Like Tree150Likes

Team Associated 12R6

Old 10-21-2017, 01:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rugspin View Post
Here is a great servo setup system for pan car

https://westcoastrcworks.us/collecti...o-setup-system

Kimbrough is too soft and won't give you the steering you want. Go with Tamiya for the servo saver. As good as the x-ray but fits...

Battery placement will depend on the steering that you want in the car. I use a more forward position on black carpet.. just tape it in it will stay in place
In my opinion this is completey anal and overkill. We have been doing without this for years. It does nothing. You can already do this yourself without it
Old 10-21-2017, 02:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bubonic-X View Post
In my opinion this is completey anal and overkill. We have been doing without this for years. It does nothing. You can already do this yourself without it
I’m the manufacturer of said Servo Setup system and value your opinion.
It probably works for you to eyeball the position of the servo and
the same could be said about all setup tools.
But on the end of the day they improve the repeatability of the setup changes.
Old 10-21-2017, 03:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Ok. I originally asked for help on how to center the Servo. Care to share your valued information?
Old 10-21-2017, 08:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (98%+)

I'll be posting one for sale on monday. Listing and photos to come. Let me know if interested.
Old 10-21-2017, 09:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by silden View Post
Iím the manufacturer of said Servo Setup system and value your opinion.
It probably works for you to eyeball the position of the servo and
the same could be said about all setup tools.
But on the end of the day they improve the repeatability of the setup changes.
Look I'm not trying to start something but you can truly admit that thier are setup tools out there that are useless.
If you can honestly tell me this tool will improve my lap times more power to you and I'd like to see how?
In this case setting up a servo per the manual should be good enough. Leave it up to the engineers that develop these cars.
As for repeating the same setup. If you run alot you will remember how to set it up the same when you build another car.

Just not spending money for nothing. Remember this is just my opinion.
Old 10-21-2017, 10:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Look I'm not trying to start something but you can truly admit that thier are setup tools out there that are useless.
If you can honestly tell me this tool will improve my lap times more power to you and I'd like to see how?
In this case setting up a servo per the manual should be good enough. Leave it up to the engineers that develop these cars.
As for repeating the same setup. If you run alot you will remember how to set it up the same when you build another car.

Just not spending money for nothing. Remember this is just my opinion.
I just read some of your other posts and have to say you donít have much value in any product from any manufacturer.
You seem to only wandering around and insult products and other racer.

Thank you for your opinion.
Old 10-21-2017, 11:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ZEe_NYC View Post
Ok. I originally asked for help on how to center the Servo. Care to share your valued information?
I don't own an R6 but this is what I do on my Kawada that also has a floating servo mount with slotted holes to position the servo.

First I centre the servo saver to make sure its close to vertical. Most savers have a flat spot on top of the mounting holes, put the centre of a straight edge or ruler on top of it (on its edge so it doesn't sag) and measure the height between the ends of the ruler and the table/board. Adjust the sub-trim on your radio until both ends are about the same height (close to being level). You can do this with the servo mounted on the chassis, but the front end may get in the way so remove them.

Once the servo is centered, position it along the slotted plate so its near centre by eyeballing. Reinstall the complete front end and make the steering links the same length. The camber links should also be the same lengths. Mount the car on a setup station and with the servo on, adjust the camber to 0 degrees or whatever as long as both sides are equal.

Measure your toe with the servo in neutral, there should be some error between the two. Adjust the servo position on the slotted holes until both toe readings are equal. Your camber will be affected so adjust that as well.

The point is to get equal toe readings with steering links of same lengths only by repositioning of the servo. Don't worry about whether its 2/3degrees or whatever, you can adjust the links to desired toe after the servo is positioned.

Again this is my way of doing it, its not 100% accurate but better than eyeballing if thats what you want. If you don't have a setup station Hobbyking sells a cheap one for like 40bucks before shipping.

Hope this helps!
Edwin Pibal and ZEe_NYC like this.
Old 10-22-2017, 12:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by rc_square24 View Post
I don't own an R6 but this is what I do on my Kawada that also has a floating servo mount with slotted holes to position the servo.

First I centre the servo saver to make sure its close to vertical. Most savers have a flat spot on top of the mounting holes, put the centre of a straight edge or ruler on top of it (on its edge so it doesn't sag) and measure the height between the ends of the ruler and the table/board. Adjust the sub-trim on your radio until both ends are about the same height (close to being level). You can do this with the servo mounted on the chassis, but the front end may get in the way so remove them.

Once the servo is centered, position it along the slotted plate so its near centre by eyeballing. Reinstall the complete front end and make the steering links the same length. The camber links should also be the same lengths. Mount the car on a setup station and with the servo on, adjust the camber to 0 degrees or whatever as long as both sides are equal.

Measure your toe with the servo in neutral, there should be some error between the two. Adjust the servo position on the slotted holes until both toe readings are equal. Your camber will be affected so adjust that as well.

The point is to get equal toe readings with steering links of same lengths only by repositioning of the servo. Don't worry about whether its 2/3degrees or whatever, you can adjust the links to desired toe after the servo is positioned.

Again this is my way of doing it, its not 100% accurate but better than eyeballing if thats what you want. If you don't have a setup station Hobbyking sells a cheap one for like 40bucks before shipping.

Hope this helps!
I used to do this the same way, but I got annoyed from the play in the setup system.
This is the reason I designed our Servo Setup System.
ZEe_NYC likes this.
Old 10-22-2017, 05:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by silden View Post
I just read some of your other posts and have to say you don’t have much value in any product from any manufacturer.
You seem to only wandering around and insult products and other racer.

Thank you for your opinion.
Insult a product! .... Come on man I was precise in my words and never attacked you personally. I have always spoke the truth and been around since 82. So that gives me the credit to give my opinion and if a part is worthy it get my praise.
Obviously you couldn't tell me this could increase my lap times. All the more reason to believe me than you. Maybe the next product you develop will actually have some value. Seems like you took it personally. Good luck
Old 10-22-2017, 05:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

to be perfectly honest, setting the servo center in any pancar is not rocket science, or biochemistry or any of that. if there is a tool that will make it repeatable more power to you. the r6 has a center line hole right in front of where the servo is, it isnt too difficult to align this hole to the screw of your servo saver for centering. it doesnt have to be 100% absolute perfect as long as your steering throws arent more than 5 points different left/right with steering links the same length. just looking at mine on the bench right now, its not absolutely perfect but the car was still amazing on the track, easy to drive fast.

use a straight edge on chassis bottoms and line up all the center holes, as long as the flashing on the kimbrough saver is in the notch in the chassis when servo is neutral, good enough diploma.
Old 10-22-2017, 05:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by valk View Post
to be perfectly honest, setting the servo center in any pancar is not rocket science, or biochemistry or any of that. if there is a tool that will make it repeatable more power to you. the r6 has a center line hole right in front of where the servo is, it isnt too difficult to align this hole to the screw of your servo saver for centering. it doesnt have to be 100% absolute perfect as long as your steering throws arent more than 5 points different left/right with steering links the same length. just looking at mine on the bench right now, its not absolutely perfect but the car was still amazing on the track, easy to drive fast.

use a straight edge on chassis bottoms and line up all the center holes, as long as the flashing on the kimbrough saver is in the notch in the chassis when servo is neutral, good enough diploma.
As long this technic works for you, but this tool may give you the edge over your competition. It isn't voodoo. It only helps you to improve the precision of the servo position.
Just saying.

Insult a product! .... Come on man I was precise in my words and never attacked you personally. I have always spoke the truth and been around since 82. So that gives me the credit to give my opinion and if a part is worthy it get my praise.
Obviously you couldn't tell me this could increase my lap times. All the more reason to believe me than you. Maybe the next product you develop will actually have some value. Seems like you took it personally. Good luck
BTW nobody is forcing you to buy any thing.
Your posts start to derail the conversation about the12R6. Send me a PM in case you want to discuss this further.

Last edited by silden; 10-22-2017 at 06:39 PM.
Old 10-22-2017, 08:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

silden and anyone else thinking outside the box with good intentions to help racers with new ideas/points of view and stoke for the hobby, good on you for putting it out there to be critiqued by the masses. For that, you've earned my respect.
FWIW: Never respond to trolls, they feed on any attention good or bad. Just block’em
el salvador and Antimullet like this.
Old 10-23-2017, 08:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ZEe_NYC View Post
> any advice on centering the front servo? I have it spot on, by eye... but I want it to be perfect. I'm running a KO PDS 951

> is the kimbrough servo saver good enough to use? I have a CRC carbon fiber servo dave backing plate that I can add to it. (The supplied servo saver happens to fit my servo, as well)

Eye-balling it gets you very close to centered.

I use the Kimbrough medium, lower holes, with the rest ground off.
https://www.amainhobbies.com/kimbrou...-kim201/p32168

There are some pics of Keven Hebert's 1/12 on the Reedy FB page. I would do whatever he does!
Old 10-27-2017, 08:33 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I was practicing the other night and one of my lower pivot balls popped out of the arm bushing a couple of times. Has anyone else had this issue?
Old 10-28-2017, 09:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Yeah a couple times on hard hits. I replaced mine with Roche aluminum pivot balls.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.