View Poll Results: 1/12th scale Rubber or Foam tires
Rubber Tires 70 42.42%
Foam Tires 95 57.58%
Voters: 165. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree188Likes

Old 05-11-2017, 11:11 AM   #46
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Those are yokomo gt500 tires and wheel. The rear axle is from a yokomo gt500 as well. The chassis is custom and the rest are VBC lightning 10 parts. The car is very fun to drive. The rubber tires is very consistant. Best of all is zero ride height changes. Feed it battery and go have fun. If you like group c cars check out the kyosho plazma lm bodies. The will fit this chassis with rubber tires as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccars4scott View Post
That looks really good!!! What wheel/tires are those and can you describe how it felt to drive it compared to foam?
liljohn1064 likes this.
v_squared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 11:55 AM   #47
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_squared View Post
I put together my rubber 1/12 about a year ago.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...-12-gt500.html
My problem with 1/12th GT500 is the bodies...There are already classes running that type of body, we don't need more. 1/12th should remain a prototype body class. If the class was made up of the group C bodies like Kyosho makes I'd be much more behind it. I just wish more companies made bodies like that.
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 01:09 PM   #48
Tech Addict

Bodies are an easy thing to change. I wouldn't get stock on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
My problem with 1/12th GT500 is the bodies...There are already classes running that type of body, we don't need more. 1/12th should remain a prototype body class. If the class was made up of the group C bodies like Kyosho makes I'd be much more behind it. I just wish more companies made bodies like that.
Old 05-11-2017, 01:58 PM   #49
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Quote:
Those are yokomo gt500 tires and wheel. The rear axle is from a yokomo gt500 as well. The chassis is custom and the rest are VBC lightning 10 parts. The car is very fun to drive. The rubber tires is very consistant. Best of all is zero ride height changes. Feed it battery and go have fun. If you like group c cars check out the kyosho plazma lm bodies. The will fit this chassis with rubber tires as well.
But why? Yes it looks good and everything, but if you wanted that car, why not just build a 1/10th version of it and race it in USGT or WGT-R?

1/12th has a ton of history and uniqueness to it, I honestly don't know why some people want to change it. It works for most people. Truing tires is easy and if you don't own your own than talk to the local track about providing one.

Steve
Serzoni and 303slowdown like this.
Fasttrax Racing Series / NORA On Road Series
corallyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 02:10 PM   #50
Tech Addict

Why??? Because it's a hobby and I want to. I already have plenty of 1/10 stuff. I didn't build my rubber 1/12 becasue I hate foam. I did it because I simply wanted it to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corallyman View Post
But why? Yes it looks good and everything, but if you wanted that car, why not just build a 1/10th version of it and race it in USGT or WGT-R?

1/12th has a ton of history and uniqueness to it, I honestly don't know why some people want to change it. It works for most people. Truing tires is easy and if you don't own your own than talk to the local track about providing one.

Steve
davidl, xevias and TOM MAR like this.
Old 05-11-2017, 03:42 PM   #51
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Best quote of the thread.

Quote:
Why??? Because it's a hobby and I want to. I already have plenty of 1/10 stuff. I didn't build my rubber 1/12 becasue I hate foam. I did it because I simply wanted it to.
TOM MAR likes this.
rccars4scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 03:50 PM   #52
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Everyday I hope this thread is dead and gone.. everyday I'm disappointed
Old 05-11-2017, 03:58 PM   #53
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by corallyman View Post

Steve
He's not telling you he has an Awesomatix A800X for USGT, The fastest VBC Lightning 10 WGT-R car on the planet and somewhere in his collection a 12th scale WITH FOAM TIRES. The car in the picture is gorgeous and looks spectacular on track, but that is what it was built for: rolling art. He will be back to spanking everyone by a lap Friday night in WGT-R and USGT.
Old 06-25-2017, 05:58 PM   #54
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racermac73 View Post
Everyday I hope this thread is dead and gone.. everyday I'm disappointed
After day 1 of running my WGTR (rubber tires on a converted WGT), I'd like to change my vote. Maybe rubber tires for 1/12th could work. They sure did work amazingly well on my trusty WGT. To be honest, it felt and drove very much the same as it did on foams. I was actually expecting the thing to be quite the handfull on rubber tires. To my amazement and delight, the WGTR was super smooth and really easy to drive. So, if somebody can come up with comparable rubber tires for 1/12th, I'd now be at least willing to try them out.
davidl and scirocco14 like this.
vafactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 09:57 PM   #55
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNfbyCyqNrA

Yokomo GT 500 1/12th scale style chassis running on rubber tires.
TOM MAR likes this.
EDWARD2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 07:20 AM   #56
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDWARD2003 View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNfbyCyqNrA

Yokomo GT 500 1/12th scale style chassis running on rubber tires.
This was more fun to watch than the real F1 race yestrday!
howardcano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 07:51 AM   #57
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardcano View Post
Just awesome!!

That's racing right there...
"Soon they will get everything they deserve. This isn't about trite elitism, but the otherwise intellectual and educated classes refusing to think for themselves. I call it situational ignorance, and painfully intolerable."

Stan Garvin
celt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 08:04 AM   #58
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vafactor View Post
After day 1 of running my WGTR (rubber tires on a converted WGT), I'd like to change my vote. Maybe rubber tires for 1/12th could work. They sure did work amazingly well on my trusty WGT. To be honest, it felt and drove very much the same as it did on foams. I was actually expecting the thing to be quite the handfull on rubber tires. To my amazement and delight, the WGTR was super smooth and really easy to drive. So, if somebody can come up with comparable rubber tires for 1/12th, I'd now be at least willing to try them out.
This is what we have been trying to tell people. World GT-R is alot of fun!
celt and scirocco14 like this.
www.teamcrc.com, www.teamscreamracing.com, Outlaw RC Motorsports, KO Propo USA, www.crcraceway.com, Dumper's Speedshop, FB/FX Paint. 38.4mm>38mm, 9 degrees does not = Zero end of story. Vice-President of the F1 Pink Flame Posse
dumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 09:07 AM   #59
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vafactor View Post
Hey Godfather, good to see you're still racing. You probably don't remember me but I raced with you a few times in Gaithersburg MD and a few times at the Coliseum in Frederick MD.

We have started the WGT-R classes here in Ohio and it seems to be catching on. Still not sure how I would feel about 12th scale rubber, but I do like the GT-R class alot also. Let me know when you have a few minutes of free time. I'd like to pick your brain a little on some 12th scale stuff.

Ken Feather
MUDVAYNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 09:52 AM   #60
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardcano View Post
At some point I was wondering if I was watching a NASCAR race with so many pace cars due to debris on the track... Plus cars coming back on the track after repairs...
rhodopsine is offline   Reply With Quote