R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-24-2006, 08:27 PM   #121
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimPotter
It is all a mute point until someone does something about it.
Tim its MOOT.....With RobK in here and you posting that heís likely to go internet stalker-crazyguy-postal on you.....

This whole issue is one that will never get resolved unless the Racers do something about it....and honestly no one should be forced to move to any class....they should want to move and better themselves, but with guys getting paid to race stock why bother running anything else when you can make the main easily and then collect your 500+ bucks and go to the next race and do the same. The guys racing stock should want to move up and run mod with just how bad the US is getting killed in international events. The mod pool of talented drivers is very stagnant and has been so for quite a few years. Itís now starting to show as most of our faster drivers are getting older and moving on. At the current rate it wont be long until all international races and worlds events donít have a single US driver in the A mains. In the past year I can think of Bobby Flack, Ray Darroch, Mark Smyka and Dave Johnson and others that are not coming to mind right now that have all shown that they can run with the big dogs in mod. It all comes down to how much you want to push yourself. I know that mod isnít raced a bunch in most areas and its hard for guys to get track time that way and thatís why some guys still race stock. Its easier in my area to get more track time racing stock and 19t then mod I think there was 1 time at my local track that mod was raced this carpet season. Its too hard to go to big events and not have had raced mod at all and I know thats why some of the top stock guys are still racing stock. In the end the drivers should be allowed to race what ever class they want.
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 09:00 PM   #122
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimPotter
It is all a mute point until someone does something about it.
I guess it really is a "mute" point since nobody's actually talking here.
Turbo Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 11:48 PM   #123
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin K
I know that mod isnít raced a bunch in most areas and its hard for guys to get track time that way and thatís why some guys still race stock. Its too hard to go to big events and not have had raced mod at all and I know thats why some of the top stock guys are still racing stock.
Good point! IMO
Old 01-25-2006, 02:11 AM   #124
Tech Addict

Let's not forget that it is great fun to race 19 turn and stock. If you're having fun, why move?
andsetinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 06:51 AM   #125
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TimPotter

Kevin, thanks for pointing that out, I have to re-read my posts 5 times now...

Flack and Darroch hae both made the move, and they have shown to be right up there. How many more could make the jump, a bunch of wheels, for sure.

I made a comment about the main at the Snowbirds. Here is my prediction for who will be in it, and tell me what is wrong with the picture.

Not in any order.

Teemu,Jilles,Dresher, A Myrberg, J Myrberg, Simo, Burch, M Hudy, Flack , Paulie.

There are a bunch that will be right there.... but I would have to say from past races, the previous picks are pretty good ones. I didnt put Cyrul in there becuase of the car development.
Clean Title & Escrow|p3|TRF|Tamiya|SerpentAmerica|FSEARA|Team Butter|RC 3|Munno |RCTECH #29|EAMotorsports|BMI|Novak|SpeedPassion|RadioPost
TimPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 06:59 AM   #126
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TimPotter

And what people fail to understand, that at a national level, a ladder system in on-road would only affect a handful of people each year. Yeah, a few.

It does not affect your local club level racing, well it may. Because if people are forced to move up, then they need tp practice what they will be racing, That in turn can help to foster 19t and mod programs at the lower levels. If a few racers have a vested interest in running 19t or mod, that may help to sustain a local 19t or mod program.

Clean Title & Escrow|p3|TRF|Tamiya|SerpentAmerica|FSEARA|Team Butter|RC 3|Munno |RCTECH #29|EAMotorsports|BMI|Novak|SpeedPassion|RadioPost
TimPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 03:48 AM   #127
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigragu
look im not talking about club racing.... im talking the snowbirds ..clevland and national events..........there should be a class for people who have no sponsorship.
I like that idea for major events... But the implying such ruling sounds like a headache for the organisers.

Whats there to stop two friends,(X is full works sponsored and Y is racing off his own funding),X gives his equipment to Y to race. How could the organisers tell its not his car? Then you could have Y racing against others who've not got access to that level of equipment.

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 07:17 PM   #128
Tech Regular

Racing with better driver's will make you a better driver. I've been getting my @$$ kicked for 2 year's, and now i'm right on their heels. Let them stay. Think of how much more satisfied you will feel when you do beat them.
BSR Tires / www.bsr-racing.com
panther420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 01:00 PM   #129
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to seaball

ttt
Old 07-13-2006, 01:31 PM   #130
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Old 07-13-2006, 01:47 PM   #131
Tech Adept

Nobody needs to move up unless the want to. I am sure there are guys that are paid to run stock, and they are very fast, but a lot of people jump up and say that it is not fair and they should move on to 19 turn or mod, the guys that have full rides in stock or are 50 to 75 percent got there for a reason. They are very good at what they do, (not just at there home track) they have put in countless hours of practice and are very good at car setup.
If anything it makes you work harder to get to that point, I was the 2003 ARCOR Master Stock National Points Champion and this is the help I received in doing that------- Me, myself and I and it was thru hard work, practice three times a week,rebuilding motors after three runs if I was lucky but hey that is what I wanted to get out of it and that is why I am in this sport.
BigTrucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 01:51 PM   #132
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

When this thread came out months ago, I had very strong opinion toward guys who run stock and are sponsored. I now have a different view on it. Sponsored should want to move after maybe 2-4 years of stock racing but the thing to remeber is that they represent companies to help sell products " what wins on Sunday sells on Mondays" The biggest problem is club racers and you know who are run mod or 19-turn for club races and then jump down to stock for the trophy race, if your not within the top of the B main at a major event then you really have nothing to complain about
dawgmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 01:53 PM   #133
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaball
ttt
hypothetical...

This weekend at the Summer Sizzler at Scotty's....Say you lose the Stock Foam "A" then you have the 19T "A" coming up and you win that...now what? LOL :P
Old 07-13-2006, 01:55 PM   #134
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to eforer

Chris was bored apparnetly! Nice! Add fuel to the fire.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:03 AM   #135
Suspended

McSmooth is offline   Reply With Quote