R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-23-2006, 10:52 PM   #46
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)

I'm not sure why so many would sell their hopped-up '05's so quickly for the T2, other than that they realize that for everyday they hold onto them they decrease another "X" amount of dollars. NO dissing but as fast as the new (xray) cars come out I imagine that pretty soon you wont be able to get more that 120-135 bux for a '05 with crazy money invested in upgrades. I think Schumacher-Corally-Losi have planned out apropriate schedules' for car release dates (but hey maybe I'll get myself an fk05 when they become dirt cheap, no bs I think they are slick cars, its not about flavor of the month for me ). Were those free foams a peace offering? A nice gesture at least I'd have to say...but the first T1 came with hudy tools, now thats no gimmick.

Powered by Hotwings, Rolling Rock, and the urge to race toy cars...
nf_ekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 11:15 PM   #47
Tech Rookie

Well, being new to these forums, yet not surprised at the responses here...It still appears that most people want to blame the ones complaining, which simply isn't the case. The only people who can produce parts is XRAY, so not having parts is frankly XRAY's fault. XRAY, together with RC America, promise a 99% fill rate on orders. Please, hobby shops, chime in with your 99% filled orders...I know our local shops don't have it!

I broke my car on my own, during a TQ run...it was my fault. I don't dare go to the Snowbirds (3 weeks away) if I can't get parts. This isn't a shot at XRAY, but I also seriously doubt they will be selling T2 parts at that race, because contrary to what I've personally been told by RC America, the team drivers DO have parts before consumers. Part of that is given to development and research and completely understandable, but part of it is given to those who know what Mr. Drake did at the last Kyosho 1/8 Manufacturer's race in 2005. Has parts....won't sell...gives parts to friends....sponsors driver (not me) with SPARE truck. It's not an argument about the ethics or anything of the sort....XRAY promised 99% fill rate and it simply isn't there. I'm not sure how Europeans see that, but it doesn't sit well with me.

That said, I'm a DEVOTED XRAY owner and will most likely never change. I praise their RACING products every day, even if I also have negative comments. I love their products, except the toys they release because, as everyone knows, the 1/18 Nitro Sedan market is HUGE HUGE HUGE. A 1/10 electric buggy or truck, or better yet a 1/10 Gas Truck would have been better.

Letters to XRAY have failed to invoke a response for me, so you might be wasting your pen or toner.
SuperXRAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 11:20 PM   #48
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Even in the real car world cars are released before the replacement parts are offerd. There should be no blame placed on Xray. Plus they didnt tell you to run the car into the wall. If you dont have backup dont use the primary car. Commen sense is so overated!
Old 01-23-2006, 11:34 PM   #49
Tech Rookie

Well, I believe (<--see, it's my opinion, so don't get mad!) you're generally wrong, speedxl. You can't relate the cars we drive to what we race as hobbies here. You can relate RACE cars to the cars we race as hobbies, however. There are very few race cars in the competitive real race car world that don't have spares for EVERYTHING. Porsche and Cadillac arrived at last years Leman's race with 2 and 3 cars respectively, and Corvette with 2 plus 'other' things (?). So, if you're saying in regards to relating the Traxxas 4-Tec to our normal cars, then I'll buy what you say...but we are racing in a competitive area.

I'll harp on this...maybe if the 1/18 NS market was smaller, the CNC machines could devote more time to T2 parts.
Old 01-23-2006, 11:40 PM   #50
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

over here in the uk
The LHS has the parts & no cars
shop ordered 6 units way before they were released , rep came round `have you seen the new T2` he asked
wow have some of that , you be 1 of the first shop`s to have them in the UK said the rep from mirage interprises

apparently mirages excuse;; is that this shop is still waiting for the cars !!
there were only enough for sponsered drivers only

shop still wating , got all the spares though (silly arse`s)

i think mirage pick & chose who they supply , shop`s that are close get good support
rest of them & can go & hatch

And of course shop might well send spares back & tell mirage to stuff it , for giving them the merry go round

oh to be a LHS owner
MR JOLLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 11:50 PM   #51
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

[QUOTE=SuperXRAY] XRAY, together with RC America, promise a 99% fill rate on orders.QUOTE]

what I read and understood is exactly the opposite of what you are posting, xray said from the start that the car would be released before any spare parts were available, and that a few weeks later a second shipment of cars, and "some" replacment parts would be shipped, and Im guessing that is exactly what will happen, everyone, including you, should have known there wouldnt be any spares from the start......
Mdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 11:55 PM   #52
Tech Fanatic

I'd just like to give some credit to the Australain Distributor of XRAY, Custom Model Cars (CMC). They also have a shop front and are a retail outlet direct to the public. Australia is such a small market relative to Asia and the USA and we were amongst the first countries in the world to receive our T2 kits. They also received a fair amount of important parts like arms, castor blocks, etc, and im one of the luck ones who has spares. A lot of other parts, they dont have, and thats due to the slow production line at the factory..

I've had my kit for around 3 and a half to 4 weeks now, and could not be happier! This car is a weapon and people are taking it for granted!

NJ
Rody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 12:05 AM   #53
Tech Elite

Parts due out in.........................................

2 WEEKS !!!!!!!!

Sorry guys but thats for my Losi brothers!
(inside joke--if you don't get it then your not cool)

Brant
Morale Officer
B-Main Motorsports

My Carbon Footprint is Larger than Yours! :p
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 12:12 AM   #54
Tech Rookie

Mdoc, can you read? I didn't say they promised a 99% fill rate on T2 parts. They promise a 99% fill rate, period. You can make excuses all you want...I know if my business promised onsite service in 15 minutes and I didn't get to a client in 15 minutes, they either won't pay or they'll take me to court. It's how business works...business promises and business delivers, if they don't, they go out of business.

Be aware this doesn't hold true for FDIC banks and Auto dealerships. They evidently have the federal right to do anything they want!
Old 01-24-2006, 12:19 AM   #55
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperXRAY
Mdoc, can you read? I didn't say they promised a 99% fill rate on T2 parts. They promise a 99% fill rate, period. You can make excuses all you want...I know if my business promised onsite service in 15 minutes and I didn't get to a client in 15 minutes, they either won't pay or they'll take me to court. It's how business works...business promises and business delivers, if they don't, they go out of business.

Be aware this doesn't hold true for FDIC banks and Auto dealerships. They evidently have the federal right to do anything they want!
spin your words any way you want....you knew there wernt gonna be any spare parts this soon, now you just wanna cry and pout like a spoiled kid thats not getting his way, so just go to your corner until you learn how to be a big boy.....
Mdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 12:27 AM   #56
Tech Rookie

Spin my words? Whatever, dude...wasn't my words that made the claim. I'm not crying either, just posting with the same right you have. You can get belligerent if you want, but it won't raise my hackles. People can either agree or disagree...it's good you disagree because different folks make the world go 'round.
Old 01-24-2006, 01:07 AM   #57
Shop Owner

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to nnick Send a message via MSN to nnick Send a message via Yahoo to nnick Send a message via Skype™ to nnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRF415boy
I totally agree with TeamButter on here. You can't force a manufacturer to release a car way before it was supposed to and expect them to have a full supply of spares for them. Would you rather have waited untill its originally scheduled release (which was somewhere around february/march) ? If so then do not complain to X-Ray but to people who pushed them to release their car without full spares support. That's right, people from the forums are responsible for the actual situation. If you're not happy with the way it is, why didn't you just wait to buy your kit, X-Ray always said the parts support would be very poor at the beginning.
This is exactly what happened. Through years, Xray releases kit late February early March, due to the britch of security that happened they were forced to release it almost 2 months earlier!! You can't expect them to give full support!!

Nick

The #1 source for all your electric needs www.rcring.eu

Enjoy RCing....
R/C Tech #82
IRT #123

Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong

Team Xray T4'17, Team Xray X10'18, TOP Racing Rebel
nnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 03:14 AM   #58
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to ooliganRC

be nice for xray to stop bringing out a new car every year......yes they evolve the car every year.......

but be nice for someones bank balance to stop and make it every other year...

schumacher used to produce a new car every year, but it was pointless....
now they seem to bring a new one every 2 years and schmacher are now getting some nice results.....with only a few drivers..

Xray can boast a lot of good results, but when they seem to have a majority of the market its easy to get results.

tc4 hurt associated until the FT turned up but TC3 was awesome for 5 years, LOsi took 2/3 years from xxx-s to jrxs, corally well less said about assasin the better, but rdx is cool...

but then its preference really all the cars look the damn same now anyway, so who stole whose design LOL

"You aint going fast enough, if you aint Full Throttle"
Currently slow due to : Bad thumbs and no motors :P
ooliganRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 04:34 AM   #59
Tech Elite

just do what i am doing, and don't race until the battery brace, motor guar, and sway bars comes out.

in the meantime i'm making my T2 "special"
VenomWorldOrder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 09:49 AM   #60
Tech Elite

OK, first, all FULL xray drivers got kits. If you had to buy one from a LHS, you are not on a full ride.

Second, do you really think EVERY OTHER region got spares with the first shipment other than the US???

They just decided to stiff the US on spares, or are they all happily sitting in RCAmerica, Dallas, where they have been for the past 3 weeks??

For those who read the team xray T2 forum from the beginning you will remember that it was OFFICIALLY posted that there would be enough spares to cover those who bought kits with the first batch.

I cannot seem to find this post, but there are references to it.
BritRacer is offline   Reply With Quote