortunately you were in that group...A temporary short supply of parts is a small price to pay to get your hands on the best touring car on the market!

Michael Abraira
Old 01-23-2006, 09:23 AM   #6
Tech Master

I totally agree with TeamButter on here. You can't force a manufacturer to release a car way before it was supposed to and expect them to have a full supply of spares for them. Would you rather have waited untill its originally scheduled release (which was somewhere around february/march) ? If so then do not complain to X-Ray but to people who pushed them to release their car without full spares support. That's right, people from the forums are responsible for the actual situation. If you're not happy with the way it is, why didn't you just wait to buy your kit, X-Ray always said the parts support would be very poor at the beginning.
TRF415boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 09:23 AM   #7
Tech Elite

I know lower level team drivers didnt get kits, I was just referring to parts.

I remembered seeing on the xray forum that 'limited' parts would be shipping with the first shipment from Slovakia.

Can't find the post, so maybe I was mistaken, very very unlikely, but possible.

As for being *pushed* into releasing it...this is business, not a schoolyard.

They made the desicsions, and need to stand by them and the repercussions of said actions.

As you say, either way, people would bitch and moan, so they have to listen to the bitching as a result of their choices.

I feel xray has done themselves more harm than good in releasing early.

They had huge anticipation and demand for this product. That initial elation has been replaced with fustration and anger about the lack of spares.

If they had released to market slightly later, with full retail support, I think they would be in a stronger position.

I think from reading the several threads devoted to this car there are some unhappy campers, probably not enough to hurt them, but it seems xray is getting a reputation for bad spares availability, from the trouble over the past year getting cerain FK05 parts or the T2 issue.

Now whether this is true or not, is irrelevant. The damage is done.

Last edited by BritRacer; 01-23-2006 at 10:05 AM.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:33 AM   #8
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritRacer
I know lower level team drivers didnt get kits, I was just referring to parts.

I remembered seeing on the xray forum that 'limited' parts would be shipping with the first shipment from Slovakia.

Can't find the post, so maybe I was mistaken, unlikely, but possible.
I know of 4 full drivers that BOUGHT their kits from hobbyshops...So you are off base a little with your first sentence.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 09:38 AM   #9
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRF415boy
I totally agree with TeamButter on here. You can't force a manufacturer to release a car way before it was supposed to and expect them to have a full supply of spares for them. Would you rather have waited untill its originally scheduled release (which was somewhere around february/march) ? If so then do not complain to X-Ray but to people who pushed them to release their car without full spares support. That's right, people from the forums are responsible for the actual situation. If you're not happy with the way it is, why didn't you just wait to buy your kit, X-Ray always said the parts support would be very poor at the beginning.
I stand by my comment, car release date is not really a big deal, but parts surpport is what way on the down side.

You broke the rule, now I pull out all your pubic hair.
OOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY
Old 01-23-2006, 09:49 AM   #10
Tech Adept

Everyone just calm down
We all new that parts support would be poor. We should have just waited to get the car. Especially those of you that sold your only car to buy this one. luckily I still have one of my 05's. relax parts will be coming.
Andy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 09:59 AM   #11
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (99%+)

the way I see it is... EVERYONE that knew about the car also knew that parts would be in limited supply! If you didn't then you are one of the ones that didn't read any of the post in the T2 thread....

If you sold your other car for this one then you can only be mad at YOURSELF, if you ran your new car and YOU broke it again be mad at YOURSELF!

I have the T2 but was smart enough to not sell the 05 until I know I CAN GET PARTS FOR THE T2! I want to run it so bad but have been able to WIN and run VERY well with the 05 that it really isn't hurting my feelings to have the T2 sitting here until parts are in.

I saw a guy this past weekend run the T2 and it made me want to pull mine out and run it, until I saw how careful he was running so not to break it....

It comes down to this.... Everyone wanted the CAR before the Snowbirds, So X-ray got you the CAR! Now what you did with it was up to YOU! IF you chose to run it knowing YOU HAD NO PARTS then that is YOUR FAULT!

Stop bashing these companies for making the hobby BETTER FOR ALL OF US!

You could have been in the same boat with the LOSI guys.....2 weeks, 2 weeks and again 2 weeks. THEN when the car came out they HAD NO PARTS EITHER!
Old 01-23-2006, 10:11 AM   #12
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by imprsme
the way I see it is... EVERYONE that knew about the car also knew that parts would be in limited supply! If you didn't then you are one of the ones that didn't read any of the post in the T2 thread....

If you sold your other car for this one then you can only be mad at YOURSELF, if you ran your new car and YOU broke it again be mad at YOURSELF!

I have the T2 but was smart enough to not sell the 05 until I know I CAN GET PARTS FOR THE T2! I want to run it so bad but have been able to WIN and run VERY well with the 05 that it really isn't hurting my feelings to have the T2 sitting here until parts are in.

I saw a guy this past weekend run the T2 and it made me want to pull mine out and run it, until I saw how careful he was running so not to break it....

It comes down to this.... Everyone wanted the CAR before the Snowbirds, So X-ray got you the CAR! Now what you did with it was up to YOU! IF you chose to run it knowing YOU HAD NO PARTS then that is YOUR FAULT!

You could have been in the same boat with the LOSI guys.....2 weeks, 2 weeks and again 2 weeks. THEN when the car came out they HAD NO PARTS EITHER!
I thought my post was tactful and respectful, oh well
Old 01-23-2006, 10:12 AM   #13
Tech Adept

And 2 weeks after the losi came out the team had a new prototype
Andy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 10:13 AM   #14
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
I know of 4 full drivers that BOUGHT their kits from hobbyshops...So you are off base a little with your first sentence.

EA
But who werent going to the novak race, right.

Either way, I am just bringing some perspective to this.

TO sum up in my opinion.

Awesome car,

and;

people ARE mad that spares are not available.

You can argue, mitigate, make fun, do whatever.

The conslusion is the same.
Old 01-23-2006, 10:14 AM   #15
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy C
And 2 weeks after the losi came out the team had a new prototype
]

And at the first US carpet race, some xray drivers were running solid top decks, so your point is?