Like Tree18Likes

Wrc stx 17

Old 10-05-2017, 05:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

While the shocks aren't the same color,you could piece together Schumacher big bore shocks or trackstar big bites...those are black and red while Schumacher are black

Originally Posted by disaster999 View Post
So I finally got some decent run time with the car to test out the front and rear brace, and to be honest, I didnt really feel there is a whole lot of difference in the torsional stiffness of the car. With or without the front and rear brace, the car still twisted pretty easily. Handling wise I didnt feel too much of a difference. I still needed more testing as the weather isnt too stable lately.

In other news, Im not sure if its because the shocks used are traditional long skinny shocks instead of the standard big bore short body shocks, or its just been really hot lately, but Im not getting the same damping effect as big bore shocks. With the same piston holes, same oil and same springs, big bore shocks feels significantly more dampened than the WRC shocks. I have drilled out the top cap to reduce rebound and used a 3 hole piston to increase the dampening. The car felt more compliant and doesnt bounce as much, but still not close to big bore shocks. might change to 50wt or 55wt oil. I will also swap in a set of big bore shocks for testing and see if that helps in handling.

I was pretty careful with handling the bladders when I was rebuilding the shocks but, but somehow one of the ripped again and started puking oil everywhere. Its really frustrating to find these bladders rip for no reason. That alone is enough for me to change out the shocks once in for all, if it werent for the stock gold anodizing on the shocks. It really goes well with the car and if only I can find an aftermarket shock with a similar color, I probably would.
Old 12-07-2017, 04:02 PM
Tech Master

where are people getting spare parts from ? their site sucks and doesn't show anything
Old 12-07-2017, 04:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Essential RC have a large range. Http://essentialrc.com.au

Originally Posted by thefnshow View Post
where are people getting spare parts from ? their site sucks and doesn't show anything
Old 12-07-2017, 06:11 PM
Tech Master

thanks
Old 02-19-2018, 11:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Update? New Version?

Red RC ? RC Car News WRC STX 1.5 1/10th electric touring car kit

http://www.wrc-racing.com/stx

This reminds me of the Old Kawada configuration on the Alcyon.
SV-10 ALCYON

MOmo
Old 02-19-2018, 02:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

An update. WRC abandons the yearly version to adopt something more software oriented.

I can hope that numbers will evolve based on the changes...
Old 06-20-2018, 07:18 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

This car handled pretty good on the track and I like the design, but the shocks are a MAJOR pain in the ass to deal with. They are really hard to bleed correctly and easily ruptured if you put too much pressure on it. I was rebuilding, making sure I was careful with the delicate bladders, but while testing the rebound, I can feel the bladder rupture and was greeted with a face full of oil. After that I shelved the car and left it there for a few months.

Fast forward a half a year, I decided to give this car one more try so I went to the only LHS that carries parts for it and found out they have a new bladder for the shocks. They are clear instead of blue. I asked the LHS whats different about them and all they said was that the clear one is harder. I thought I would give it a try so I bought a set and went back home. They seemed smaller than the stock blue ones and doesnt stay put inside the shock cap like the blue one that thought I had bought the wrong ones, but they fit just fine on the shock body. I proceeded to build them like Xray shocks where you put the bladder on the shock first then close the cap and was quite happy how easily everything went compared to before. Looking forward in testing out the car again this weekend.