Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Speed Secrets By Ryan Maker (Book) >

Speed Secrets By Ryan Maker (Book)

Like Tree52Likes

Speed Secrets By Ryan Maker (Book)

Old 05-04-2017, 10:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Ps edward, thank you for taking your precious free time to make that video and sharing your thoughts.
Some people are just gonna be grumpy.
Stein Tumert and lethallee69 like this.
Old 05-05-2017, 12:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Regarding a particular comment, I would also like to take the opportunity again to thank Edward. He shares all this with the RC Community at no cost, and does the whole industry an awesome service, charging nothing for his time! He has done a lot of awesome reviews

Originally Posted by catfat
Its on petit rc for you to download

Originally Posted by valk
Ill be honest, the book is short and sweet with emphasis on building and what the different setup items can accomplish. Some of them are opposite to what i have been taught since day one so interested to try things out after reading the book.

As a more intermediate racer im not sure i personally get the full value from this book but a novice racer who really has no idea about car setup, they should definitely have it.
I definitely took a few points from it that i now apply to my program so worthwhile for sure.

The book wont really make you faster as a driver and he says himself you have to be able to drive the car.
but it will make you more critical about car assembly and maintenance which helps with consistancy ect.

Ryan is also a standup guy. My original order never arrived, prob lost in mail system but he sent me a new one ems at his cost. Ems costing as much as he book aus => canada.
Thanks Valk, sorry about that - post can be luck of the draw sometimes. I will always bend over backwards to make sure everyone gets what they pay for Thanks a lot for the comments!! The book is definitely directed towards car preparation and setup - as this is the only aspect of R/C that I believe can be improved solely through reading and application
Professor and Stein Tumert like this.
Old 05-05-2017, 01:06 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by valk
Ill be honest, the book is short and sweet with emphasis on building and what the different setup items can accomplish. Some of them are opposite to what i have been taught since day one so interested to try things out after reading the book.

As a more intermediate racer im not sure i personally get the full value from this book but a novice racer who really has no idea about car setup, they should definitely have it.
I definitely took a few points from it that i now apply to my program so worthwhile for sure.

The book wont really make you faster as a driver and he says himself you have to be able to drive the car.
but it will make you more critical about car assembly and maintenance which helps with consistancy ect.

Ryan is also a standup guy. My original order never arrived, prob lost in mail system but he sent me a new one ems at his cost. Ems costing as much as he book aus => canada.
question: did any one receive a tracking number on their order?
did it ever make it to you door step?
Old 05-05-2017, 01:12 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by OVA
question: did any one receive a tracking number on their order?
did it ever make it to you door step?
Hey OVA, the standard post option has no tracking, but I haven't had many issues (one was Valk's). Some do take longer than others due to customs etc.

Either PM me or Email me ([email protected]) with your details and I will check it out for you.

Cheers!
Old 05-05-2017, 08:36 AM
Tech Addict

Just got Ryan's book up to Germany. Many thanks.
Great book! Recommended.

Drift_Buggy likes this.
Old 05-05-2017, 08:41 AM
Tech Adept

Default Shipping

How long did the shipping take? Mine is still on its way...

Regards

Andy

Originally Posted by Stein Tumert
Great book! Recommended.

Old 05-05-2017, 09:31 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by AndreasHerold

Regards

Andy
What was shipping cost to Germany?
Old 05-05-2017, 01:04 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by AndreasHerold

Regards

Andy

Around 2 weeks I think...
Old 05-05-2017, 05:04 PM
Tech Regular

Mine took about 10 days to Canada.

I found the book to be quite interesting. Some stuff I already knew, and quite a bit I never thought about. I would say that it is a must read for anyone starting with the hobby. I found that it gave me pretty good insights on setup "what if?" that I don't always have time to try while at the track. Of course you do have to test it yourself to get the feeling, but it helps to prioritize changes to try when your track time is limited.

Martin Paradis
JC3 likes this.
Old 05-05-2017, 06:57 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by PizzaDude
What was shipping cost to Germany?
Regular un-tracked shipping to Germany is $9.95AUD and takes around 2 weeks as Stein commented.

Originally Posted by rhodopsine
Mine took about 10 days to Canada.

I found the book to be quite interesting. Some stuff I already knew, and quite a bit I never thought about. I would say that it is a must read for anyone starting with the hobby. I found that it gave me pretty good insights on setup "what if?" that I don't always have time to try while at the track. Of course you do have to test it yourself to get the feeling, but it helps to prioritize changes to try when your track time is limited.

Martin Paradis
Thanks a lot for the feedback Martin! For sure, nothing beats implementing all these new techniques - chances are you will improve a lot moving forward!

Originally Posted by Stein Tumert
Great book! Recommended.

Thanks a lot Stein!
Old 05-06-2017, 12:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by niznai
Gawd almighty, please don't!

That is the worst review I have seen in my life. No real information about the book (apart from the fact that it is very awesome). It didn't even show a page with the fantastic pictures he keeps telling us about. Take a peek even on Amazon and you'll find better reviews and even sample pages of the books you're looking at. Two minutes of introduction before getting to the point in a 5 minute video! Jeez.

Hope the author didn't pay anything for that review, or he deserves his money back and heartfelt apologies Heck, I feel I deserve apologies for having watched some of it (couldn't sit through the whole thing on account of the cringing taking place).
FLOG
Professor likes this.
Old 10-08-2017, 09:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Ordered mine today, can't wait to get my hands on it!
Ryan Maker likes this.
Old 07-06-2018, 07:34 AM
Tech Rookie

Bought the book!
Old 12-06-2018, 05:41 PM
Tech Master

Just ordered the book hope it’s as good as you guys say I need all the help I can get.
Old 12-07-2018, 11:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I'm so tempted to buy...but I'm not sure if this is the right book for me. I'm an intermediate driver and know a thing or two about setup. Is there anything that isn't covered by rctech or the many setup manual/guide such as Hudy and Xray? I'm sure it's a great book but I've done a lot of reading on rctech.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.