Wiki Posts
Search

Pinion / spur match Tamiya

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2017, 10:46 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Pinion / spur match Tamiya

Hi

I don't fully understand the gearing properly and need some help please.

Basically can i run at 40T 48P pinion on the Tamiya high speed spur? Which i believe is a 0.6 module 68T spur.

I am too new to this forum to post links to what i would like to run. However the pinion is on ebay uk item number 381517733818

Can this be done? Or do i need to get a 0.6 module pinion?

Any help would be most appreciated
Old 03-24-2017, 10:51 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

.6 module pinion as well. It will not run quite right without it.

I would just upgrade your spur to a normal 48P spur gear.
Old 03-24-2017, 11:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Pope, let us know what model kit or car that you have. I assume based on your post, that you may be running a Tamiya TT-02 kit. If that is the case, you might want to check out this thread for more info on that car...

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...02-thread.html

----------

Many of the entry level Tamiya kits come with 0.6 module gears. If you are looking for a 0.6 module pinion gear in a size that Tamiya doesn't make/offer, HPI also makes 0.6 pinion gears. The HPI E10 kit also came with 0.6m gears. Here is a link on their website with gear sizes/parts numbers...

#88034 PINION GEAR 34 TOOTH (0.6M)
Old 03-24-2017, 02:03 PM
Tech Rookie

[QUOTE=IndyRC_Racer;14879528]Pope, let us know what model kit or car that you have. I assume based on your post, that you may be running a Tamiya TT-02 kit. If that is the case, you might want to check out this thread for more info on that car...

----------

Many of the entry level Tamiya kits come with 0.6 module gears. If you are looking for a 0.6 module pinion gear in a size that Tamiya doesn't make/offer, HPI also makes 0.6 pinion gears. The HPI E10 kit also came with 0.6m gears. Here is a link on their website with gear sizes/parts numbers...

Thank you,

Yes i have a TT02. Thanks to your help i have just ordered the 34T pinion so should get a nice bit of extra speed. Got a Yeah Racing adjustable mount on the way so shouldn't have any issues fitting this. Just hope i haven't got to mess about cutting the gear casing out but we'll see.

Thank you once again