Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree150Likes

Team Associated 12R6

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2017, 10:17 AM
Tech Rookie

Most of us in the UK are running the Futaba 9650 or 9670 servo in the car - the KO will fit, but does need the slot in the top plate extending to get it centred. You'll also need to take a small amount from either the servo ear or the wishbone if you want the option of running 3 dots in on the arm mount inserts.

The Futaba is a direct fit, no modifications needed.
Old 11-04-2017, 10:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by James Stewart
Most of us in the UK are running the Futaba 9650 or 9670 servo in the car - the KO will fit, but does need the slot in the top plate extending to get it centred. You'll also need to take a small amount from either the servo ear or the wishbone if you want the option of running 3 dots in on the arm mount inserts.

The Futaba is a direct fit, no modifications needed.

And is the Futaba servo in front of the posts or behind it? The Futaba servos have that mounts on the top and bottom sides too, so unless they are cut off I imagine you are behind the posts and bolting in from behind.

Or are you mounting in those side mounts slots?

Old 11-04-2017, 11:17 AM
Tech Rookie

We're cutting off the side mounting tabs and putting the servo in front of the posts.
Old 11-04-2017, 06:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

hey guys, are you running the center shock as per instructions. I see some running it flipped around with the shock body towards front of car. just wondering why. thanks
Old 11-04-2017, 07:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

What are you all doing to keep the side springs on the perches ? Also do you put a light dab of loctite or something on the adjusters to keep them in place a little better ? Almost think they spin too easy and smooth.

Also running the AE (kimbrough) servo saver with futaba S9650 mounted in front like the instruction manual and the rod ends hit the servo. I know you don’t need a ton of throw but I feel like it could have just a tad more.

Having centering issues and not sure if it’s the side springs throwing it out of tweak a little bit or the servo saver. No 1/12 setup station yet

Open to suggestions !
Old 11-04-2017, 08:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

I use green slime or grease on the side spring adjuster threads.

If that comes loose I’d use some blue lock tight but not much at all.

Maybe even a little wax or chapstick.
Old 11-04-2017, 09:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Antimullet
I use green slime or grease on the side spring adjuster threads.

If that comes loose I’d use some blue lock tight but not much at all.

Maybe even a little wax or chapstick.
Do you use a dab of glue to hold the springs on the perch ? I find one stays on and the other slides off.
Old 11-04-2017, 09:12 PM
Tech Elite

No mine stay in, but loosely. Other cars you do glue the springs on it can’t hurt. Crimp the top of the spring a bit to snap into the bucket the drop some CA on it if need be.
Old 11-06-2017, 04:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Jason84
What are you all doing to keep the side springs on the perches ? Also do you put a light dab of loctite or something on the adjusters to keep them in place a little better ? Almost think they spin too easy and smooth.

Also running the AE (kimbrough) servo saver with futaba S9650 mounted in front like the instruction manual and the rod ends hit the servo. I know you don’t need a ton of throw but I feel like it could have just a tad more.

Having centering issues and not sure if it’s the side springs throwing it out of tweak a little bit or the servo saver. No 1/12 setup station yet

Open to suggestions !
For the 9650, just dremel a small amount off the servo case, this will allow the rod ends to travel a bit further. For the side springs, squeeze the top of the spring slightly with pliers to make it a tight fit on the holder. Loctite the adjusters onto the grub screw and adjust the grub screw in the carbon.
aracefan likes this.
Old 11-06-2017, 10:56 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Aaron_M
For the 9650, just dremel a small amount off the servo case, this will allow the rod ends to travel a bit further. For the side springs, squeeze the top of the spring slightly with pliers to make it a tight fit on the holder. Loctite the adjusters onto the grub screw and adjust the grub screw in the carbon.
So you change your side spring preload by adjusting the actual grub screw height? I've never owned a pan car before the r6 so I don't know the easiest way to ensure that the side springs are even from side to side and the manual doesn't give any tips for this. I've been using washers between the adjuster and the carbon.
Old 11-06-2017, 11:25 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Kelseyrc
So you change your side spring preload by adjusting the actual grub screw height? I've never owned a pan car before the r6 so I don't know the easiest way to ensure that the side springs are even from side to side and the manual doesn't give any tips for this. I've been using washers between the adjuster and the carbon.
Yes, if you check the older manuals, maybe R5 (not 5.2) you'll see this was how they proposed to do it then. I think it's just a bit easier to ensure that it doesn't move if you do it this way
Old 11-06-2017, 01:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Attachment 1448585

I use the pivots with the one sided flange in the pic. You can use the others as well. In fact the double sided flanged pivot balls would be better up top with .18 springs as you wouldn’t have to run as many shims. Note the lowers are pretty tight in associated pivot ball bushings. However the Roche plastic bushings the balls sit in have a larger od. You’d have to clearance the Carbon arms. I’m going to just cut my own arms with a little more material around the bushing next and use the Roche plastic bushings for free movement.

thanks for that, but I still cant find where to get them from

ed
Old 11-06-2017, 03:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Edwin Pibal
thanks for that, but I still cant find where to get them from

ed
Sorry try Googling Roche RC USA. Part 310004.
Edwin Pibal likes this.
Old 11-07-2017, 01:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sorry try Googling Roche RC USA. Part 310004.
thank you!

ed
Antimullet likes this.
Old 11-07-2017, 02:39 PM
Tech Master

310077 is the Roche part number for the pivot balls for their F1 car. You get 6 off the balls that can be used in the R6 top arm, and 2 off the balls that could be "made" to fit the lower pivot bush .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.