Like Tree703Likes

Mugen MTC1

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-13-2018, 09:34 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Mugen MTC1
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: liljohn1064
Mugen MTC1 Wiki:

MTC1 Manual on the Mugen Web Site.

Correction for the manual

The max/min tooth count of the spur and pinion combined.

64p = 127 to 164 total teeth

48p = 95 to 120 total teeth

People who have spare spur gears left over from other cars which they wish to use but can only utilize 2 of the 4 mounting holes, here's neat trick from MKAH to drill 2 more holes precisely in the spur gear:

1.Dismantle the Spur Holder and mount XRAY Spur with two screws.

2.If you have take a 3mm Top Setting Screw

3.Get the Top Screw in the first free thread to the Spur Holder from the other side until it touches the Spur a litle bit.
Make the same with the second free Thread.

4.Dismantle Top set Srew an the two screws witch holds the Spur on the Holder.
Now you see two marks absolutely central.

5. Take an 3mm Driller an Drill the holes at the marked places

6.Mount the Spur with the two old and two new holes on the Spur.

Spur Gears known to fit the gear holder with the correct hole pattern

1. Axon
2. Panaracer

Upper front arm hinge pin set screw tip (or any of the kit set screws):

When installing the set screw run the set screw in until you can see it come into the hinge pin gap. Back the screw out and make sure there is no flashing in the way and then the screw. Now slide the pin in and you should hit the pin and come to a dead stop. It will be a solid feel and not sloppy like it will not tighten which is caused by any loose plastic.

Hara's Setup

Robert Pietsch's Latest Carpet Setup

Print Wikipost

Old 10-11-2018, 05:50 PM
Tech Rookie

I built my car with the aluminum chassis, but stuck to the split upper deck until our club recently purchased black carpet. I found the upper deck makes it less twitchy than the split upper deck.

Has anybody tried X-ray progressive springs?
Old 10-12-2018, 03:10 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 199 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Clydeywidey1 View Post
I built my car with the aluminum chassis, but stuck to the split upper deck until our club recently purchased black carpet. I found the upper deck makes it less twitchy than the split upper deck.

here is a set up that i ran with xray progressive springs , stock chassis on black carpet its a good set up for low to medium grip , my friend has the MTC1 with the aluminum chassis but the car still a little off pace.

http://site.petitrc.com/reglages/mug...eFuzz20180331/
Old 10-12-2018, 08:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I have been running mod with this setup on black carpet and I am on pace with all other cars (XRAY).

http://site.petitrc.com/reglages/mug...aun2018020204/

I have been running 2.5 FT / 2.6 or 2.7 Rear Xray Springs depending on grip.

Make sure you have all the carpet tricks done that Pietsch posted up earlier this year; top deck bolted down to the steering posts, etc... He posted a lot of tips and they helped a ton. One other thing that was a big improvement on the black carpet, get a PRO-LITE body. I am running an ultra - lite Racer body and like it a lot. We are running Jaco Blue tires and barely have to glue them with this setup.

I also ran my sons USGT car with the exact setup listed above in that link and it was on pace with the top A main pace fyi.
Old 10-12-2018, 09:12 PM
Tech Rookie

What are some of the tips you talk about? Where can I find them?
Old 10-12-2018, 10:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What are some of the tips you talk about? Where can I find them?
Start back on page 80 and read and take notes as you go. It will pretty much take 8-10 pages to get the majority of what's being discussed here.
Old 10-13-2018, 07:58 PM
Tech Rookie

Could some of you kind folks clue me in on some of these black carpet tips?
Old 10-14-2018, 02:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Could some of you kind folks clue me in on some of these black carpet tips?
look on the bottom of this page: Mugen Seiki MTC1 Manual & Setup Sheets
Old Today, 05:20 AM
Tech Rookie

Has anybody weighed their cars with scales under each wheel? I have a fairly significant cross weight issue I think. The Front right, and rear left being 35 grams heavier than its counter part. I set my car up with a setup station, then droop with the hudy setup blocks 6F, 5R. I set the tweak by lifting the rear, or front with a screwdriver in the balance pin hole, and seeing which wheel comes off the ground first.

Any thoughts?
Old Today, 06:22 AM
Tech Adept

Has anybody weighed their cars with scales under each wheel? I have a fairly significant cross weight issue I think. The Front right, and rear left being 35 grams heavier than its counter part. I set my car up with a setup station, then droop with the hudy setup blocks 6F, 5R. I set the tweak by lifting the rear, or front with a screwdriver in the balance pin hole, and seeing which wheel comes off the ground first.

Any thoughts?
thr carbon chassis is easily tweaked due to its extreme flex which for me a slight weakness of the design . Had this and tried to fix it by dismantling the whole chassis apart and it would still come back after a few runs with no crashes whatsoever. Changed to the aluminium chassis and it never had that issue even after races or crashes. Even had a 2nd carbon chassis of another make Thinkhardrc and it t never had this problem.
Old Today, 08:03 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by BD1541 View Post

thr carbon chassis is easily tweaked due to its extreme flex which for me a slight weakness of the design . Had this and tried to fix it by dismantling the whole chassis apart and it would still come back after a few runs with no crashes whatsoever. Changed to the aluminium chassis and it never had that issue even after races or crashes. Even had a 2nd carbon chassis of another make Thinkhardrc and it t never had this problem.
I have never run the carbon chassis, always aluminum. Would you suggest me loosening the bulkheads off and re tightening?

My car was once balanced a few a few weeks ago and all looked fine. Seems to drive the same, but drives me nuts!
Old Today, 09:33 AM
Tech Adept

I have never run the carbon chassis, always aluminum. Would you suggest me loosening the bulkheads off and re tightening?

My car was once balanced a few a few weeks ago and all looked fine. Seems to drive the same, but drives me nuts!
undo your lower bulkhead screws upper deck screws and shock tower screws twist the front and rear a little and retighten the bulkhead and upper deck then shock towers. You may even want to look at your motor mount if it had a crash of some sort. It should be fine then.