R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-19-2006, 02:38 PM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I've had the big tv for several years now mike. I only gave up racing recently and with all the money I am saving by not racing I am looking forward to a nice long Caribbean vacation this year.

Mark
mtveten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 02:52 PM   #17
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Should 100M Olympic runner after winning the Olympic to run Marathron...?
Should Lance Armstrong need to quit running the Tour De France after his 3rd win and run for the IRON man....?

If you are a A-main racer, you will ended up on A-main no matter who is racing......

For racers like Marc R and Atsushi Hara after winning almost every major races.....we cannot tell them they should race 1/8th. 1/5th or REAL CAR instead of toy car, right...?
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 02:56 PM   #18
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie Solara
Should 100M Olympic runner after winning the Olympic to run Marathron...?
Should Lance Armstrong need to quit running the Tour De France after his 3rd win and run for the IRON man....?

If you are a A-main racer, you will ended up on A-main no matter who is racing......

For racers like Marc R and Atsushi Hara after winning almost every major races.....we cannot tell them they should race 1/8th. 1/5th or REAL CAR instead of toy car, right...?

Rookie-I understand your point, but the way you made it is flawed. Those guys all DID move up. Lance didnt sand bag in the USCF Category 1 to win Primes at local bike races. Mark R and Atsushi are at the top of their game. MArk was a TCS Mini Champion. I dont think he races TCS anymore!! I am sure Atsushi raced stock way back when....
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 03:07 PM   #19
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I don't think they should have to move up but I would like to see ROAR implement an amateur/pro class based system. After 3 or more top finishes in the Amateur ranks they should be forced to move up. Also amateurs shouldn't be allowed to have more than 25% sponsorhip. Implementation would consist of each ROAR member being given a member ID that ROAR tracks.
jamescam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 03:29 PM   #20
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaball
exactly! just because the cars move slower, doesn't mean it's not just as difficult to win. if we keep pushing everyone with mad skills (yes, i said mad skills ) up to mod, then all the other classes become "novice" by default. everybody's won a race or two. the magnitude of the win is defined by who you beat!

additionally, more and more manufacturers are realizing that stock racing sells kits, etc. alot of club guys have no intention of running mod for a number of reasons, and they look to local and national stock racers for advice, etc. most mod setups aren't perfect for stock.

Man of MUCH wisdom.
Old 01-19-2006, 07:07 PM   #21
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

This does not foster the growth of potential future world champions. There's a kid who made the a main at the DHI cup running mod. If he sticks with it, I'm sure he'll do extremely well
rtypec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 07:18 PM   #22
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtveten
I've had the big tv for several years now mike. I only gave up racing recently and with all the money I am saving by not racing I am looking forward to a nice long Caribbean vacation this year.

Mark
Well think of me when you're on the beach with those dusky maidens, umbrella in the drink and the works, but you really should come back and race, just try not to take it too seriously.
Mike
busman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 07:22 PM   #23
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtypec
This does not foster the growth of potential future world champions. There's a kid who made the a main at the DHI cup running mod. If he sticks with it, I'm sure he'll do extremely well

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 07:23 PM   #24
Tech Adept

In this hobby, stock class has been designated for newbies just getting started, to race against the same skilled drivers, so that they do not get discouraged. Leave the stock class for the neophyte. Move up.
KENZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 07:26 PM   #25
Tech Regular

In the area where I race at, the way we found to get someone to move up a class is to insult them with their petty win and constantly ask them, "Ok who did you beat? Were you in the Mod Class(we view this as the premier class, win it then your fast)? Then it doesn't matter." If enough people constantly rag on the few people who constantly dominate those lower classes, then eventually their win will mean nothing to them and they will move up on their own. It has been affective in getting sandbaggers out of the sportsman classes. Again, just my opinion and experience in the racing schene around where I race.

disclaimer: these people we pick on are our friends, not new people to the hobby. We do not act this way towards those we do not already know well enough to do this to. We try to keep it fun for everyone.
T. Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 07:47 PM   #26
Tech Regular

Reason why stock drivers don't move up? coz they will get smashed in that class. why get beat when you can dominate in stock class?

the only way to get them out of stock class is to be better than them and they will soon move on once they know they can't dominate anymore.

oh and it takes years and years of practice and experience to be able to win. i hate it even mroe when people who are NOT GOOD enough to be racing mod or 19t...

Last edited by XingXing; 01-19-2006 at 08:00 PM.
XingXing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 08:31 PM   #27
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

XingXing, is that your final answer?
Old 01-19-2006, 08:36 PM   #28
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigragu
i know all that but thats not the point i do belive the snowbirds has a rule if you win lets say 12th scale stock for two years straight you can not run 12th scale stock the next year do you belive that is fair of does it come down to normal guys just cant get the batteries those guys can

I know in regional tamiya race,if you get into the A main,need not win for the stock class,you will not be alloweed to run stock class the next year...
Ben.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 09:58 AM   #29
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by busman
Well think of me when you're on the beach with those dusky maidens, umbrella in the drink and the works, but you really should come back and race, just try not to take it too seriously.
Mike
For me it was all about fun and progression the only thing I got ever serious about was improving my skills. I quite because I just wasn't having fun anymore. When I got to the track to find somebody took a sharpie to much of my equipment, the only class running is stock and a group of guys spent the day insulting me I realized it just wasn't somewhere I wanted to be.

Mark
mtveten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 10:10 AM   #30
Tech Legend

Your racing tonight !

Don`t even give me excuss`s....

No one to rub you wrong & all...

I mean it !
Oooo ! Forgot.... You don`t race on Fridays ?

I`ll wait just a tick longer, but expect to C you soon...
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote