Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Most Powerful 21.5T, 17.5T, and 13.5T Motors? >

Most Powerful 21.5T, 17.5T, and 13.5T Motors?

Like Tree85Likes

Most Powerful 21.5T, 17.5T, and 13.5T Motors?

Old 06-18-2019, 06:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87 View Post
That was just from a little keyboard rust, and if you watch the Cmain you will see that I was getting better before my front wheel fell off...I am correct for paying attention to my builds since that's what's causing me not to finish...I have since upgraded the body, and solved all the problems before the track canceled the summer series on me: I guess they were too afraid of my consistency going up...lol...Just remember that you learn more from your failures than you do from your wins !!! I must also say that if you want more wheel time and increased consistency, then go race 10th scale nitro cars !!! No need to worry about rotor inertia there...lol...
I did remember reading somewhere that the motor shafts have very little inertia, so multiplying that by 2.55 to get to the tungsten rotor inertia should not be such a big deal but it will be the max rotor inertia possible....
I see your logic now.. a new body will keep the tire from falling off. Very clever Bert, very clever
DaSilva3525 and gigaplex like this.
Old 06-18-2019, 08:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

great points on both sides. if you look at all the things you do to the car to get responsiveness, traction, control or most importantly for someone trying to go faster....comfort. Im saying dont go bananas on rotor inertia or go out and buy the best motor. well let me back up....Im saying practice but everything you tune on a chassis is a direct effect of acceleration, speed, and mass. whether its the latest and greatest or old trusty at the intersect of comfort, speed, and traction is the motor. you can have a systematic regimented motor gear train setup procedure or you can understand the science or both and the answer isnt exclusive to only one way , even in its simplest form the motor is not just about being the fastest.

Motors are one of the few things prescribed in stock racing. Im sure everyone can name a few reason why but at a minimum its because they are important. There is only 2 ways to set them up. By measuring the system performance as a whole with a clock and/or understanding how each piece of the system works...this is setup. Practice and setup can happen together but I prefer to practice with a car that is setup,

Last edited by Bry195; 06-18-2019 at 08:29 PM.
Old 06-18-2019, 10:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Here are my (tungsten free) Fr1-v3 21.5t numbers: lots of torque, rpms a bit low with the steel rotor shaft...It should rev higher with the mod. We'll see....
Old 06-18-2019, 11:23 PM
OVA
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Here are my (tungsten free) Fr1-v3 21.5t numbers: lots of torque, rpms a bit low with the steel rotor shaft...It should rev higher with the mod. We'll see....[/QUOTE]

No Matter what you have for motor
You still need to drive consistency that is the fact the prove you are fast...
Fast motor only give the top driver just an edge to win...………..
Old 06-19-2019, 06:28 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 225 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OVA View Post
Here are my (tungsten free) Fr1-v3 21.5t numbers: lots of torque, rpms a bit low with the steel rotor shaft...It should rev higher with the mod. We'll see....
with that much torque he will just be able to push the pipes a little further
Old 06-19-2019, 07:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post

with that much torque he will just be able to push the pipes a little further
can't push the pipes too far. the living room tv might tip over.
OVA, Marcos.J, patorz31 and 2 others like this.
Old 06-19-2019, 08:03 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 225 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 071crazy View Post
can't push the pipes too far. the living room tv might tip over.
lmao snap that’s hilarious
Old 06-19-2019, 08:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post

lmao snap that’s hilarious
And true as well!
Marcos.J likes this.
Old 06-20-2019, 01:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OVA View Post
Preach on, brother...

honestly folks... you can dump friggin' endless amounts of money in this hobby, still you will very quickly hit the point of diminishing performance returns. All you need is a good "base" configuration that's 98% there hardware-wise. Most modern gear gets you right there out of the box if you're solid at assembling your car properly and maintaining it right, this is the beauty of being in the hobby in 2019 as opposed to 1989. The most important bit is to understand the other expensive 2% are useless if your driving consistency is only at 50%....

Check out the rctech registration dates of the folks who have said this since the beginning of this thread - most of us have been here for ages and we've seen decades of RC fads and beliefs go poof. The only one that stands the test of time is DRIVE CONSISTENTLY FIRST - BUY FAST GEAR SECOND.
Old 06-20-2019, 02:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

All good comments, however:

There are some of us that can get 98%+ consistency, can we get this thread back on topic for those actually looking for those good motors? Most of the pages in this thread have at least one comment to drive better. I don't see that happening in chassis or ESC etc threads.
Old 06-20-2019, 02:45 AM
Tech Adept

Also doesn’t matter what level of skill u are, if u mate is at same level but has best motor they will bet you causing u to over drive and crash more

motors i I like and also see going fast are
smc
r1 but has trouble not meeting rules
surpass (they make most of the motors )
zombie
Motiv
Answering the question
Old 06-20-2019, 06:14 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gigaplex View Post

There are some of us that can get 98%+ consistency, can we get this thread back on topic for those actually looking for those good motors? Most of the pages in this thread have at least one comment to drive better. I don't see that happening in chassis or ESC etc threads.
Aren't motor topics irrelevant for us Australian users? I mean we have mandated control motors in 21.5 at sanctioned events, and it's a matter of time before it's thrust upon us in 13.5. Why fight it? I'm waiting to be told what color jocks to wear to be race legal myself....
Old 06-20-2019, 07:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lonestar View Post
Preach on, brother...

honestly folks... you can dump friggin' endless amounts of money in this hobby, still you will very quickly hit the point of diminishing performance returns. All you need is a good "base" configuration that's 98% there hardware-wise. Most modern gear gets you right there out of the box if you're solid at assembling your car properly and maintaining it right, this is the beauty of being in the hobby in 2019 as opposed to 1989. The most important bit is to understand the other expensive 2% are useless if your driving consistency is only at 50%....

Check out the rctech registration dates of the folks who have said this since the beginning of this thread - most of us have been here for ages and we've seen decades of RC fads and beliefs go poof. The only one that stands the test of time is DRIVE CONSISTENTLY FIRST - BUY FAST GEAR SECOND.
Drive slow gear consistently first, then buy fast gear second: buying gear(slow or fast) twice is what racers want to avoid !!!
Old 06-20-2019, 07:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nexxus View Post
Aren't motor topics irrelevant for us Australian users? I mean we have mandated control motors in 21.5 at sanctioned events, and it's a matter of time before it's thrust upon us in 13.5. Why fight it? I'm waiting to be told what color jocks to wear to be race legal myself....
I think there's enough people that'll vote down 13.5 control motors, but even then, a lot of people race at club level and don't bother with sanctioned events. And those that do run sanctioned events don't use their control motors at the club level (well, I do, but I'm a sucker for punishment).
Old 06-21-2019, 01:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gigaplex View Post

That's a fair comment. My observations though is , if one drives at 98% consistency usually one already has the knowledge about what are great motors... because to drive at 98% one has to live and breathe RC often enough One's also probably figured out that at tracks around the country, many different motors brands win races, and the list of "the best" motor still has 5 references, and these 5 references are different all the time... and most people haven't tried them all... and... and...

Any top-of-the-line mill from the past 6 months will be right up there with "the best".
eR1c and DaSilva3525 like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.