Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree759Likes

Mugen MTC1

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-13-2018, 09:34 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Mugen MTC1
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: liljohn1064
Mugen MTC1 Wiki:

MTC1 Manual on the Mugen Web Site.

Correction for the manual

The max/min tooth count of the spur and pinion combined.

64p = 127 to 164 total teeth

48p = 95 to 120 total teeth

People who have spare spur gears left over from other cars which they wish to use but can only utilize 2 of the 4 mounting holes, here's neat trick from MKAH to drill 2 more holes precisely in the spur gear:

1.Dismantle the Spur Holder and mount XRAY Spur with two screws.

2.If you have take a 3mm Top Setting Screw

3.Get the Top Screw in the first free thread to the Spur Holder from the other side until it touches the Spur a litle bit.
Make the same with the second free Thread.

4.Dismantle Top set Srew an the two screws witch holds the Spur on the Holder.
Now you see two marks absolutely central.

5. Take an 3mm Driller an Drill the holes at the marked places

6.Mount the Spur with the two old and two new holes on the Spur.

Spur Gears known to fit the gear holder with the correct hole pattern

1. Axon
2. Panaracer

Upper front arm hinge pin set screw tip (or any of the kit set screws):

When installing the set screw run the set screw in until you can see it come into the hinge pin gap. Back the screw out and make sure there is no flashing in the way and then the screw. Now slide the pin in and you should hit the pin and come to a dead stop. It will be a solid feel and not sloppy like it will not tighten which is caused by any loose plastic.

Hara's Setup

Robert Pietsch's Latest Carpet Setup

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2017, 09:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by disaster999
Actually the plastic counter sink washer that goes on the servo have a "locating pin" that fits into the hole of the servo ear so the servo doesn't slide around if you crash. You can use regular countersink washers and just crank down on the screw really hard but over time it will deform the plastic ears.

Get these if you want to upgrade them to aluminum.
https://www.rc-tworks.com/products/ta-031
Those pins were the give away when I got to the battery stop install. I knew exactly where they were supposed to go and did the swap. I like those locator pins for the servo, even less chance for it to move.
Old 09-19-2017, 09:49 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Gko
No, i just would like to order the correct spur together with the car, as it is not included.
As i already have a 23T pinion, i just asked if someone have tested this pinion/spur combination.
Thanks to all the tools not giving a real answer.

What you are looking for is the max/min tooth count of the spur and pinion combined.

88/23 is 111, so that will work.
Antimullet likes this.
Old 09-19-2017, 10:03 AM
Tech Elite

Strange that the gear chart doesn't indicate the max and min pinion for each spur - have to do math and stuff.
liljohn1064 likes this.
Old 09-19-2017, 10:23 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by DavidNERODease
Strange that the gear chart doesn't indicate the max and min pinion for each spur - have to do math and stuff.
Nah, no math (well addition), install a spur, any spur. Just keep adding pinions until you can't move the motor. Then remove pinions down until you lose good gear mesh. That number of teeth, no matter what ratio, will always be the most and least number of teeth for that pitch. Works for any car. From there you can tinker with moving the motor around with spur size to get that balance you are looking for knowing the pinion you have is big enough or small enough to still land in the middle of the range just by adding the two together. Once you get it figured out, make note. The gear chart comes in once you have the FDR you want then have to work the spur, pinion and motor location backwards to what gears you own. You'll quickly figure out the range of spurs to cover your possible FDRs and where it locates the motor at your desired ratio. The motor is a huge chunk of weight, so moving it around is more important than most people give thought to. They find something that fits and gear up or gear down. Moving 150g+ 10mm forward or backward can change everything. Back you your regularly scheduled program.
Old 09-19-2017, 10:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by niznai
You can work it out, no need to find one.
It would've been more constructive to say "Here's how to work out FDR."
thunderbt3 likes this.
Old 09-19-2017, 10:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GrandeGixxer
It would've been more constructive to say "Here's how to work out FDR."
I think that one has been covered numerous times here, there are plenty of websites to do it for you or where you can find explanations, and I am pretty sure it was explained at some point in primary school.

Which one of these do you think is inaccessible to our friend?

Originally Posted by DavidNERODease
Ain't that a bitch.
DavidNERODease likes this.
Old 09-19-2017, 10:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kentech
Very extensive MTC1 build post now finished.

https://kentech.wordpress.com/2017/0...en-mtc1-build/

Kentech, you've got PM..
Old 09-19-2017, 10:55 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gko
No, i just would like to order the correct spur together with the car, as it is not included.
As i already have a 23T pinion, i just asked if someone have tested this pinion/spur combination.
It all depends on the motor that you will be using
Old 09-19-2017, 11:22 AM
MGU
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
Thanks to all the tools not giving a real answer.

What you are looking for is the max/min tooth count of the spur and pinion combined.

88/23 is 111, so that will work.
Well you can only do that if you actually have the car. I had gear charts for my Durango and T4 where the possible gear charts were colored, so you could see what is possible before actually having the car. But thanks for the information, now I actually know that my planned spur/pinion combo will work.
liljohn1064 likes this.
Old 09-19-2017, 11:43 AM
Tech Adept

Talking

I think that one has been covered numerous times here, there are plenty of websites to do it for you or where you can find explanations, and I am pretty sure it was explained at some point in primary school.

Ain't that a bitch.
That's strange we did not do r/c at my school. LOL
Old 09-19-2017, 11:43 AM
Tech Master

Car must be pretty good when the only complaints in a bunch of pages are about the Spur...
cryptout likes this.
Old 09-19-2017, 11:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Ain't that a bitch.
Once again you are a real cool dude. Thanks for no value added commentary.

I wish I was as smart as you think you are. Then I too could pat myself on the back for my useless rhetoric.

Go look at yourself in the mirror stewart smalley style. Cause you good enough, smart enough, and dog gone it people like you.

You obviously need the self esteem boost given the constant need to be a tool on this forum.

I hope you feel better. Internet hugs big boy. Internet hugs.
Old 09-19-2017, 12:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Antimullet
Once again you are a real cool dude. Thanks for no value added commentary.

I wish I was as smart as you think you are. Then I too could pat myself on the back for my useless rhetoric.

Go look at yourself in the mirror stewart smalley style. Cause you good enough, smart enough, and dog gone it people like you.

You obviously need the self esteem boost given the constant need to be a tool on this forum.

I hope you feel better. Internet hugs big boy. Internet hugs.
You're welcome.
Old 09-19-2017, 12:12 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by MGU
Well you can only do that if you actually have the car. I had gear charts for my Durango and T4 where the possible gear charts were colored, so you could see what is possible before actually having the car. But thanks for the information, now I actually know that my planned spur/pinion combo will work.
Exactly and you're welcome. This kit was amazing to build.
Old 09-19-2017, 12:24 PM
Tech Elite

A MTC1 wiki would seem to be the solution to some of the... shall we say personality conflicts. This is a fantastic car and no doubt will continue to attract many questions.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.