Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree759Likes

Mugen MTC1

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-13-2018, 09:34 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Mugen MTC1
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: liljohn1064
Mugen MTC1 Wiki:

MTC1 Manual on the Mugen Web Site.

Correction for the manual

The max/min tooth count of the spur and pinion combined.

64p = 127 to 164 total teeth

48p = 95 to 120 total teeth

People who have spare spur gears left over from other cars which they wish to use but can only utilize 2 of the 4 mounting holes, here's neat trick from MKAH to drill 2 more holes precisely in the spur gear:

1.Dismantle the Spur Holder and mount XRAY Spur with two screws.

2.If you have take a 3mm Top Setting Screw

3.Get the Top Screw in the first free thread to the Spur Holder from the other side until it touches the Spur a litle bit.
Make the same with the second free Thread.

4.Dismantle Top set Srew an the two screws witch holds the Spur on the Holder.
Now you see two marks absolutely central.

5. Take an 3mm Driller an Drill the holes at the marked places

6.Mount the Spur with the two old and two new holes on the Spur.

Spur Gears known to fit the gear holder with the correct hole pattern

1. Axon
2. Panaracer

Upper front arm hinge pin set screw tip (or any of the kit set screws):

When installing the set screw run the set screw in until you can see it come into the hinge pin gap. Back the screw out and make sure there is no flashing in the way and then the screw. Now slide the pin in and you should hit the pin and come to a dead stop. It will be a solid feel and not sloppy like it will not tighten which is caused by any loose plastic.

Hara's Setup

Robert Pietsch's Latest Carpet Setup

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2018, 04:29 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WagwanBumba
So you see no room for improvement?
Discussions of diff oil, shock oil, springs, roll center, toe, camber, caster etc are pointless?

Sure his car may be out of the box but I highly doubt his 17.5 and his 4.5 setups are the same.
i didnt say that , what i meant the car is dialed out of the box
Old 02-05-2018, 01:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 30Tooth
Compared to the ULPS I agree, I thought you were comparing to other cars with similar wheel travel. About the rear roll centre height change, no further changes other than raising rear roll centre?

I just wanted to speed up development of this car using your feedback, it's a fine machine and Mugen is one of the brands that deserves all the help I can give.
Nope, no other changes made when changing the Rear RC height. My personal thoughts are their are other factors at play that aren't allowing the geometry to go higher. I have parts in the works to test these theories out.

Having said that, car is still very good. I haven't been any slower with it vs the orange machine, which is a good sign.
Old 02-05-2018, 03:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TryHard
Nope, no other changes made when changing the Rear RC height. My personal thoughts are their are other factors at play that aren't allowing the geometry to go higher. I have parts in the works to test these theories out.

Having said that, car is still very good. I haven't been any slower with it vs the orange machine, which is a good sign.

Good to hear and keep us posted please.
Old 02-05-2018, 03:51 PM
Tech Elite

I really hope Mugen makes more on-road cars - I mean they might as well at least make an F1 since nearly every event runs F1 these days. I'd love to see Robert Pietsch's take on an F1. MTC1 drivers need more Mugen's
golgi likes this.
Old 02-05-2018, 05:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I'm considering picking up one of these chassis and wondering what optional or spare parts are needed? The track surfaces will vary from asphalt to carpet. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
carkillaii likes this.
Old 02-05-2018, 05:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EDWARD2003
I'm considering picking up one of these chassis and wondering what optional or spare parts are needed? The track surfaces will vary from asphalt to carpet. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Having literally just made the move myself... not a lot! Haven't broken anything yet in my two runouts, and the usual suspect components seem to be holding up well. I just carry the usual spares (arms, hubs, blades).

Tuning parts wise, the car is pretty well optioned. Main parts I would grab is the steel spool cups (as these will hold up far better than the plastic kit ones, and can use blades), and the one-piece top deck.
I also grabbed an extra diff and set of shocks, and some option roll bars, but that more personal tuning preferences than anything else.

That's about it really. It's certainly up there in terms of quality etc.
Old 02-05-2018, 06:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Thin spur.

Originally Posted by TryHard
Having literally just made the move myself... not a lot! Haven't broken anything yet in my two runouts, and the usual suspect components seem to be holding up well. I just carry the usual spares (arms, hubs, blades).

Tuning parts wise, the car is pretty well optioned. Main parts I would grab is the steel spool cups (as these will hold up far better than the plastic kit ones, and can use blades), and the one-piece top deck.
I also grabbed an extra diff and set of shocks, and some option roll bars, but that more personal tuning preferences than anything else.

That's about it really. It's certainly up there in terms of quality etc.
+1
Old 02-07-2018, 01:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The car is great , just like you showed & guided me through the D07 & D08 , you have to find the setup that works for you!!

P.S. I'm faster with this car

Vaughn
Old 02-08-2018, 02:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Hey guys I've been reading this forum and I have some concerns about the MTC1 on black carpet. What problem are you facing I know about how the car is stuck and traction rolling, but I am willing to work on the car to get it where I want it, i would like to know how much are you guys struggling with the car on carpet??
Old 02-08-2018, 03:38 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by gijoe64
Hey guys I've been reading this forum and I have some concerns about the MTC1 on black carpet. What problem are you facing I know about how the car is stuck and traction rolling, but I am willing to work on the car to get it where I want it, i would like to know how much are you guys struggling with the car on carpet??
The new Mugen aluminum chassis for the car is awesome. The car is dialed in high bite carpet now. You won't have any issues.
gijoe64 likes this.
Old 02-08-2018, 03:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Timmymontoya2
The new Mugen aluminum chassis for the car is awesome. The car is dialed in high bite carpet now. You won't have any issues.
I purchased the Fenix chassis and top deck
Old 02-09-2018, 04:17 AM
Tech Adept

For me the original Mugen Alu-Chassis in combination with fenix alu topdeck works awesome. Could archive A Main at last weekends ETS Rnd2, car has a lot of corner speed and easy to drive. If you have a slower/smaller track also the original Mugen 1piece carbon topdeck works good.
Old 02-09-2018, 07:09 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thilo-alexander
For me the original Mugen Alu-Chassis in combination with fenix alu topdeck works awesome.
Worth a beer in Spain... ;-)
Old 02-09-2018, 09:55 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Giorgio
Worth a beer in Spain... ;-)
Finally back to nitro (EFRA GP Fiorano) my friend

maybe rnd4
Old 02-09-2018, 01:25 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by thilo-alexander
For me the original Mugen Alu-Chassis in combination with fenix alu topdeck works awesome. Could archive A Main at last weekends ETS Rnd2, car has a lot of corner speed and easy to drive. If you have a slower/smaller track also the original Mugen 1piece carbon topdeck works good.
Setup?

Thx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.