R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-24-2006, 02:02 PM   #106
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

No Doubt! When we get him to, he kills us, and shows us just how much we need to improve.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 02:21 PM   #107
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to BONZAIII Send a message via Yahoo to BONZAIII

How about renaming all your classes.Instead of stock, 19t, and mod just call them beginners,slow guys,and fast guys.This should weed out those guys.Then see which class everybody wants to run in.............yeah that should work.
BONZAIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 02:32 PM   #108
JKA
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
Nearly all those whining that they want progression more than likely wouldn't make the show if the top 20 stock guys at Cleveland, the Birds, etc all moved on.
That is probably true. I know I wouldn't. But that only proves that we're not staging this argument in order to win races.

Ever wondered why the europeans and japanese kick our american a$$es at the worlds? I understand there are multiple reasons, but couldn't one of those reasons be because we have so much talent bottlenecked in stock classes?

I don't blame all of the racers. For most I feel its the sponsors decision, and can't blame the racers for listening to them. I know stock wins sell tons of kits too.
JKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 02:59 PM   #109
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKA
That is probably true. I know I wouldn't. But that only proves that we're not staging this argument in order to win races.

Ever wondered why the europeans and japanese kick our american a$$es at the worlds? I understand there are multiple reasons, but couldn't one of those reasons be because we have so much talent bottlenecked in stock classes?

I don't blame all of the racers. For most I feel its the sponsors decision, and can't blame the racers for listening to them. I know stock wins sell tons of kits too.
Remove Masami from the equation, and look at how many World Championships would've been won by Americans. I heard that the 12th scale Worlds in Italy will be on Carpet, is this true? If so more than likely it will be won by an American. TC on that Massive track will probably be won by a European Driver, because they have more experience on giant tracks like that. Perhaps after the 'Birds this year we'll see a return to our (U.S.) dominance. Now that Blackstock, Lemieux etc. aren't running LOSI or AE piles it looks alot more promising.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 03:13 PM   #110
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BONZAIII
How about renaming all your classes.Instead of stock, 19t, and mod just call them beginners,slow guys,and fast guys.This should weed out those guys.Then see which class everybody wants to run in.............yeah that should work.
Out our local track (medium size), we just finished up a new points series where the stock class was split into beginners, novice, expert & pro. In order to move up in class, you had to win your classes A main two weeks in a row. Even for an average showing of 20-25 people (the beginner class started slowly), it seemed to work pretty good for us with several drivers moving up in class as the weeks went by. There was also a 19t class, open to anyone, which we ran maybe two times. However, the majority of drivers focused more on the pro stock class and preserved their tires/$$$ in the end.

A new series will be starting after the birds, and we'll have to see if more drivers are willing to step up to 19t.

BTW, it would take a lot of skill for a driver to run faster with a mod than with a 19t on our track. I'd say at least a regional level pro.
Un-sponsored Shoutout: NexusRacing.com
*** 301 Raceway is my home away from Home ***
teamgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 03:21 PM   #111
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKA
Ever wondered why the europeans and japanese kick our american a$$es at the worlds?
Because Europeans and Japanese are smart
hugovdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 03:22 PM   #112
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
I heard that the 12th scale Worlds in Italy will be on Carpet, is this true? If so more than likely it will be won by an American. TC on that Massive track will probably be won by a European Driver, because they have more experience on giant tracks like that.
Please refer to the results of the IIC in Vegas.

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 03:24 PM   #113
Tech Adept

It seems to me that if a driver wants to progress then he/she will move on. I use to run stock and then when I started winning I needed something that was more of a challenge. For me that was mod. The local guys in stock are no slouches but it's hard to progress when your equal. Running with CD has no doubt made me a better, more consistant and curteous driver. Now stock just isn't any fun. I'd rather not race than race stock.

John, good run Sunday. I'll get you next time.
RTolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 03:41 PM   #114
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

you had a good run! Rubber tires? I might actually have to go the to the TCS race just to watch!
jrighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 03:44 PM   #115
Tech Master

this thread is hilarious. Should Martin Truex JR be forced to run Cup races because he is a 2 time Busch champ? hell no!!!!! get over it guys if you want a shot at winning a big race then you need to practice you ass off, know how to tune your car for the track, be able to at least build a little rip in your motors and last but not least run 25 laps with in a .10th of each other.
davepull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 03:46 PM   #116
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default Moving up.

I think everyone agrees that you cannot keep the ringers out of the stock classes. The sponsers want to make money and if it wins it sells. It should be the best driver who wins. Of course this driver will be limited in sponsorship money if they continue to stay in the stock ranks. If its there dream to make the big bucks and make a name for themselves they will have to make it in the mod ranks. The only way to give the regular driver a fair shake would be to make a sportsman class at the big events(novak, snowbirds). The key would be they could not be sponsored in any way. It would have to be an honor system and companies could not promote or advertise the race results of such a class. It would not be in their best interest to spend money on a class they could not promote.

I dont think there is a perfect way to seperate classes based on sponsorship or abilities. I think whoever goes to a big race knows what they are getting into. They want to test there abilities against the best knowing that there is a large percentage that have outside help. If this is your attitude then everyone is happy.

davesrctracks.net
tomdav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 03:59 PM   #117
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

1. "Take your beating like a man"

Why doesn't anyone apply this logic to those who never move up? As in take some beatings in mod? Or 19t, which brings me to my next point:

2. "from stock straight to mod"

We now have a new invention. It's called a 19 turn motor. They race them at all the big races. What a great concept, an intermediate class.

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 04:38 PM   #118
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default 19t

Gives alot of Factory drivers a second class to run when they dont want to run 1/12 scale.

davesrctracks.net
tomdav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 07:50 PM   #119
Tech Addict

I don't think people should be forced to move to Mod class if they win the 19 or Stock class. I think they should do so voluntarily. Just like everyone should wait for the car they crashed when trying to pass. Racing etiquette is much missing these days.
andsetinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 08:02 PM   #120
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TimPotter

This is a discussion that will go round and round, much like the great shaft vs belt, rubber vs foam.

It is all a moot point until someone does something about it.

Better now
Clean Title & Escrow|p3|TRF|Tamiya|SerpentAmerica|FSEARA|Team Butter|RC 3|Munno |RCTECH #29|EAMotorsports|BMI|Novak|SpeedPassion|RadioPost

Last edited by TimPotter; 01-25-2006 at 06:38 AM.
TimPotter is offline   Reply With Quote