R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Should 19t and stock drivers be made to move to mod after wining a big event (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/98416-should-19t-stock-drivers-made-move-mod-after-wining-big-event.html)

bigragu 01-19-2006 10:15 AM

Should 19t and stock drivers be made to move to mod after wining a big event

y should guys who win in stock and 19t stay in that class even after winning big events such as snowbirds / cleveland ext.......they should be pushed to run mod and give us guys who sponser ourselves aka (bigragus deep pockets)
a shot and other lower sponsered guys a shot just my 2 cents....................

GroffBall 01-19-2006 10:18 AM

Only class that people should be bumped out of is Novice otherwise people should be allowed to run what they want.

R40Victim 01-19-2006 10:22 AM

That's why there's more than one main at bigger races. That, and running with faster drivers teaches you how to drive faster... :rolleyes:

bigragu 01-19-2006 10:28 AM

i know all that but thats not the point i do belive the snowbirds has a rule if you win lets say 12th scale stock for two years straight you can not run 12th scale stock the next year do you belive that is fair of does it come down to normal guys just cant get the batteries those guys can

stiltskin 01-19-2006 10:29 AM

If you want to be the best, you have to beat the best. :sneaky: Let'em race.

bigragu 01-19-2006 10:30 AM

i agree with all things being equal

seaball 01-19-2006 11:55 AM

yes, the horse is dead...

Originally Posted by stiltskin
If you want to be the best, you have to beat the best. :sneaky: Let'em race.

exactly! just because the cars move slower, doesn't mean it's not just as difficult to win. if we keep pushing everyone with mad skills (yes, i said mad skills :lol: ) up to mod, then all the other classes become "novice" by default. everybody's won a race or two. the magnitude of the win is defined by who you beat!

additionally, more and more manufacturers are realizing that stock racing sells kits, etc. alot of club guys have no intention of running mod for a number of reasons, and they look to local and national stock racers for advice, etc. most mod setups aren't perfect for stock.

aside - the team stuff is not essential to having a competitive race package. go to any big race and you'll see some average drivers piloting some awesome cars.... frequently into the walls. until you hang with the factory guys, you'll never really believe how often they comment on how good other people's car are. i have picked up others people's cars and have been left in tears from thinking about what they should be capable of.

smyka 01-19-2006 12:00 PM

why should people get forced to move up alot of people that win "big" races still pay for almost everything out of pocket.

Ted B. 01-19-2006 12:02 PM

Are you suggesting a Factory Stock class at big races?

R40Victim 01-19-2006 12:02 PM

Equality in equipment is one thing, hence classes, but you're right in a way. It sux to be hopelessly beatin time and again by the same 2 or 3 guys. That's why our local oval classes are so small, only a couple guys can play on that level. Don't worry about the badasses, just focus on your own skills.

TimPotter 01-19-2006 12:08 PM

Actaully no, Snowbirds does not have that rule. Otherwise Smyka would not be running stock 12th scale this year ( has won 3 in row). This is very polarizing discussion. In the US, at the on road national level, it is left up to integrity to move up. Someone with no integrity can stay and cherry pick all they want. But that is only a small part of it. A National Championship is big business, so if the Manufacturers can "Seed" a main, they will, whether it be Stock or Mod. They take drivers that normally would step up, and enter them in the stock class, so they can ensure a great shot at the win. Lets say one company, like Corally seeds the stock class, what are the other manufacturers to do ? They dont want to let Corally have an easy win...

Originally Posted by bigragu
i know all that but thats not the point i do belive the snowbirds has a rule if you win lets say 12th scale stock for two years straight you can not run 12th scale stock the next year do you belive that is fair of does it come down to normal guys just cant get the batteries those guys can

Smoking motor.. 01-19-2006 12:26 PM

Around and around we go this arguement has been bandied about several time times would sombody fix the search engine.

mtveten 01-19-2006 12:28 PM

Forced to move I would have to go with no, but I think those that are able to dominate over the bulk of the class should want to move up.

The way I see it if you are good enough to finish in the top 20% of the class above and there are only a few guys in the class your in that can truly challenge you its time to move up.

Mark

seaball 01-19-2006 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by TimPotter
it is left up to integrity to move up.

:nod:

busman 01-19-2006 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by mtveten
Forced to move I would have to go with no, but I think those that are able to dominate over the bulk of the class should want to move up.

The way I see it if you are good enough to finish in the top 20% of the class above and there are only a few guys in the class your in that can truly challenge you its time to move up.

Mark

Either that or quit racing altogether nad buy a big screen TV.