Xpress Execute XQ1 TC >

Xpress Execute XQ1 TC

Like Tree187Likes

Xpress Execute XQ1 TC

Old 06-04-2020, 03:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gigaplex
I still haven't got to the bottom of why, but my XQ1 mid has torque steer issues, and my XQ10 does not. If you just asked me, I'd say go for the XQ10 without hesitation, but it's possible I've got a defective part somewhere. My XQ1 doesn't have the issue when using the rear motor configuration. You could also just stick with the rear config if it's working fine for you.

As for what's actually different between the two cars? The main differences are the lower profile shocks, split bulkheads, new steering rack geometry, and the pulley/symmetric top deck layout.
Torque steer? With what kind of motor?
Old 06-04-2020, 05:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by s14_tat
Based on what I am reading, it really isn't a game changer right? I mean my issue is still consistency.. I am in the 80's percentage wise. So this is supposed to make it easier to drive right?
I found the rear motor car is easier to drive consistently and the mid motor is easier to get a hot lap. If consistency is your problem, stick with rear until your consistency is 95+.
s14_tat likes this.
Old 06-04-2020, 05:31 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Airwave
Torque steer? With what kind of motor?
Any motor. It's worse with a 13.5 but it does it with a 21.5 too. It pulls one way when accelerating, the opposite way under brakes. I've checked tweak, droop, weight distribution, bent or binding parts, still haven't got to the bottom of it.
Old 06-05-2020, 06:50 PM
Tech Elite

Don't understand how a transversal motor would generate this kind of effect, the rotor should act more like a gyroscope and prevent the car to turn...
Old 06-05-2020, 08:59 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Airwave
Don't understand how a transversal motor would generate this kind of effect, the rotor should act more like a gyroscope and prevent the car to turn...
I'm not suggesting it's caused by the torque effects of the motor, I was just describing the symptoms. It could be the asymmetric top deck flexing in weird ways. Even my old TC3 doesn't suffer this problem.

One point of interest was that when I asked the Xpress team why the mid spool moved the belt to the centre, their response was that it eliminates torque steer.
Old 06-06-2020, 08:11 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by gigaplex
I'm not suggesting it's caused by the torque effects of the motor, I was just describing the symptoms. It could be the asymmetric top deck flexing in weird ways. Even my old TC3 doesn't suffer this problem.

One point of interest was that when I asked the Xpress team why the mid spool moved the belt to the centre, their response was that it eliminates torque steer.
lolz, it created the very problem they were trying to solve that wasn't even there to begin with.
Old 06-06-2020, 08:51 AM
Tech Elite

.What?
Old 07-04-2021, 08:58 AM
Tech Adept

Old 07-04-2021, 08:59 AM
Tech Adept

Liking the new low center of gravity look fod the xq10 by x-square canít wait to try it. It will fit the xq1 but you will need newer shorter shocks