R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-23-2006, 11:59 AM   #31
Tech Elite

You can't seriously think that they released it early because of internet forums.

For any company to rethink their release dates and jack their schedules because of high anticipation, is crazy.

If they did, they are crazy, and should not really be surprised by the reaction they are getting now.
BritRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 12:14 PM   #32
Tech Adept

What most of us must understand...The T2 is a high end race car not really designed to run into things.
With that said...is there problems with the car....maybe...Give XRay a chance.I'm confident Xray will fix what needs to be fixed.Please just be patient.
After we heard about the car in Cleveland,WE WANTED THE CAR NOW!!! This isn't Xray's fault!!
They also did tell us that parts support would be slow at first...again not Xray's fault.We were warned!!
Remember...this is a TOTALLY new car,the T1 had almost three years of refinement under it's belt,the result ,one of the best TC on the market(05).
I have no doubt,in the long run the T2 will be even better!!!
Twin-Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 12:14 PM   #33
Tech Master

I agree they shouldn't have, but look at the evidence : they had to put together a presentation on their webby after the pictures were showed (pictures that were indeed off their own website, intentional leak or real mistake we'll never know). The presentation wasn't even complete at first and had to be updated a few times, if this isn't being in a hurry i don't know what is. And it's not like X-Ray to release a car without decent parts support, you know what I think about the reasons why I'm not gonna repeat. I'm not bothered anyway i don't have and don't plan of getting an X-Ray, but it strikes me to see the reaction of people, it's impossible to make everyone happy in this world, you just have to be patient and live with it !
TRF415boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 05:56 PM   #34
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST
You forgot to add Schumacher in there. Parts were in the same time as the car!!!
also the cyclone in the same boat so we here u crying the guy who started the post
Old 01-23-2006, 06:00 PM   #35
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

I think every manufacturer is in the same boat. Make a new car and for a little while parts are hard to find as guys are really stocking up when they can. It will take a little time to get everything caught up. It is like that with almost every new car coming out. Shops can't keep up any easier to. They get parts and within 6 months another new car so it is a vicious game of supply and demand.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 06:10 PM   #36
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Choose one of the world problems which does not belong:

A) Nuclear proliferation
B) Worldwide famine
C) Bird Flu Pandemic
D) Iranian nukes
E) Lack of T2 Parts support
F) Islamic Jihadd
G) Gang Crime
H) Inflation of currency

-Me
Soviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 06:28 PM   #37
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet

A) Nuclear proliferation
B) Worldwide famine
C) Bird Flu Pandemic
D) Iranian nukes
F) Islamic Jihadd
G) Gang Crime
H) Inflation of currency

How many guesses do I get?
FIR#2 - "You can't buy this much talent"
Durango Dex410 - Schumacher Cougar SV - Top Photon
bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 06:54 PM   #38
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to brians11

Quote:

A) Nuclear proliferation
B) Worldwide famine
C) Bird Flu Pandemic
D) Iranian nukes
F) Islamic Jihadd
G) Gang Crime
H) Inflation of currency

H, inflation of currency really needs to stop.... that or i need to get a bigger raise each year
Old 01-23-2006, 07:16 PM   #39
Tech Master

[

Last edited by outlandr91; 01-23-2006 at 07:52 PM.
outlandr91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 07:35 PM   #40
Suspended

Thank you for the letter. I like letters. I also like Oreo's and Milk and a good Spy Novel but I digress. You see I have a stock pile of spare T2 parts here in my office but if I were to release them it would stiffle my two part plan. What is my two part plan you ask? The first part of my two part plan is to have the stock price of the glue factory I invested in increase due to the people who are forced to glue their parts back together (I see that is working nicely in Virginia). The second part of my plan is to show the people on the internet that I listen to them and only them by officially opening the floodgates of T2 parts once this thread grows to 27 pages in length. Why 27 pages you ask? I have always been fond of the number 27 as it marries two lesser numbers Mr. 2 and Mrs. 7. 27 is also the number of different 1/10 electric touring cars we plan on releasing between now and 2010. Do not worry I plan on hanging onto a stock pile of parts for those vehicles too. Thank you for the letter.

Signed

Mario Hudy
obviously not
MarioHudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 07:39 PM   #41
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

runnin rc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 09:17 PM   #42
Tech Regular

Okay... that was funny
Bob Nilsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 09:25 PM   #43
Tech Elite

Quote:

A) Nuclear proliferation
B) Worldwide famine
C) Bird Flu Pandemic
D) Iranian nukes
F) Islamic Jihadd
G) Gang Crime
H) Inflation of currency

D - they dont have nukes.

& H) this is only a US problem, the rest of the world gets US sold RC stuff cheaper as the dollar is so weak
BritRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 10:03 PM   #44
Tech Addict

i too have an fk05, and i too am waiting for parts before upgrading. with that said...

opinions are like feelings, they are never wrong though they may be based on facts that are not correct. i am amazed at previous comments about how accepting people are of the parts shortages. to paraphrase 'you knew they wouldn't be here, it's your fault', or 'what would you expect from xray', i think that says alot (in a bad way) about xrays parts availability. it also makes me wonder how much bigger they could be if that was not the case. i mean what is probably the most common thing you hear when recommending a novice a car...parts support.

regarding the forcing the car out before the snowbirds, i apparently give xray a bit more credit than most. i tend to think they know when the snowbirds are going to be, they also probably have a good idea of when the carpet season starts in north america, and having designed a dozen+ vehicles before hand, they probably even have a decent idea how long it takes to prototype and do a first run of parts for the car and ship through customs. i believe in the end it just comes down to you have to release the initial shipment at some point. do you hold off another few weeks to make a bigger shipment or get it out there and start drawing revenue.

in a couple of models i would not be suprised if we saw the car released before xmas, towards november.
gee-dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 10:33 PM   #45
Tech Initiate

I also have a broken T2. It was easy to break, I smashed it off some boards for about 10 minuets. I was the only car on the track so I'm pretty sure it was My fault.
With that out of the way, has anybody given a bit of thought that the r/c car industry is not the most lucrative business out there? Do you think there is a chance that they may have to get some Money back so They can pay some bills? If you could only do one at a time which do you think would be a better move, send the parts first and then the kit's? I'm not a fricken rocket scientist but I would send the kits first, and the parts as soon as I could.
Just a thought..............
Biff Malibu is offline   Reply With Quote