Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree187Likes

Xpress Execute XQ1 TC

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2017, 10:00 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Anyone got theirs yet? The car has been out for a month in Hong Kong and my brother just bit the bullet and bought the kit.

He was busy so asked me help him start building it for him. I built the bulkheads, front spool, rear diff, installed the belts and mounted the arms. Everything went together ok, was satisfying to slide the bulkhead into the keyed slot on the chassis....but thats about it. The quality of the cars is OK, nothing to call home about, and surely does not justify the $410 sticker price.

Not to mention there are a lot of manufacturing defects, the aforementioned ball cups being made of inferior material and now the shock bodies not machined to spec and the spring collar does not thread onto the shock body properly and have excessive play. Xpress are going to be replacing all of these defects and sure, we can run another set of shocks from my spare car for now, but this shouldnt happen on a kit of this price point. The manual doesnt even come with the car, thankfully they just released it online.
Old 08-18-2017, 10:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Pre Order.

Xpress Execute XQ1 1/10 Competition Grade Electric Touring Car Kit #XP-90003 <font color=Red><b>PRE ORDER,
Old 08-18-2017, 11:00 AM
Tech Elite

If they fix these early production issues this car could be quite nice.
Old 08-18-2017, 10:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (60%+)
Default Manufacturing issues

I could see these issues being fixed quickly and in a timely manner. What option parts will be available and when will they be available is the question.
Old 08-20-2017, 06:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by disaster999
Anyone got theirs yet? The car has been out for a month in Hong Kong and my brother just bit the bullet and bought the kit.

He was busy so asked me help him start building it for him. I built the bulkheads, front spool, rear diff, installed the belts and mounted the arms. Everything went together ok, was satisfying to slide the bulkhead into the keyed slot on the chassis....but thats about it. The quality of the cars is OK, nothing to call home about, and surely does not justify the $410 sticker price.

Not to mention there are a lot of manufacturing defects, the aforementioned ball cups being made of inferior material and now the shock bodies not machined to spec and the spring collar does not thread onto the shock body properly and have excessive play. Xpress are going to be replacing all of these defects and sure, we can run another set of shocks from my spare car for now, but this shouldnt happen on a kit of this price point. The manual doesnt even come with the car, thankfully they just released it online.
My build went together very nicely and none of the above faults were apparent. I know of 2 other builds that went together perfect. Yours is the first. And the company spent a lot of time making sure quality control was on point.hence the extended release. When you are comparing the plastics what are you comparing them to? Tamiya? Yokomo? Vbc? Then they are better.Xray, awesomatix then no. But that is where the kit is price pointed.
Old 08-20-2017, 06:19 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by racer034life
I could see these issues being fixed quickly and in a timely manner. What option parts will be available and when will they be available is the question.
The first option available is a 1.6mm top deck for lower grip conditions and a sway bar kit with different thicknesses for tuning. Car in kit form is fully optioned and very quick and capable without any need for hop ups.

Last edited by Lionel S; 08-20-2017 at 06:34 AM.
Old 08-20-2017, 01:18 PM
Tech Addict

FYI: Xpress XQ1 Manual & Setup Sheets
Marcos.J likes this.
Old 08-20-2017, 06:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Lionel S
When you are comparing the plastics what are you comparing them to? Tamiya? Yokomo? Vbc? Then they are better.Xray, awesomatix then no. But that is where the kit is price pointed.
I think the Yok plastics are better than the XQ1's and with regards to the fit and finish it's still lacking a little bit but that may be because I have a pre-release version. If the front C-hub and front arm fit was alright, I don't think folks would be needing to do below to their cars. The sort of movement I had before I did the same conversion was very like what I have on my Tamiya Tb Evo6 now.

from https://www.facebook.com/rctecracing/
Old 08-20-2017, 09:45 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by Lionel S
My build went together very nicely and none of the above faults were apparent. I know of 2 other builds that went together perfect. Yours is the first. And the company spent a lot of time making sure quality control was on point.hence the extended release. When you are comparing the plastics what are you comparing them to? Tamiya? Yokomo? Vbc? Then they are better.Xray, awesomatix then no. But that is where the kit is price pointed.
The arms and hubs are fine. Im talking about the plastic ball cups for the turnbuckles. They already acknowledged the defect and will replace them. So is the shocks, we already got the replacement shock bodies and they are perfect.

The kit is most certainly not priced where is should be. With its price I could get SMJ (infinity) or WRC or Tamiya with a lot better finish in their metal parts.

The performance however do make up for the short comings in the kit as it does handle pretty well. There are a lot of other tips and tricks we are testing at the track and a lot of them are pretty positive.
Old 08-21-2017, 03:18 AM
Tech Regular

Car will impress once out there. Im positive of that. A lot of the cost went into design and production of the bulkheads and caps. Being one piece in design production costs are a lot higher.
Old 08-21-2017, 03:38 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by disaster999
The arms and hubs are fine. Im talking about the plastic ball cups for the turnbuckles. They already acknowledged the defect and will replace them. So is the shocks, we already got the replacement shock bodies and they are perfect.

The kit is most certainly not priced where is should be. With its price I could get SMJ (infinity) or WRC or Tamiya with a lot better finish in their metal parts.

The performance however do make up for the short comings in the kit as it does handle pretty well. There are a lot of other tips and tricks we are testing at the track and a lot of them are pretty positive.
Be forgiven and give time for Xpress to growth. I believe many years later, Xpress quality can reach SMC, WRC, Tamiya. Business is business, how can they survive if Xpress do not mark up high for the price tag. We all have family to feed. We need more exciting design and Xpress it is.... you buy the Xpress you should not expect it is another Tamiya, Yokomo, Xray,infinity.....
Old 08-21-2017, 05:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WagwanBumba
I think the Yok plastics are better than the XQ1's and with regards to the fit and finish it's still lacking a little bit but that may be because I have a pre-release version. If the front C-hub and front arm fit was alright, I don't think folks would be needing to do below to their cars. The sort of movement I had before I did the same conversion was very like what I have on my Tamiya Tb Evo6 now.

from https://www.facebook.com/rctecracing/
Who makes those double turnbuckle links
Old 08-21-2017, 06:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Just be aware a lot of the kits people are talking about were pre-production kits. I've had no issues with mine. The fit and finish of the metal parts are superb in my opinion - far exceeded my expectation. I was particularly impressed with the way the one-piece bulkheads keyed into the chassis. The diff is super smooth and totally leak free.

Having owned Yokomos for the last 4 years, I actually thought the quality of the Xpress was better than the Yokomo. My BD8 had a score mark inside one of the shock bodies, diffs that leak no matter how you build them, spool cups that wore quickly. My RTC rear arms needed an extra 0.3mm worth of shims to take up the slop (compared to non-RTC rear arms)!

So far I have zero regrets moving from Yokomo to Xpress.
Old 08-21-2017, 06:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rhett McNair
It's from the Xpress mini
JatoTheRipper likes this.
Old 08-21-2017, 06:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rhett McNair
for Xpresso K1 M1 #XP-10003, ,(XP-10003) by Xpress 4.8mm Ball End & Suspension Parts

Xpress themselves

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.