Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Micro Rolling problem???

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2002, 08:51 PM
Tech Adept

Default Micro Rolling problem???

I just finished my micro. It doesn't roll freely and I can't figure out why. I have a ball dif in the rear and a one-way in the front. and Steel Universals up front. All are HPI. I also put in Alum Steering Knuckles from Top cuz I seen so many people Break the plastic ones. I'm using Pro-match 6 cells packs and an HPI mod motor witha Hitec HS-81 MG Micro Servo. It runs fine other than the rolling issue. Which is killing my run time and performance. The only thing I noticed is the wheel hubs rub the inside so I demeled them out and rolls better now any one else have these problems. aor anything else that caused this nasty binding please help. Thanks, Rob
Old 11-20-2002, 11:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

Not sure if this could be it, but check your belt pulleys. The only time mine would run slow was when the belt would pick up little bits of dirt & pack it into the pulley. Pick the bits out with a toothpick & all is back to normal.

Denney
Old 11-21-2002, 12:19 AM
Tech Adept

IT's Brand NEw Never run! I dremeled out the inside of the wheel hubs and it rolls fine now
I ran today this thing is cool
HPI Mod MOTOR SUCKSASS!! No faster than the stock with less throttle response.

Picking up a Peak Performance Chubby & Elite MOd