R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree12Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-10-2017, 11:00 PM   #46
Regional Moderator
 
disaster999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 3,179
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Anyone got theirs yet? The car has been out for a month in Hong Kong and my brother just bit the bullet and bought the kit.


He was busy so asked me help him start building it for him. I built the bulkheads, front spool, rear diff, installed the belts and mounted the arms. Everything went together ok, was satisfying to slide the bulkhead into the keyed slot on the chassis....but thats about it. The quality of the cars is OK, nothing to call home about, and surely does not justify the $410 sticker price.

Not to mention there are a lot of manufacturing defects, the aforementioned ball cups being made of inferior material and now the shock bodies not machined to spec and the spring collar does not thread onto the shock body properly and have excessive play. Xpress are going to be replacing all of these defects and sure, we can run another set of shocks from my spare car for now, but this shouldnt happen on a kit of this price point. The manual doesnt even come with the car, thankfully they just released it online.
disaster999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 11:17 AM   #47
Tech Addict
 
rimracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Southington CT
Posts: 683
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Pre Order.

Xpress Execute XQ1 1/10 Competition Grade Electric Touring Car Kit #XP-90003 <font color=Red><b>PRE ORDER,
rimracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 12:00 PM   #48
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 592
Default

If they fix these early production issues this car could be quite nice.
__________________
TC(17.5) - USGT - F1(21.5) - 12th(17.5) - USGT(FWD) - VTA
--MTC1----T4'17----X1'15-------X12'17-------FF17--------TA07
DavidNERODease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 11:09 PM   #49
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Springfield OHIO
Posts: 563
Send a message via AIM to racer034life
Default Manufacturing issues

I could see these issues being fixed quickly and in a timely manner. What option parts will be available and when will they be available is the question.
racer034life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 07:14 AM   #50
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 303
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaster999 View Post
Anyone got theirs yet? The car has been out for a month in Hong Kong and my brother just bit the bullet and bought the kit.


He was busy so asked me help him start building it for him. I built the bulkheads, front spool, rear diff, installed the belts and mounted the arms. Everything went together ok, was satisfying to slide the bulkhead into the keyed slot on the chassis....but thats about it. The quality of the cars is OK, nothing to call home about, and surely does not justify the $410 sticker price.

Not to mention there are a lot of manufacturing defects, the aforementioned ball cups being made of inferior material and now the shock bodies not machined to spec and the spring collar does not thread onto the shock body properly and have excessive play. Xpress are going to be replacing all of these defects and sure, we can run another set of shocks from my spare car for now, but this shouldnt happen on a kit of this price point. The manual doesnt even come with the car, thankfully they just released it online.
My build went together very nicely and none of the above faults were apparent. I know of 2 other builds that went together perfect. Yours is the first. And the company spent a lot of time making sure quality control was on point.hence the extended release. When you are comparing the plastics what are you comparing them to? Tamiya? Yokomo? Vbc? Then they are better.Xray, awesomatix then no. But that is where the kit is price pointed.
Lionel S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 07:19 AM   #51
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 303
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer034life View Post
I could see these issues being fixed quickly and in a timely manner. What option parts will be available and when will they be available is the question.
The first option available is a 1.6mm top deck for lower grip conditions and a sway bar kit with different thicknesses for tuning. Car in kit form is fully optioned and very quick and capable without any need for hop ups.

Last edited by Lionel S; 08-20-2017 at 07:34 AM.
Lionel S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 02:18 PM   #52
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 495
Default

FYI: Xpress XQ1 Manual & Setup Sheets
Marcos.J likes this.
Arn0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 07:01 PM   #53
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 683
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionel S View Post
When you are comparing the plastics what are you comparing them to? Tamiya? Yokomo? Vbc? Then they are better.Xray, awesomatix then no. But that is where the kit is price pointed.
I think the Yok plastics are better than the XQ1's and with regards to the fit and finish it's still lacking a little bit but that may be because I have a pre-release version. If the front C-hub and front arm fit was alright, I don't think folks would be needing to do below to their cars. The sort of movement I had before I did the same conversion was very like what I have on my Tamiya Tb Evo6 now.


from https://www.facebook.com/rctecracing/
__________________
On-Road - Xray T4'17 / Serpent 4-X / Tamiya Exo6 / Roche P12 & F1 / Schumacher Mi6Evo / Awesomatix A800 / Xpress XQ1
4WD - Kyosho ZX6 / Yokomo YZ4 *** eBuggy - Tekno EB48SL
2WD - AE B5M (XFactory Chassis) / Kyosho RB6 / TLR 22 2.0 / Yokomo YZ2
SCT - Tekno SCT410 / Losi 22SCT 2.0
WagwanBumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 10:45 PM   #54
Regional Moderator
 
disaster999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 3,179
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionel S View Post
My build went together very nicely and none of the above faults were apparent. I know of 2 other builds that went together perfect. Yours is the first. And the company spent a lot of time making sure quality control was on point.hence the extended release. When you are comparing the plastics what are you comparing them to? Tamiya? Yokomo? Vbc? Then they are better.Xray, awesomatix then no. But that is where the kit is price pointed.
The arms and hubs are fine. Im talking about the plastic ball cups for the turnbuckles. They already acknowledged the defect and will replace them. So is the shocks, we already got the replacement shock bodies and they are perfect.

The kit is most certainly not priced where is should be. With its price I could get SMJ (infinity) or WRC or Tamiya with a lot better finish in their metal parts.

The performance however do make up for the short comings in the kit as it does handle pretty well. There are a lot of other tips and tricks we are testing at the track and a lot of them are pretty positive.
disaster999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 04:18 AM   #55
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 303
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Car will impress once out there. Im positive of that. A lot of the cost went into design and production of the bulkheads and caps. Being one piece in design production costs are a lot higher.
Lionel S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 04:38 AM   #56
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 77
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaster999 View Post
The arms and hubs are fine. Im talking about the plastic ball cups for the turnbuckles. They already acknowledged the defect and will replace them. So is the shocks, we already got the replacement shock bodies and they are perfect.

The kit is most certainly not priced where is should be. With its price I could get SMJ (infinity) or WRC or Tamiya with a lot better finish in their metal parts.

The performance however do make up for the short comings in the kit as it does handle pretty well. There are a lot of other tips and tricks we are testing at the track and a lot of them are pretty positive.
Be forgiven and give time for Xpress to growth. I believe many years later, Xpress quality can reach SMC, WRC, Tamiya. Business is business, how can they survive if Xpress do not mark up high for the price tag. We all have family to feed. We need more exciting design and Xpress it is.... you buy the Xpress you should not expect it is another Tamiya, Yokomo, Xray,infinity.....
Smashrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 06:21 AM   #57
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 254
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WagwanBumba View Post
I think the Yok plastics are better than the XQ1's and with regards to the fit and finish it's still lacking a little bit but that may be because I have a pre-release version. If the front C-hub and front arm fit was alright, I don't think folks would be needing to do below to their cars. The sort of movement I had before I did the same conversion was very like what I have on my Tamiya Tb Evo6 now.


from https://www.facebook.com/rctecracing/
Who makes those double turnbuckle links
Rhett McNair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 07:01 AM   #58
Tech Master
 
veecee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 1,439
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Just be aware a lot of the kits people are talking about were pre-production kits. I've had no issues with mine. The fit and finish of the metal parts are superb in my opinion - far exceeded my expectation. I was particularly impressed with the way the one-piece bulkheads keyed into the chassis. The diff is super smooth and totally leak free.

Having owned Yokomos for the last 4 years, I actually thought the quality of the Xpress was better than the Yokomo. My BD8 had a score mark inside one of the shock bodies, diffs that leak no matter how you build them, spool cups that wore quickly. My RTC rear arms needed an extra 0.3mm worth of shims to take up the slop (compared to non-RTC rear arms)!

So far I have zero regrets moving from Yokomo to Xpress.
__________________
SMOKEM --- XPRESS --- MONTECH --- SRT
veecee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 07:03 AM   #59
Tech Master
 
veecee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 1,439
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett McNair View Post
Who makes those double turnbuckle links
It's from the Xpress mini
JatoTheRipper likes this.
__________________
SMOKEM --- XPRESS --- MONTECH --- SRT
veecee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 07:21 AM   #60
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 683
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett McNair View Post
Who makes those double turnbuckle links
for Xpresso K1 M1 #XP-10003, ,(XP-10003) by Xpress 4.8mm Ball End & Suspension Parts

Xpress themselves
__________________
On-Road - Xray T4'17 / Serpent 4-X / Tamiya Exo6 / Roche P12 & F1 / Schumacher Mi6Evo / Awesomatix A800 / Xpress XQ1
4WD - Kyosho ZX6 / Yokomo YZ4 *** eBuggy - Tekno EB48SL
2WD - AE B5M (XFactory Chassis) / Kyosho RB6 / TLR 22 2.0 / Yokomo YZ2
SCT - Tekno SCT410 / Losi 22SCT 2.0
WagwanBumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:57 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net