Like Tree756Likes

Mugen MTC1

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-13-2018, 09:34 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Mugen MTC1
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: liljohn1064
Mugen MTC1 Wiki:

MTC1 Manual on the Mugen Web Site.

Correction for the manual

The max/min tooth count of the spur and pinion combined.

64p = 127 to 164 total teeth

48p = 95 to 120 total teeth

People who have spare spur gears left over from other cars which they wish to use but can only utilize 2 of the 4 mounting holes, here's neat trick from MKAH to drill 2 more holes precisely in the spur gear:

1.Dismantle the Spur Holder and mount XRAY Spur with two screws.

2.If you have take a 3mm Top Setting Screw

3.Get the Top Screw in the first free thread to the Spur Holder from the other side until it touches the Spur a litle bit.
Make the same with the second free Thread.

4.Dismantle Top set Srew an the two screws witch holds the Spur on the Holder.
Now you see two marks absolutely central.

5. Take an 3mm Driller an Drill the holes at the marked places

6.Mount the Spur with the two old and two new holes on the Spur.

Spur Gears known to fit the gear holder with the correct hole pattern

1. Axon
2. Panaracer

Upper front arm hinge pin set screw tip (or any of the kit set screws):

When installing the set screw run the set screw in until you can see it come into the hinge pin gap. Back the screw out and make sure there is no flashing in the way and then the screw. Now slide the pin in and you should hit the pin and come to a dead stop. It will be a solid feel and not sloppy like it will not tighten which is caused by any loose plastic.

Hara's Setup

Robert Pietsch's Latest Carpet Setup

Print Wikipost

Old 05-19-2020, 11:34 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

My sons MTC1 is at minimum weight of 1380 with a big 8000 pack battery; care to share a picture of your car to see where the weight is/what components you are using?
Old 05-19-2020, 08:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Not sure how you got so heavy, I am having to add 10 grams plus to get to 1380, this is also a Perf Conv car. I am using a carbon chassis, steel screws in bottom, all ti up top, alum balls. With a 8000+ pack I still came in under at like 1360 ish, those packs are like 330grams and I am running the optional battery holder.

Old 05-19-2020, 10:03 PM
Tech Regular

Nothing unusual on the car. The 30g lead weight was placed there temporarily trying to balance the battery. Please have a look:

Old 05-20-2020, 07:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ted Su(TW) View Post
The C-clip of your right DCJ is in the wrong direction. It should be reversed to avoid that with the rotation speed it comes to hook plastic parts :-)
Ted Su(TW) likes this.
Old 05-21-2020, 09:21 PM
Tech Adept

I don’t see anything out of sorts, perhaps your body is heavier. Either way you can afford to go down to a 6000 ish lcg battery and you will save 30+ grams.
Old 05-21-2020, 09:35 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Ted Su(TW) View Post

Went to the Xray camp and can't forget about my MTC1.

Lowered the shocks by about 5mm. Not sure about the performance gain/lost yet (going to test it this weekend), but certainly lots of fun and satisfaction making the parts.

I wish Mugen comes up with the MTC"2" soon, don't know how much longer I can hold on before going to the Awesomatix A800. Lots of my friends have gone to the Awesomatix camp and the A800 certainly is amazing.

Enjoy the pictures and stay safe.
While you can use the lower shock towers from rebellion rc with a ULP shock (like the axon) to lower cg. Be careful lowering the shock mount below the arms like that. While it may lower your cg, the chance of impact below the arms is problematic. If you catch a curb you can ruin your race quick. Either way love your creative brackets, let us know how it handles
Old 05-22-2020, 09:51 PM
Tech Regular

I use the same body on my T4 with same paint scheme, and same battery too.

Looks like I'll just have to stick with a slightly heavier car.

Didn't have a chance to really test it. Been raining for two weekends here. Will certainly report back on how it handles.

Thanks!!

Originally Posted by F1fletch View Post
I donít see anything out of sorts, perhaps your body is heavier. Either way you can afford to go down to a 6000 ish lcg battery and you will save 30+ grams.