Rubber Tires 79 38.92%
Foam Tires 124 61.08%
Voters: 203. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree297Likes

Old 07-02-2017, 12:02 AM   #121
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM MAR View Post
I just put on a new set of rubber tires on my WGTR 2 weeks ago. The car was fast up front but dropped off after a few laps with the old ones. The drop off started 2 weeks before that. The new tires fixed the problem.The old tires were from Jan. 2016. I missed 4 weekends. All carpet. I would like to try the 12th version. Being retired, the cost savings makes it possible to race weekly.
The tires do last.
( I would still run my foam 12th though)
Tom
You will see rubber tires this season for 1/12. I don't like it, but you will.

Steve Dunn
sdunnmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 08:56 PM   #122
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdunnmcp View Post
You will see rubber tires this season for 1/12. I don't like it, but you will.

Steve Dunn
Last post July 2017. Itís December, is there any new info on 1/12 rubber? Iím all for it.
MontanaMaxx likes this.
danthrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 09:06 PM   #123
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (98%+)

No thanks!!! Last time I ran anything near that was 6 cell 1:12 Oval on staggered capped tires from Kent Clausen. They ran well on smooth Concrete, but thats it.

Look at WGT-R, running rubber did nothing for the class, if anything now its like a WGT car with F1 tires ����.

keep it as its been!!! Been truing Foams since the 80's and its part of how I grew up racing, doing rollout etc....
phatboislim likes this.
Old 12-03-2017, 09:22 PM   #124
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

TC is trying foam while 12th scale is considering rubber..i swear to God I don't know what's going on in 2017 anymore
Serzoni, RussF, 1/8 IC Fan and 2 others like this.
Old 12-03-2017, 11:34 PM   #125
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Screw rubber 1/12 and rubber TC.

Foam FTMFW.

Already gotta run the boring yawn 17.5 spec motor crap cause no one wants to grow a pair and learn how to use both sides of the throttle trigger. And actually think farther ahead then 1 foot in front of your car.

Letís weigh down already slow 1s 1/12 scale with Fín rubber bs.

Iím gonna stab my eyes out.

The world is a large capital V.
miller tyme and LETSDRIVE!! like this.
Old 12-03-2017, 11:45 PM   #126
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Racermac I know what’s wrong. Somewhere along the way people
stopped killing the good idea fairy. And now you have... FUBAR.
danthrc and miller tyme like this.
Old 12-04-2017, 04:57 AM   #127
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just a side note. At the Cleveland Indoor Champs there were 40 WGT-R cars and 60 F1 cars. Those are the highest car counts for those classes at that race. The 40 WGT-R entries exceeds any Indoor champs WGT car count. WGT-R has seen a steady car count increase over the last 3 years. It in my mind is where racers should start. Slower car that is simple then step up as you learn to drive. I am one that is older and I used it as a step down (another way to go).
But don't change 1/12 scale.
Old 12-04-2017, 10:24 AM   #128
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Leave 12th scale alone, its one of the oldest classes in racing. There are enough slower rubber tire classes to run already. If you want to rub rubber choose those. If your pushing for rubber because you think all of a sudden you're gonna be an A main winner guess what, you're not. Leave 12th scale alone.

We have raced 12 scale in Florida since the late 70,s and I know California for sure. Even with the junk foam back in the Green and yellow compounds from back in the day, we had no problem hooking up. At times traction would come up and you traction rolled. yes on asphalt.. So there is no excuse to not run foam 12th scale outside, in fact Seattle races out door on asphalt in the spring and summer with no problems. Old faith full Pinks and Purples or magenta's work great. Open mod by the way. ... Peace.

Last edited by speedxl; 12-04-2017 at 10:36 AM.
speedxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 11:37 AM   #129
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Any update on the actual production of either prototype or purchase available 12th scale rubber?

There are two opinions which I respect. YES and NO. Mine happens to be YES so any update would be appreciated.
danthrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 02:17 PM   #130
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by danthrc View Post
Any update on the actual production of either prototype or purchase available 12th scale rubber?

There are two opinions which I respect. YES and NO. Mine happens to be YES so any update would be appreciated.
It's not going to happen, at least this season. I have pushed my development of this until ?. The fact that TC and other classes may go back to foam may stop the tide of everyone wanting every class to run rubber.

In my opinion rubber for 1/12 will kill the class and possible really hurt the hobby worse than it already is.

Let's leave 1/12 alone and if you want rubber run the other entry classes, 1/12 is not an entry class.
Steve Dunn
Pro One Tires
sdunnmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 02:24 PM   #131
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdunnmcp View Post
It's not going to happen, at least this season. I have pushed my development of this until ?. The fact that TC and other classes may go back to foam may stop the tide of everyone wanting every class to run rubber.

In my opinion rubber for 1/12 will kill the class and possible really hurt the hobby worse than it already is.

Let's leave 1/12 alone and if you want rubber run the other entry classes, 1/12 is not an entry class.
Steve Dunn
Pro One Tires
I agree with Steve on this. I race both World-GTR and 12th scale, and enjoy them both. Leave the 12th scale alone and let be for what it is. Personally I feel that rubber would kill of 12th scale totally, and to be very honest with you I wish GTR would go back to foam.

Ken Feather
No One Special
MUDVAYNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 04:39 PM   #132
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (98%+)

So, here is perhaps my dumb question of the day...

...what drove people to want Rubber??? Too lazy to True tires, do rollout, mount donuts, pay for foam???

perhaps some need to be reminded of the tire wars in the 90's lol.. good thing yall dont have to use a durometer!!!
Old 12-04-2017, 06:51 PM   #133
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan View Post
So, here is perhaps my dumb question of the day...

...what drove people to want Rubber??? Too lazy to True tires, do rollout, mount donuts, pay for foam???

perhaps some need to be reminded of the tire wars in the 90's lol.. good thing yall dont have to use a durometer!!!
The desire by some to not have to deal with truing, changing ride height, rollout, take your pick. Those folks (and some others) think going rubber will bring racers into the class. That might happen but how many would leave the class could negate any new racers.
Tim Neja and 1/8 IC Fan like this.

CMDezigns Paint Works
https://www.facebook.com/pages/CM-Dezigns/259989190822177?ref=hl
chris moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 07:00 PM   #134
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris moore View Post
The desire by some to not have to deal with truing, changing ride height, rollout, take your pick. Those folks (and some others) think going rubber will bring racers into the class. That might happen but how many would leave the class could negate any new racers.
I'm not quitting nor will I run rubber, I'll be on foam until i get tazed by the police and forced to leave.
thecaptain likes this.
Racermac73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 07:29 PM   #135
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Last edited by Josh Keller; 12-06-2017 at 06:39 PM.
Josh Keller is offline   Reply With Quote