Team Associated 12R6 >

Team Associated 12R6

Like Tree150Likes

Team Associated 12R6

Old 08-31-2017, 04:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eddy619 View Post
Any setup recommendation for medium size asphalt track? Should I need replace with CF chassis?
Look for a setup for lower grip carpet and start from there. If you want to keep your alloy chassis nice, change it out for a carbon one. But alloy should work ok.

I ran my R5.2 on asphalt and it was great fun. I started with Rick Hohwart's 2012 Worlds setup and changed to green side springs. Ulti J soft rear tyres, J medium fronts. Reedy 3.5t boosted - hold on and have fun!

Not sure how it would transfer to the R6, but the stiff front springs, soft side spring combo might be a starting point.
Old 09-01-2017, 10:19 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks Mark, but I would say running 12th scale on asphalt track is quite a lot of fun since it can get me much closer lap time with the fast touring car guy
Our group here mostly run 6.5 motor with 2s battery

Originally Posted by Mark Payne View Post
Sorry Eddy, we don't run at all on asphalt in the UK or most of Europe. I have run a 12th outdoors once only in my life and I soon came to the conclusion that this is what 1/10th touring cars are for! I am pretty sure most of this will be about what rubber to run.

I can't believe the chassis will make that much difference(?). I think the idea may be that the CF chassis will offer more chassis flex and grip. I would not want to run the Alu outdoors as its going to get scratched up!

Hopefully someone will chime in with a suggestion.

Mark
Old 09-01-2017, 10:35 PM
Tech Rookie

I'll try the 022 front spring and blue side spring first

Originally Posted by Scott_T View Post
Look for a setup for lower grip carpet and start from there. If you want to keep your alloy chassis nice, change it out for a carbon one. But alloy should work ok.

I ran my R5.2 on asphalt and it was great fun. I started with Rick Hohwart's 2012 Worlds setup and changed to green side springs. Ulti J soft rear tyres, J medium fronts. Reedy 3.5t boosted - hold on and have fun!

Not sure how it would transfer to the R6, but the stiff front springs, soft side spring combo might be a starting point.
Old 09-13-2017, 05:56 PM
Tech Initiate

man this new car is a rocket! anyone else enjoying theirs as much as i am?
Antimullet likes this.
Old 09-17-2017, 08:51 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by fasteddie48 View Post
man this new car is a rocket! anyone else enjoying theirs as much as i am?
I see you also have a CRC. What are you feeling when comparing the two? I need to replace my old BMI soon and I'm looking at the 12R6 and the CRC 25.
Old 09-17-2017, 10:36 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Eddie_E View Post
I see you also have a CRC. What are you feeling when comparing the two? I need to replace my old BMI soon and I'm looking at the 12R6 and the CRC 25.
This is my second full season running 1/12. I could not get my xti to work worth a damn. my average was 48-50 laps in an 8 min qual. i bought the R6 transferred my running gear, and made a few tweaks to the kit setup. Im averaging 59-60 laps now, and the car set fast lap last night at our track. Now if the driver could keep his poop in a group and not hit stuff, it would be a top car at the track. That being said i love this car and cant wait to make it go faster haha. Although the new crc car looks nice, i kinda have a bad taste in my mouth from them. But maybe its me?
Old 09-17-2017, 05:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Drove a fellow racers R6 Friday night... Box stock setup as far as I know and the car was incredible. Haven't driven 1/12th in a few years but the car was absolutely dialed.
Old 09-18-2017, 04:28 PM
Tech Adept

Hello everyone,

Across the pond in the UK we're really enjoying our new 12R6's. There will be a small team of us running the car at the BRCA Nationals this coming winter and we're currently hard at work refining our setups and getting to grips with the car.

We have encountered a few minor things so far that have pretty straightforward fixes. None of this stuff will gain you laps but every little helps, right?

1) The upper kingpin balls have some slop. We've found that Roche F1 alloy balls (for 3mm kingpin) are a direct fit in the associated eyelet and have zero slop whilst offering free movement.

2) The forward centre shock ball Cup has some slop. I've fitted a Yokomo BD7 shock eyelet and the slop disappears.

3) Watch out for cracked front lower arms. I had a hard hit a couple of weeks ago and spent a while chasing a tweak around the car. It turned out to be a cracked lower arm; the hit had caused inter-laminar shear in the material which caused the arm to 'sag' when under load. The crack was only visible when I bent the arm in my fingers. Just check your front axle heights regularly and if they're not equal then check the lower arms for cracks.

4) The rear axle cams are a bit loose in the pod plates, causing radial float in the axle/diff assembly. Leave a small amount of moulding flash on the cams so they sit tighter in the pod. Alternatively run a bead of CA around the edges of the cams so that they become a nice push fit in the pod.

5) Use a Futaba or Sanwa servo in order to get the right steering arm sweep easily. The car is designed for a Futaba. A KO servo will fit but you'll need to shave a bit off the casing otherwise it'll hit the lower wishbone, and lengthen the slot in the mounting plate to get the spline central. Futaba/Sanwa are also easiest to use when running the lower arms in +2mm configuration.

Some of my setups from initial running are on Petit RC. Not hugely different to kit setup (softer side springs and 5 degrees reactive castor are the main differences). The car goes pretty well on our tracks with these setups, though they will undoubtedly evolve as we learn more about the car.

We have a Facebook page where you'll find plenty of pics, hints, tips and info. Search for "Team Associated - UK - 1/12th Circuit".
Old 09-22-2017, 11:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Hey guys, my LHS carpet track is closing. I have a big 12R5.2 lot up on eBay. If interested just search 12R5.2 used, free shipping, no reserve.
Old 09-22-2017, 03:57 PM
Tech Addict

Anyone got some layout pic's of there electronics.....Trying to find the cleanest way to route the sensor wires from a HW speedo....
Lets see what you got...
Old 09-22-2017, 07:27 PM
Tech Addict

Build went pretty good overall...A couple of notes to Team Associated.... More detail on the direction of the front lower A-Arms would be helpful. The difference is small and its easy to get them flipped the wrong way. 2nd It would have been nice to move the front body mounts out the 1/4in difference so you wouldn't need to elongate your current holes from the RC5.2. This would have been easy as the front mount is a separate piece. Other than that I'm looking forward to a new era with 1/12th scale. Shakedown tomorrow TQ RC Racing
Old 09-23-2017, 01:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rugspin View Post

Build went pretty good overall...A couple of notes to Team Associated.... More detail on the direction of the front lower A-Arms would be helpful. The difference is small and its easy to get them flipped the wrong way. 2nd It would have been nice to move the front body mounts out the 1/4in difference so you wouldn't need to elongate your current holes from the RC5.2. This would have been easy as the front mount is a separate piece. Other than that I'm looking forward to a new era with 1/12th scale. Shakedown tomorrow TQ RC Racing
Where did you get that tweak/setup board?
Old 09-23-2017, 10:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RoyU View Post
Where did you get that tweak/setup board?
I don't think that thise are available anymore.
E
Old 09-24-2017, 12:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EricF View Post
I don't think that thise are available anymore.
E
Hey Eric, going to IIC? Running the 12R6?

I did look it up. They were selling it for about $170
Old 09-24-2017, 01:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RoyU View Post
Hey Eric, going to IIC? Running the 12R6?

I did look it up. They were selling it for about $170
Oh, cool. Yes I'm going. Are going to make it this year? I know it can be hard to justify for you since you guys don't have a place to race anymore.
E

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.