Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree59Likes

2017 International Indoor Championships (iic) Las Vegas October 1-6

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2017, 09:23 AM
Tech Master

Could somebody tell me if the race main schedule is same in every years or could change?
In fact i want bring 2 cars to run 3 classes.
From result of last year, https://iic.liverc.com/results/, i could see in case i run amateur and stock with same car with 21.5 motor. So the 2nd car with 17.5 motor has only 2 choices to switch 1, super stock or GT, i like run superstock, unfortunately it is among Amateur and Stock of last year, so probably GT is the choice.
Old 06-17-2017, 12:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mac853
Could somebody tell me if the race main schedule is same in every years or could change?
From result of last year, https://iic.liverc.com/results/, i could see in case i run amateur and stock with same car with 21.5 motor. So the 2nd car with 17.5 motor has only 2 choices to switch 1, super stock or GT, i like run superstock, unfortunately it is among Amateur and Stock of last year, so probably GT is the choice.
Resorts occur throughout the race week affecting the ordering of the qualifying and race groups; so, you cannot plan on anything using the race results.
Old 06-17-2017, 01:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

All, What is Spec GT? Is that WGT-R?
Old 06-17-2017, 01:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
All, What is Spec GT? Is that WGT-R?
Spec GT is a touring car class that runs GT bodies, spec tires (I think it was the Gravity USGT tire last year) and is a handout motor / esc combo. Think USGT class. Tekin has been the supplier since it started. You are "borrowing" brand new Tekin Spec Gen 2 esc's and Tekin motors. All motors are set to be as equal as possible and you cannot adjust timing. There was a also a set FDR you could not go below (so people wouldn't burn up the motors). At the end of the race weekend you handed back over the esc and motor or you could buy the set. Was $ 120.00 last year. Was 17.5 last year but with the change to 21.5 for stock and amateur sedan classes, good chance this class will go 21.5 also.

Panda
Old 06-17-2017, 01:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Still Bill
Resorts occur throughout the race week affecting the ordering of the qualifying and race groups; so, you cannot plan on anything using the race results.
Well, I want to ask Scotty, but probably he would be doubted try answer me.
I could see is better to run Amateur and Stock with the only car, due i could see many people would join both races too and i believe Scotty would separate it purposely.
Old 06-17-2017, 01:58 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
Spec GT is a touring car class that runs GT bodies, spec tires (I think it was the Gravity USGT tire last year) and is a handout motor / esc combo. Think USGT class. Tekin has been the supplier since it started. You are "borrowing" brand new Tekin Spec Gen 2 esc's and Tekin motors. All motors are set to be as equal as possible and you cannot adjust timing. There was a also a set FDR you could not go below (so people wouldn't burn up the motors). At the end of the race weekend you handed back over the esc and motor or you could buy the set. Was $ 120.00 last year. Was 17.5 last year but with the change to 21.5 for stock and amateur sedan classes, good chance this class will go 21.5 also.

Panda
I remember last year FDR is also fixed, seems 4.7.
If this year use 21.5 therefore would be lower.
Old 06-17-2017, 07:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mac853
Last year, the classes stayed in the same order through all of qualifying. Depending on how you run, you will move to different qualifiers, but within the same group of races. i.e Amateur stock were quals. 21-24

I think the only thing you would need to change, using the same car for both stock classes, are the tires. Each class of TC had a different color code for their tires (same exact tires), so you can't run the same tire in both classes.
Old 06-17-2017, 10:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mooby64
Last year, the classes stayed in the same order through all of qualifying. Depending on how you run, you will move to different qualifiers, but within the same group of races. i.e Amateur stock were quals. 21-24

I think the only thing you would need to change, using the same car for both stock classes, are the tires. Each class of TC had a different color code for their tires (same exact tires), so you can't run the same tire in both classes.
That's not problem, i could put tires soaking with compound and put in warmers whenever run in other class.
The other problem is that i doubt run 2(Ama+stock) or 3(+s.stock or SpecGT) classes then ignite problem to bring 1 or 2 chassis, therefore i am asking if the race schedule could allow me to do that or not.
That's why i am asking S. stock or spec gt is better for me to add, in fact i like running 17.5 motors.
Old 06-18-2017, 05:21 PM
Tech Master

Previous years, Amateur could run their handout motor in Stock so all that needed to be changed was tires. This year, both classes will have handout motors and they may not be the same. Plan on changing motors and tires between amateur and stock. Spec GT had a list of bodies that could be used restricted gear ratio, handout motor and ESC plus tires. I would plan on a dedicated car for Spec GT.
Old 06-19-2017, 12:37 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by HB Moose
Previous years, Amateur could run their handout motor in Stock so all that needed to be changed was tires. This year, both classes will have handout motors and they may not be the same. Plan on changing motors and tires between amateur and stock. Spec GT had a list of bodies that could be used restricted gear ratio, handout motor and ESC plus tires. I would plan on a dedicated car for Spec GT.
I don't care Ama and Sto run different brand motors.
Since Scotty would announce it earlier, then i could have enough time to purchase another ESC, in case is not Orca anymore.
My most concerned is ama motor would not be 21.5, then can caused gearing problem, change spur gear take times.
Old 06-19-2017, 02:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Would appreciate knowing the rules for WGT to decide if I shall participate this year.

My WGT has not been on a track for nearly two years (three since its last IIC); and, its cost to update may be beyond my budget having already blown several hundred dollars updating my two WGT-R cars in anticipation of that class being offered again.

Many thanks.
Old 06-19-2017, 06:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Originally Posted by Still Bill
Would appreciate knowing the rules for WGT to decide if I shall participate this year.

My WGT has not been on a track for nearly two years (three since its last IIC); and, its cost to update may be beyond my budget having already blown several hundred dollars updating my two WGT-R cars in anticipation of that class being offered again.

Many thanks.
Scotty was at ets this past weekend. I would imagine an update on this soon.
Old 06-19-2017, 07:06 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Johnny Carey
Scotty was at ets this past weekend. I would imagine an update on this soon.
Now he goes to HK, so busy!
Old 06-19-2017, 07:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

how much is entry this year?
Old 06-19-2017, 08:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
how much is entry this year?
2 classes cost $309 when I checked last.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.