Like Tree758Likes

Mugen MTC1

    Hide Wikipost
Old 03-13-2018, 09:34 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Mugen MTC1
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: liljohn1064
Mugen MTC1 Wiki:

MTC1 Manual on the Mugen Web Site.

Correction for the manual




The max/min tooth count of the spur and pinion combined.

64p = 127 to 164 total teeth


48p = 95 to 120 total teeth


People who have spare spur gears left over from other cars which they wish to use but can only utilize 2 of the 4 mounting holes, here's neat trick from MKAH to drill 2 more holes precisely in the spur gear:

1.Dismantle the Spur Holder and mount XRAY Spur with two screws.

2.If you have take a 3mm Top Setting Screw

3.Get the Top Screw in the first free thread to the Spur Holder from the other side until it touches the Spur a litle bit.
Make the same with the second free Thread.


4.Dismantle Top set Srew an the two screws witch holds the Spur on the Holder.
Now you see two marks absolutely central.


5. Take an 3mm Driller an Drill the holes at the marked places

6.Mount the Spur with the two old and two new holes on the Spur.


Spur Gears known to fit the gear holder with the correct hole pattern

1. Axon
2. Panaracer


Upper front arm hinge pin set screw tip (or any of the kit set screws):

When installing the set screw run the set screw in until you can see it come into the hinge pin gap. Back the screw out and make sure there is no flashing in the way and then the screw. Now slide the pin in and you should hit the pin and come to a dead stop. It will be a solid feel and not sloppy like it will not tighten which is caused by any loose plastic.

Hara's Setup


Robert Pietsch's Latest Carpet Setup

Print Wikipost

Old 09-19-2017, 09:38 AM
  #796  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (17)
 
liljohn1064's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Deerfield, WI
Posts: 5,893
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by disaster999 View Post
Actually the plastic counter sink washer that goes on the servo have a "locating pin" that fits into the hole of the servo ear so the servo doesn't slide around if you crash. You can use regular countersink washers and just crank down on the screw really hard but over time it will deform the plastic ears.

Get these if you want to upgrade them to aluminum.
https://www.rc-tworks.com/products/ta-031
Those pins were the give away when I got to the battery stop install. I knew exactly where they were supposed to go and did the swap. I like those locator pins for the servo, even less chance for it to move.
liljohn1064 is offline  
Old 09-19-2017, 09:49 AM
  #797  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (17)
 
liljohn1064's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Deerfield, WI
Posts: 5,893
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Gko View Post
No, i just would like to order the correct spur together with the car, as it is not included.
As i already have a 23T pinion, i just asked if someone have tested this pinion/spur combination.
Thanks to all the tools not giving a real answer.

What you are looking for is the max/min tooth count of the spur and pinion combined.

64p = 127 to 164 total teeth
48p = 95 to 120 total teeth

88/23 is 111, so that will work.
Antimullet likes this.
liljohn1064 is offline  
Old 09-19-2017, 10:03 AM
  #798  
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chatham Ontario Canada
Posts: 1,445
Default

Strange that the gear chart doesn't indicate the max and min pinion for each spur - have to do math and stuff.
liljohn1064 likes this.
DavidNERODease is offline  
Old 09-19-2017, 10:23 AM
  #799  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (17)
 
liljohn1064's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Deerfield, WI
Posts: 5,893
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by DavidNERODease View Post
Strange that the gear chart doesn't indicate the max and min pinion for each spur - have to do math and stuff.
Nah, no math (well addition), install a spur, any spur. Just keep adding pinions until you can't move the motor. Then remove pinions down until you lose good gear mesh. That number of teeth, no matter what ratio, will always be the most and least number of teeth for that pitch. Works for any car. From there you can tinker with moving the motor around with spur size to get that balance you are looking for knowing the pinion you have is big enough or small enough to still land in the middle of the range just by adding the two together. Once you get it figured out, make note. The gear chart comes in once you have the FDR you want then have to work the spur, pinion and motor location backwards to what gears you own. You'll quickly figure out the range of spurs to cover your possible FDRs and where it locates the motor at your desired ratio. The motor is a huge chunk of weight, so moving it around is more important than most people give thought to. They find something that fits and gear up or gear down. Moving 150g+ 10mm forward or backward can change everything. Back you your regularly scheduled program.
liljohn1064 is offline  
Old 09-19-2017, 10:30 AM
  #800  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (21)
 
GrandeGixxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Waldorf, MD
Posts: 3,329
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by niznai View Post
You can work it out, no need to find one.
It would've been more constructive to say "Here's how to work out FDR."
thunderbt3 likes this.
GrandeGixxer is offline  
Old 09-19-2017, 10:42 AM
  #801  
Tech Elite
 
niznai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: All over the place
Posts: 2,965
Default

Originally Posted by GrandeGixxer View Post
It would've been more constructive to say "Here's how to work out FDR."
I think that one has been covered numerous times here, there are plenty of websites to do it for you or where you can find explanations, and I am pretty sure it was explained at some point in primary school.

Which one of these do you think is inaccessible to our friend?

Originally Posted by DavidNERODease View Post
Strange that the gear chart doesn't indicate the max and min pinion for each spur - have to do math and stuff.
Ain't that a bitch.
DavidNERODease likes this.
niznai is offline  
Old 09-19-2017, 10:48 AM
  #802  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (3)
 
OSherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: o0O In the FishBowl O0o
Posts: 3,480
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by kentech View Post
Very extensive MTC1 build post now finished.

https://kentech.wordpress.com/2017/0...en-mtc1-build/


Kentech, you've got PM..
OSherman is offline  
Old 09-19-2017, 10:55 AM
  #803  
Super Moderator
iTrader: (211)
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 30,944
Trader Rating: 211 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Gko View Post
No, i just would like to order the correct spur together with the car, as it is not included.
As i already have a 23T pinion, i just asked if someone have tested this pinion/spur combination.
It all depends on the motor that you will be using
Marcos.J is offline  
Old 09-19-2017, 11:22 AM
  #804  
MGU
Tech Adept
 
MGU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 144
Default

Originally Posted by liljohn1064 View Post
Thanks to all the tools not giving a real answer.

What you are looking for is the max/min tooth count of the spur and pinion combined.

64p = 127 to 164 total teeth
48p = 95 to 120 total teeth

88/23 is 111, so that will work.
Well you can only do that if you actually have the car. I had gear charts for my Durango and T4 where the possible gear charts were colored, so you could see what is possible before actually having the car. But thanks for the information, now I actually know that my planned spur/pinion combo will work.
liljohn1064 likes this.
MGU is offline  
Old 09-19-2017, 11:43 AM
  #805  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Doncaster South Yorkshire
Posts: 117
Talking

Originally Posted by niznai View Post
I think that one has been covered numerous times here, there are plenty of websites to do it for you or where you can find explanations, and I am pretty sure it was explained at some point in primary school.

Which one of these do you think is inaccessible to our friend?



Ain't that a bitch.
That's strange we did not do r/c at my school. LOL
big paul is offline  
Old 09-19-2017, 11:43 AM
  #806  
Tech Master
 
patorz31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Edmonton Ab
Posts: 1,545
Default

Car must be pretty good when the only complaints in a bunch of pages are about the Spur...
cryptout likes this.
patorz31 is offline  
Old 09-19-2017, 11:49 AM
  #807  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (65)
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina
Posts: 2,925
Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by niznai View Post
I think that one has been covered numerous times here, there are plenty of websites to do it for you or where you can find explanations, and I am pretty sure it was explained at some point in primary school.

Which one of these do you think is inaccessible to our friend?



Ain't that a bitch.
Once again you are a real cool dude. Thanks for no value added commentary.

I wish I was as smart as you think you are. Then I too could pat myself on the back for my useless rhetoric.

Go look at yourself in the mirror stewart smalley style. Cause you good enough, smart enough, and dog gone it people like you.

You obviously need the self esteem boost given the constant need to be a tool on this forum.

I hope you feel better. Internet hugs big boy. Internet hugs.
Antimullet is offline  
Old 09-19-2017, 12:01 PM
  #808  
Tech Elite
 
niznai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: All over the place
Posts: 2,965
Default

Originally Posted by Antimullet View Post
Once again you are a real cool dude. Thanks for no value added commentary.

I wish I was as smart as you think you are. Then I too could pat myself on the back for my useless rhetoric.

Go look at yourself in the mirror stewart smalley style. Cause you good enough, smart enough, and dog gone it people like you.

You obviously need the self esteem boost given the constant need to be a tool on this forum.

I hope you feel better. Internet hugs big boy. Internet hugs.
You're welcome.
niznai is offline  
Old 09-19-2017, 12:12 PM
  #809  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (17)
 
liljohn1064's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Deerfield, WI
Posts: 5,893
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MGU View Post
Well you can only do that if you actually have the car. I had gear charts for my Durango and T4 where the possible gear charts were colored, so you could see what is possible before actually having the car. But thanks for the information, now I actually know that my planned spur/pinion combo will work.
Exactly and you're welcome. This kit was amazing to build.
liljohn1064 is offline  
Old 09-19-2017, 12:24 PM
  #810  
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chatham Ontario Canada
Posts: 1,445
Default

A MTC1 wiki would seem to be the solution to some of the... shall we say personality conflicts. This is a fantastic car and no doubt will continue to attract many questions.
DavidNERODease is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.