Like Tree758Likes

Mugen MTC1

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-13-2018, 09:34 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Mugen MTC1
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: liljohn1064
Mugen MTC1 Wiki:

MTC1 Manual on the Mugen Web Site.

Correction for the manual

The max/min tooth count of the spur and pinion combined.

64p = 127 to 164 total teeth

48p = 95 to 120 total teeth

People who have spare spur gears left over from other cars which they wish to use but can only utilize 2 of the 4 mounting holes, here's neat trick from MKAH to drill 2 more holes precisely in the spur gear:

1.Dismantle the Spur Holder and mount XRAY Spur with two screws.

2.If you have take a 3mm Top Setting Screw

3.Get the Top Screw in the first free thread to the Spur Holder from the other side until it touches the Spur a litle bit.
Make the same with the second free Thread.

4.Dismantle Top set Srew an the two screws witch holds the Spur on the Holder.
Now you see two marks absolutely central.

5. Take an 3mm Driller an Drill the holes at the marked places

6.Mount the Spur with the two old and two new holes on the Spur.

Spur Gears known to fit the gear holder with the correct hole pattern

1. Axon
2. Panaracer

Upper front arm hinge pin set screw tip (or any of the kit set screws):

When installing the set screw run the set screw in until you can see it come into the hinge pin gap. Back the screw out and make sure there is no flashing in the way and then the screw. Now slide the pin in and you should hit the pin and come to a dead stop. It will be a solid feel and not sloppy like it will not tighten which is caused by any loose plastic.

Hara's Setup

Robert Pietsch's Latest Carpet Setup

Print Wikipost

Old 11-20-2017, 03:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

snuvet75, I've run my car on CRC black carpet for the last 3 weekends and have not traction rolled once. Here is the kicker.....I ran 2 of those weekend with the stock upper deck. I do have an alloy Fenix chassis and I do glue the front tires. I think you will find that this is the norm though. The car has a sh!t load of mechanical grip which if not setup properly will make the rear end swing around. However, with the proper setup I feel the car is money. At my local track I'm as fast with this car as I have ever been with any other car....and I've had them all
Old 11-20-2017, 03:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've been watching lots of videos of the mtc1 on crc carpet(360v2), and I see alot of them traction rolling when pushed hard, and they seem to generate too much traction for such grippy surface, although the racers have not posted their secret setups on here... The A800ah/WRC cars seem to run around the Mtc1 all day from the videos....lol.....
snuvet75 likes this.
Old 11-20-2017, 03:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

But Bert’s TC4 schools all still.

The Mugen needs an aluminum chassis on high grip.

It’s dialed then. Along with someone that knows how to setup a car.
snuvet75 likes this.
Old 11-20-2017, 03:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Bert is still learning the crc surface setup without an aluminum chassis option. I guess those mtc1's on the 360v2 videos are also struggling to find a base setup, but I am sure they will pull through...
I really need to finally get myself a vehicle to be able to get to the track ASAP, to test my FT tc4 against the mtc1... It might get interesting in the Spec Class, since nobody's running cheater motors anymore: advantage Bert...lol...
Old 11-20-2017, 07:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Originally Posted by The Teacher View Post
snuvet75, I've run my car on CRC black carpet for the last 3 weekends and have not traction rolled once. Here is the kicker.....I ran 2 of those weekend with the stock upper deck. I do have an alloy Fenix chassis and I do glue the front tires. I think you will find that this is the norm though. The car has a sh!t load of mechanical grip which if not setup properly will make the rear end swing around. However, with the proper setup I feel the car is money. At my local track I'm as fast with this car as I have ever been with any other car....and I've had them all
I believe you and what you said is the reason of the troubles some have.
I think yours works despite flex top deck due to alu chassis. To me main chassis seems to have far greater influence than top deck for the flex.
What diff oil do you use in your car? I heard some say 3000cst diff in MTC1 feels more like 5000cst. Is that true to you too?
I want to hear more people about experience on asphalt. Theoretically, with that much flex, it should work much better in asphalt but I heard same rear-stepping out in asphalt too and wondered if the diff may diff out and if thicker oil may help. WHat do you guys think?
I'm getting both stock chassis and fenix chassis and want to try both in asphalt. Should be interesting
Old 11-21-2017, 02:48 AM
Tech Champion

snuvet75, I ran 7k in my diff but have swapped back and forth with 5k and 7k. Car feels about the same with either, lap time was faster with 7k so that's what I stuck with... I ran my car outside one weekend (box stock) with Pietsch setup from the ETS race where he made the "A". The car seemed to have good corner speed which normally is a sign that it's not too stuck.
snuvet75 and Antimullet like this.
Old 11-21-2017, 04:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Teach I Think me and you are on the same level as far as trying different chassis manufacturers. Lol

I like this Mugen a lot though. The aluminum for me made it great on carpet. Just as much steering as the commie cars and way more durable.
Ggrant likes this.
Old 11-21-2017, 09:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Did I read correctly somewhere that there’s a front diff for the car? Anyone tried it?
Old 11-21-2017, 02:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Originally Posted by Antimullet View Post
Teach I Think me and you are on the same level as far as trying different chassis manufacturers. Lol

I like this Mugen a lot though. The aluminum for me made it great on carpet. Just as much steering as the commie cars and way more durable.
Did you sell your Project?
Old 11-21-2017, 07:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Lets change it up, show me them installs!!!
Old 11-21-2017, 07:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Old 11-21-2017, 08:07 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Anyone at the Indoor champs I'll have some of the 7075 Alumn Top decks for the car. Sold all the chassis as soon as they showed up though.

EA
liljohn1064 likes this.
Old 11-22-2017, 11:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Smile

Mugen Seiki MTC1 Parts are now available at TQ RC RACING.

We just started to carry MTC1 parts, if you need the parts we don't have, please feel free to contact us.

https://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/prod...s_maker_id=135

FYI, Thanks.
Old 11-26-2017, 07:21 AM
Tech Champion

Did some back to back testing yesterday with the Fenix and 7075.it chassis running USGT (21.5 motor). Started out with both cars identical using the Pietsch test carpet setup posted on petitrc. Right out the gate the Fenix chassis seemed to rotate better and carry more corner speed. With the 7075.it chassis the rear was super planted and and did not pivot around the corners. The car stayed flatter with the 7075 chassis but felt twitchy. Throughout the day I played with a little of everything...rear toe, camber link angle, camber link height. At the end of the day I spent a lot of time trying to free up the car running the 7075.it chassis. My single fastest lap came with the car that had the 7075.it chassis but hands down I was more consistent with the Fenix chassis....and it was only a tenth off my hotlap with the 7075. I think both chassis will work but the Fexix might have a slightly wider sweet spot.
GrandeGixxer and chiefj48 like this.
Old 11-26-2017, 02:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Teacher View Post
Did some back to back testing yesterday with the Fenix and 7075.it chassis running USGT (21.5 motor). Started out with both cars identical using the Pietsch test carpet setup posted on petitrc. Right out the gate the Fenix chassis seemed to rotate better and carry more corner speed. With the 7075.it chassis the rear was super planted and and did not pivot around the corners. The car stayed flatter with the 7075 chassis but felt twitchy. Throughout the day I played with a little of everything...rear toe, camber link angle, camber link height. At the end of the day I spent a lot of time trying to free up the car running the 7075.it chassis. My single fastest lap came with the car that had the 7075.it chassis but hands down I was more consistent with the Fenix chassis....and it was only a tenth off my hotlap with the 7075. I think both chassis will work but the Fexix might have a slightly wider sweet spot.
Which top deck were you using?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.