Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Most Powerful 21.5T, 17.5T, and 13.5T Motors? >

Most Powerful 21.5T, 17.5T, and 13.5T Motors?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree86Likes

Most Powerful 21.5T, 17.5T, and 13.5T Motors?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2017, 03:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by phinsfan76
I'm as fast or faster with my trackstar v2.
Me too, Love those motors.
Old 03-02-2017, 05:31 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

My main interest in the hobby has always been motor tinkering etc, I can't drive for sh... so I run a slow 21.5 class but I like the idea and the practice of motor maintenance, tuning etc, I have the motor checker, I have the dyno etc, I have found most 21.5 motors dyno between 80W and 115W, the 80W being a Justock 21.5 Gen 1 up to 115W for the latest and greatest.

My best dynoing motor? So far it was one Trackstar V2 21.5 which came in around 120W, far above the other 2 in the same order which were around 100W

That said, when you get someone saying "I want the fastest motor" to me all sorts of red flags come up, there is more to winning a race than your motor, it's no use a s.. hot motor if you can't drive, if you use packs that can't deliver the power, if your car is set up for drift yet you try and race, if the tyres you run are shot, if your radio is glitching etc

There are plenty of factors to winning a race, driving, set up, handling, what motor you have is towards the bottom of the list.
Attached Thumbnails Most Powerful 21.5T, 17.5T, and 13.5T Motors?-trackstar-variances.jpg  
Old 03-02-2017, 06:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nexxus
My main interest in the hobby has always been motor tinkering etc, I can't drive for sh... so I run a slow 21.5 class but I like the idea and the practice of motor maintenance, tuning etc, I have the motor checker, I have the dyno etc, I have found most 21.5 motors dyno between 80W and 115W, the 80W being a Justock 21.5 Gen 1 up to 115W for the latest and greatest.

My best dynoing motor? So far it was one Trackstar V2 21.5 which came in around 120W, far above the other 2 in the same order which were around 100W

That said, when you get someone saying "I want the fastest motor" to me all sorts of red flags come up, there is more to winning a race than your motor, it's no use a s.. hot motor if you can't drive, if you use packs that can't deliver the power, if your car is set up for drift yet you try and race, if the tyres you run are shot, if your radio is glitching etc

There are plenty of factors to winning a race, driving, set up, handling, what motor you have is towards the bottom of the list.
That's some crazy tolerance variation. Has that 120W motor been scrutineered to ensure it's within ROAR specifications?
Old 03-02-2017, 07:25 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nexxus

Just for comparison, the tsr 17.5 motor at 8.00 volts made 189 watts.
Old 03-02-2017, 08:29 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gigaplex
That's some crazy tolerance variation. Has that 120W motor been scrutineered to ensure it's within ROAR specifications?
Yep, passed Tech, even dismantled to show 21.5 engraved on stator as with all trackstars as some muppet suggested I'd put a 17.5 stator in there.
Old 03-02-2017, 09:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
It has always been a battle between Fantom, Motiv, and Team Scream Racing.... Choose one....
always?
Racermac73 likes this.
Old 06-12-2019, 04:49 AM
Tech Initiate

The lessons being learned in this post seem to apply everywhere. Too many people try to buy their advantage when practice adds the biggest advantage. I run a stock setup on the VRC sim and on many occasions my lap time is similar to the computer running a modified motor. It all about running good clean lines and consistency which takes practice with a decent setup. One decent goal would be no self inflicted crashes. I still remember a YT vid of a kid winning a race using a slightly modified Traxxas stadium truck vs a bunch of more notable vehicles...
enare likes this.
Old 06-13-2019, 10:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eco8gator
The lessons being learned in this post seem to apply everywhere. Too many people try to buy their advantage when practice adds the biggest advantage. I run a stock setup on the VRC sim and on many occasions my lap time is similar to the computer running a modified motor. It all about running good clean lines and consistency which takes practice with a decent setup. One decent goal would be no self inflicted crashes. I still remember a YT vid of a kid winning a race using a slightly modified Traxxas stadium truck vs a bunch of more notable vehicles...
Holy thread necromancy! Anyway...since we're here...

I'm pretty sure we are all aware that if you drive better, your lap times are better. Why is it that every single time, ever, when a person asks a motor question, someone has to pipe up with "drive better?" If the guy wanted advice on driving that's what he would have asked ffs.

the lessons being learned are that it isn't always clear-cut which motor is faster, because there are many many variables to account for. It will always be the case that if you drive better, you will go faster. This is true in every class, in every car, with every motor, at every track. This is not a useful answer when someone is looking for help in making the car objectively faster.

Cripes.
enare likes this.
Old 06-13-2019, 11:31 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by skypilot
always?
Well trinity motors keep throwing a bit confusion in the mix by winning a bunch of races, only to be found illegal at a later date, and this happens repeatedly....So if you don't count them in then you're left with the Core group of motors I had previously mentioned......I can already feel a ban coming for the X-factor motors sometimes next year...lol.....
Old 06-13-2019, 11:41 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Well trinity motors keep throwing a bit confusion in the mix by winning a bunch of races, only to be found illegal at a later date, and this happens repeatedly....So if you don't count them in then you're left with the Core group of motors I had previously mentioned......I can already feel a ban coming for the X-factor motors sometimes next year...lol.....
wasn't fantom illegal also?
enare likes this.
Old 06-13-2019, 12:47 PM
Tech Champion

Nope, not the original Fr-1 v3 motors...Fantom pulled their motors after finding a mixup with some of their motor wire sizes and concluding that there was no way to tell which motor had the good vs bad wire... There is a huge difference here vs trinity knowingly stuffing the bigger wires on almost if not all their motors...
Anyway, once a manufacturer gets bold enough to put (non magnetic) tungsten shafts in their motors, then it will be the fastest motor ever period !!! I might attempt this feat in a small scale, but it will take a very long time....Stay tuned...
Old 06-13-2019, 02:11 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Lmao
gigaplex likes this.
Old 06-13-2019, 04:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Nope, not the original Fr-1 v3 motors...Fantom pulled their motors after finding a mixup with some of their motor wire sizes and concluding that there was no way to tell which motor had the good vs bad wire... There is a huge difference here vs trinity knowingly stuffing the bigger wires on almost if not all their motors...
Anyway, once a manufacturer gets bold enough to put (non magnetic) tungsten shafts in their motors, then it will be the fastest motor ever period !!! I might attempt this feat in a small scale, but it will take a very long time....Stay tuned...
​​​​​seems like a waste to put your revolutionary motor that will change the world as we know it in a TC3... just saying
Marcos.J and DaSilva3525 like this.
Old 06-13-2019, 05:40 PM
Tech Champion

That's because my tc4 drivetrain is just the lightest out of all the cars.....I still think my fr1-v3t will shock alot of people though....I'll let everybody know how the 40g rotor performs soon....
Old 06-14-2019, 01:38 AM
Tech Champion

That's because my tc4 drivetrain is just the lightest out of all the cars.....I still think my fr1-v3t will shock alot of people though....I'll let everybody know how the 40g rotor performs soon....
And we'll all call you a cheater for using a non-approved rotor. Good luck with that.
Marcos.J likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.