Team Associated 12R6 >

Team Associated 12R6

Like Tree150Likes

Team Associated 12R6

Old 02-21-2018, 02:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bubonic-X View Post
How long it take you to get it? I ordered mine on the 29th still have not got it
I ordered on Feb 1st, and it came in last Thursday, the 15th. So, it took a good two weeks. Maybe shoot him an email with your order #. He does send it "signature required", so it may be at your post office. I had to go pick mine up and sign for the package.

Your postman may not have left the "missed delivery slip", mine has done that before. For freakin' concert tickets no less - was pretty pissed about that.
Old 02-21-2018, 02:07 PM
Tech Master

How long it take you to get it? I ordered mine on the 29th still have not got it

Hey Bubonic-X, one more thing (and only putting this on here because I didn't think about til after I installed everything ), file down the edges of the CF pieces that hold the O-Ring. They are pretty sharp and i was afraid that over time and use it would eventually tear the o-ring.
Old 02-21-2018, 06:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default O-ring battery retention

Optional parts are not necessary in order to use an o-ring for battery retention on the R6. The standard graphite pieces that carry the outer end of the dampener tubes have little holes in them from the factory. You can simply drill out those little holes and thread them to receive 4-40 flat head screws. Leave the flat head screw heads sticking up slightly, superglue them in position, and they will work just fine as o-ring retainers. It works a treat.....and it costs nothing.
Old 02-21-2018, 08:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aracefan View Post
I ordered on Feb 1st, and it came in last Thursday, the 15th. So, it took a good two weeks. Maybe shoot him an email with your order #. He does send it "signature required", so it may be at your post office. I had to go pick mine up and sign for the package.

Your postman may not have left the "missed delivery slip", mine has done that before. For freakin' concert tickets no less - was pretty pissed about that.
I emailed them before I got home today and luckily my brother was home and went and signed for it.
Where are the pics at? The kit doesn't come with any directions. Send me a link to pics if that's all they have.
Looks pretty self explanatory but just like pics
Old 02-21-2018, 10:26 PM
Tech Master

I emailed them before I got home today and luckily my brother was home and went and signed for it.
Where are the pics at? The kit doesn't come with any directions. Send me a link to pics if that's all they have.
Looks pretty self explanatory but just like pics
https://www.psmfactory.com/product/b...m-w-o-ring-r6/
Old 03-12-2018, 09:02 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Servo Mounting Question

Finally getting around to moving my electrics over from my r5.2 and having an issue with the servo.

Using a micro servo (Sanwa SRG-HR), neither the optionally released servo mount inserts fit (too large) and can only use one-screw-each on the aluminum down post mounts (servo eyelets too close together). Just use two screws and call it a day? Other thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-12-2018, 01:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by gee-dub View Post
Finally getting around to moving my electrics over from my r5.2 and having an issue with the servo.

Using a micro servo (Sanwa SRG-HR), neither the optionally released servo mount inserts fit (too large) and can only use one-screw-each on the aluminum down post mounts (servo eyelets too close together). Just use two screws and call it a day? Other thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
I have a Futaba micro servo on mine (forget the model #) and if you are talking about the screws that hold the servo to the servo mount standoff's - the ones through the servo "ears", then yes, I just have one screw on each side. Tiny drop of blue Loctite and haven't had a problem yet, 'course, i don't hit much in 1/12 scale (my offroad vehicles is a different story ) ... iirc, I put a shim or two under the servo mount standoff to get the servo a bit lower to the chassis, too. Hope that answers your question, if not maybe throw a pic in here. Good luck with it.
Old 03-13-2018, 03:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart View Post

There are some pics of Keven Hebert's 1/12 on the Reedy FB page. I would do whatever he does!

Looking at the pics on reedy facebook page, I noticed Keven has his 410r top cut off I assume solely for weight savings wondering how much weight it saved? and if it effected cooling at all in 12th mod?
I love my 410r's but they are like me and could use a diet lol
Old 03-18-2018, 01:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Did the screw thru the standoff mod. Came out really nice used a screw distributor on Ebay to get the stainless screws and serrated nuts. I like the way it looks.
Antimullet likes this.
Old 05-20-2018, 09:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Finally our in-house production is up and running. It took way longer than expected to get the process and raw material dialed in, but we made it happen. First New Item is the long awaited Servo Mounting Plates for AE 12R6. Expect more to show-up soon.
#BlackCarpetEdition
Old 05-22-2018, 11:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

The Servo Mounting Plates are now available at our store.

Originally Posted by silden View Post

Finally our in-house production is up and running. It took way longer than expected to get the process and raw material dialed in, but we made it happen. First New Item is the long awaited Servo Mounting Plates for AE 12R6. Expect more to show-up soon.
#BlackCarpetEdition
Antimullet likes this.
Old 06-27-2018, 02:13 PM
Tech Master

Couple of pics of my 12r6 before the PSM battery holder, and one after (sorry, bit blurry).

(F6 in the background)

Old 06-27-2018, 03:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by silden View Post
#BlackCarpetEdition
This is interesting to see! After a season on this car, I'm convinced it's a fast platform.

Two things I would change: first, get rid of those insane little clear shims on the front end. Seriously, what are those about?

Second, and related to the new carbon bits here. I think a rear chassis brace that spans the whole back, with o-ring retention, would be dialed. As they are now, the split braces cock off after even a minor impact. A single brace could probably get by with just two of the four available brace holes and would be more stable.
Antimullet likes this.
Old 06-27-2018, 05:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Oring isnt really ideal. I learned quickly with the crc that the battery moves a ton in impacts and can mess with the shock.
Something like a b6 battery index would prob be more reliable. I might add one to my r6ís this year.
Are these aftermarket crossbrace parts available by themselves?
Old 06-28-2018, 10:07 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by valk View Post
Oring isnt really ideal. I learned quickly with the crc that the battery moves a ton in impacts and can mess with the shock.
Something like a b6 battery index would prob be more reliable. I might add one to my r6ís this year.
Are these aftermarket crossbrace parts available by themselves?
Hey valk, was that "sorta" directed at me?? I never had the CRC 1/12 car, but ran against several guys that have races them, and the PSM O-ring battery retainer is A LOT better than the CRC setup. The battery is support on all 4 sides, with the O-ring holding "down" the battery. I'm sure over time I will have to replace the O-ring, as it will give some, but I ran 2 race days (back-to-back) and probably 6 or 7 practice packs before racing and had Zero issues with the PSM O-ring. It worked great. [Knock on wood] I didn't have any "major" impacts, which in itself is shocking for me, but the few "contacts" I did have were not a problem.

I definitely like it for the convenience over using strapping tape for the battery - far and away the best $25 I have spent on the 12R6 - although, I do have some new rear hub inserts coming from Shapeways. I have a feeling that those will be the next "best $25 I have spent on the 12R6"!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.