Like Tree758Likes

Mugen MTC1

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-13-2018, 09:34 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Mugen MTC1
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: liljohn1064
Mugen MTC1 Wiki:

MTC1 Manual on the Mugen Web Site.

Correction for the manual

The max/min tooth count of the spur and pinion combined.

64p = 127 to 164 total teeth

48p = 95 to 120 total teeth

People who have spare spur gears left over from other cars which they wish to use but can only utilize 2 of the 4 mounting holes, here's neat trick from MKAH to drill 2 more holes precisely in the spur gear:

1.Dismantle the Spur Holder and mount XRAY Spur with two screws.

2.If you have take a 3mm Top Setting Screw

3.Get the Top Screw in the first free thread to the Spur Holder from the other side until it touches the Spur a litle bit.
Make the same with the second free Thread.

4.Dismantle Top set Srew an the two screws witch holds the Spur on the Holder.
Now you see two marks absolutely central.

5. Take an 3mm Driller an Drill the holes at the marked places

6.Mount the Spur with the two old and two new holes on the Spur.

Spur Gears known to fit the gear holder with the correct hole pattern

1. Axon
2. Panaracer

Upper front arm hinge pin set screw tip (or any of the kit set screws):

When installing the set screw run the set screw in until you can see it come into the hinge pin gap. Back the screw out and make sure there is no flashing in the way and then the screw. Now slide the pin in and you should hit the pin and come to a dead stop. It will be a solid feel and not sloppy like it will not tighten which is caused by any loose plastic.

Hara's Setup

Robert Pietsch's Latest Carpet Setup

Print Wikipost

Old 06-23-2017, 01:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Ladies and gentlemen, Bert has been dethroned
Old 06-23-2017, 02:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theproffesor View Post
Ladies and gentlemen, Bert has been dethroned
That's impossible....lol....
LOW ET and glennhl like this.
Old 06-24-2017, 05:26 AM
Bar
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by latentspeed View Post
Not making up stuff. He originally worked for Schumacher and then started the xray brand.

All brands have their own steering feel. Kyosho has the easiest to drive steering which isnt responsive and understeers. Durango is known for having responsive steering. Tekno has insane amount of steering, stability and responsiveness. Their 1/8 buggy steers similar like a touring car. Every brand has their own steering that is applied in their vehicles in each class. Just driving another persons car without being told what brand it is, you might be able to guess it based on how it feels and turns.

That's why if you've driven a Schumacher and xray you will notice that they both have a lot of steering and feel very similar. I've had the first t4 and drove a friend's Schumacher. Schumacher has a bit more steering and responsiveness. Hb is always saying their buggies drive like kyoshos, giving that confidence to drive hard.

Can't find my source where I read it years ago. Believe it or not doesn't matter to me. Let's try not to stray too far from this thread subject.
This doesn't sound right, the Hudy brand came before the Xray brand ever existed and before that Hudy stuff came under the brand Special, I still have a Special comm lathe. Phil Booth who I know well is the man behind most of the past cars and still involved with some of the present Schumacher cars and a great guy and fantastic engineer, used to help in testing some of their older onroad cars and before Phil Booth Cecil Schumacher the founder of Schumacher was the main man.
Old 06-24-2017, 07:28 AM
Tech Elite

Like all of Mugen products, this car will be a winner right out of the box!
Scott B likes this.
Old 06-24-2017, 07:49 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Bar View Post
This doesn't sound right, the Hudy brand came before the Xray brand ever existed and before that Hudy stuff came under the brand Special, I still have a Special comm lathe. Phil Booth who I know well is the man behind most of the past cars and still involved with some of the present Schumacher cars and a great guy and fantastic engineer, used to help in testing some of their older onroad cars and before Phil Booth Cecil Schumacher the founder of Schumacher was the main man.
Afaik, Hudy used to manufacture parts for Serpent and Corally back in the days, never heard of him working for Schumacher indeed
Old 06-24-2017, 08:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 126 (100%+)

Originally Posted by niznai View Post

I only wish they were a bit more generous with the details about the car, the videos and pictures out do not really show much.
Pics are generous

MTC-1
Old 06-24-2017, 08:05 AM
Tech Regular

Does it come stock with ECS style front shafts? Can't tell by the pictures...

- Front double joint drive shafts.

NVM, it was in the description
Old 06-24-2017, 08:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 126 (100%+)

The two piece top deck, motor mount,diff and front end assembly all stand out. Looks like high quality shiz!
Old 06-24-2017, 08:36 AM
Tech Champion

It might be a better asphalt car than carpet....
Old 06-24-2017, 08:46 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 211 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87 View Post
It might be a better asphalt car than carpet....
they should had atleast one run at the reedy race
Drift_Buggy likes this.
Old 06-24-2017, 11:07 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Bar View Post
I didn't say Hudy was the main engineer or anything like that while at Schumacher. I'm gonna agree that Schumacher cars are great. Nothing has as much steering. Everything else depends on rotation which Mugens have speedy rotating ability but still controllable. That's what I'm expecting out of this new tc.
Old 06-24-2017, 11:09 AM
Tech Regular

Would be great to see a running video by a team driver.
Marcos.J and Drift_Buggy like this.
Old 06-25-2017, 12:39 AM
Tech Regular

i saw the news on this with Hara? i thought he was yokomo sponsored in electric 1/10 cars...touring a coin flip yok or mugen? or does he float across manufacturers like Maifield who does yokomo electric 1/10 2wd/4wd buggies, mugen gas stuff, AE 1/10 SC 2wd.
Old 06-25-2017, 02:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default 1

Originally Posted by Pinkz View Post
i saw the news on this with Hara? i thought he was yokomo sponsored in electric 1/10 cars...touring a coin flip yok or mugen? or does he float across manufacturers like Maifield who does yokomo electric 1/10 2wd/4wd buggies, mugen gas stuff, AE 1/10 SC 2wd.
Hara isn't sponsored by a chassis for touring car. He's run Kyosho, AMX, TRF (with Yokomo electrics lol), Yokomo and others in the past 12-18months alone.
Old 06-26-2017, 04:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

$509 amain preorder. Any more idiot conjecture on being overly priced?? You know who you are...
Scott B likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.