Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Traxxas 4Tec2.0 Ford GT...this thing is awesome! >

Traxxas 4Tec2.0 Ford GT...this thing is awesome!

Like Tree261Likes

Traxxas 4Tec2.0 Ford GT...this thing is awesome!

Old 07-17-2019, 02:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

How we were calculating fdr's before the advent of the interwebz and supporting apps is a mystery to me.
dave and Airwave like this.
Old 08-20-2019, 08:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Has anyone played with diff oils anymore? Went through the whole thread and saw a quick mention of experimenting but that’s it. I will be running on outdoor asphalt in brushed spec class. Stock it feels like the diffs are packed solid with grease and seems like it won’t rotate well in corners or slingshot out of them. Also any starting point with shock oils to! I am going to get the droop screws for sure when I pull it apart to clean bearings.
Old 08-20-2019, 09:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by carcrazy699
Has anyone played with diff oils anymore? Went through the whole thread and saw a quick mention of experimenting but that’s it. I will be running on outdoor asphalt in brushed spec class. Stock it feels like the diffs are packed solid with grease and seems like it won’t rotate well in corners or slingshot out of them. Also any starting point with shock oils to! I am going to get the droop screws for sure when I pull it apart to clean bearings.

Currently I'm working with AE 7k/5k front and rear, respectively. Car does seem much better. It does slide a lot, which frustrates me, no clue why yet. I run in an unprepared, seal-coated parking garage.
Old 08-23-2019, 10:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hey guys, I am thinking of picking up a 4-Tec 2.0 VXL as a neighborhood fun car / racer

What are the differences between the 4-Tec and the 4-Tec VXL? Would I be better off buying the brushed setup for $150 less and buying my own brushless motor/ESC combo?

Or is there enough upgrades to make the VXL worth the extra $150?

Also, I'm surprised there isn't a bigger following for this car since it's a Traxxas ...
Old 08-23-2019, 10:47 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Hoyle33
Hey guys, I am thinking of picking up a 4-Tec 2.0 VXL as a neighborhood fun car / racer

What are the differences between the 4-Tec and the 4-Tec VXL? Would I be better off buying the brushed setup for $150 less and buying my own brushless motor/ESC combo?

Also, I'm surprised there isn't a bigger following for this car since it's a Traxxas ...
Compared to previous on road cars, non race kits,it’s got a lot of activity. On road just doesn’t have the following off road does.
Old 08-23-2019, 11:29 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Hoyle33

Brushed 4Tec:
Plastic links, 12t Titan, XL-5. Brushed model is perfect for just cruising around the neighborhood. Toss a 29t pinion in it and it is fast enough to be enjoyable. This model can be bought with a body, Mustang GT or Ford GT.

4Tec VXL:
Adjustable steel toe and camber links, VXL-3s brushless system. Without changing the gearing and throwing a 3s lipo in it, it will drive very similar to the brushed model, but quicker. Does not come with a body. Has TSM transmitter.

If I did it all over again, I'd buy the VXL.
Old 08-23-2019, 07:19 PM
JC3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by carcrazy699
For our outdoor asphalt track spec class on either rubber or foam tires we're running diff oils of 50k/30k and shock oils anywhere from 35 to 50.
Old 08-23-2019, 09:35 PM
Tech Addict

Just slapped this bad boy on the 4Tec. We are going to run a spec class with them. 6.88 FDR, VTA bodies. It's just myself and a bunch of friends in a parking garage.. nothing sanctioned.
MD, Nicadrauspro4 and angrymelon like this.
Old 08-23-2019, 10:02 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Please suggest upgrade options for my Ford GT

Hey guys!

Could you please suggest setup for my Ford GT 4 Tec 2.0 to reach max speed using 3s. Currently I am running :

HOBBYWING EZRUN MAX10 60A 2-3S +
Speed Passion Competition Version 3.0S 3500KV Sensorless

35 pin, spur 55.

Nothing else has been changed or tuned.

Max speed which I can reach is
~70mph, but not beyond 70.

I will order tires from rcplanet, if you could, please paste links to the suggested items from this store or any available. Much appreciated.

Please don't suggest me any other models, since I love my 4 Tec 2.0 because of its size. I am interested only in onroad and don't suggest me xo1 cuz it's big and I don't like it.
Old 08-23-2019, 10:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Nice job knockoffracer , looks very professional.
Knockoffracer likes this.
Old 08-24-2019, 04:41 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Please suggest upgrade options for my Ford GT

Hey guys!

Could you please suggest setup for my Ford GT 4 Tec 2.0 to reach max speed using 3s. Currently I am running :

HOBBYWING EZRUN MAX10 60A 2-3S +
Speed Passion Competition Version 3.0S 3500KV Sensorless

35 pin, spur 55.

Nothing else has been changed or tuned. Max speed which I can reach is
~70mph, but not beyond 70.

Please don't suggest me any other models, since I love my 4 Tec 2.0 because of its size. I am interested only in onroad and don't suggest me xo1 cuz it's big and I don't like it.
Old 08-24-2019, 07:08 AM
JC3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Looks great! Bunch of guys in a garage having some RC fun sounds like a good time all around to me!
Knockoffracer likes this.
Old 08-24-2019, 12:01 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Traxxas 4Tec2 0 Ford GT this thing is awesome

If you are using a PC power supply for 5V, I would be careful and read the ratings.
PC power supplies are great for 12V power but dont usually supply much amperage for 5V.
Almost everything on the PC that requires power uses 12V, like hard drives/dvd/fans etc etc.
Old 08-24-2019, 11:50 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by JC3
Looks great! Bunch of guys in a garage having some RC fun sounds like a good time all around to me!
Absolutely is! Missing a Saturday night tends to be depressing. Lol
JC3 likes this.
Old 08-28-2019, 09:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Are there any pre-cut bodies that will fit this chassis other than what Traxxas offers (i.e. Ford GT, Mustang, Cadillac CTS-V)?

I guess I could go through the motions of cutting/painting a body, but it took me a while just to get one done, and I’d prefer to just buy one all done.

I'm looking for a sports car racing type body like any of these:

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.