Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Traxxas 4Tec2.0 Ford GT...this thing is awesome! >

Traxxas 4Tec2.0 Ford GT...this thing is awesome!

Like Tree109Likes

Traxxas 4Tec2.0 Ford GT...this thing is awesome!

Old 10-23-2018, 07:44 PM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 126 (100%+)

Our Main winner.
Sunday was our first points race of the school year for the Hadley J.H. RC Club. The 4-Tec 2.0's ran well without many issues or broken parts. WASPEEDRACER48 donated some tires and that really helped the handling along with some cheap HPI radios from Dollar Hobbyz which allowed the drivers to adjust the steering travel. The only issue for one of the cars was ride height. His car was really low with the touring tires. He raised the ride height and it was much better. We had TC bodies, a sports car body and a VTA body. We will have at least one more, may be two at our next race. So far so good.
Billy Kelly and JC3 like this.

Last edited by MD; 10-23-2018 at 09:30 PM.
Old 10-24-2018, 08:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

Nice win!

My stock Titan 12T bit the dust this weekend, been handling our outdoor dirt track like a champ, however decided to burn up this weekend ... literally, was fun seeing all that smoke coming out of my RC, glad it wasn't the ESC.

Silly me I threw the motor away due to the ozone smell only to see Traxxas has a trade up program for the VXL system, however you need to trade in a complete system. =(

Not complaining at all, knew my rally conversion would be too much for the motor on stock gearing, time to get a new spur, as mine melted with the hot motor and maybe a 18t/19t pinion for my next Titan.

Need to research removing burnt electronic ozone smell, simple green didn't cut it.
Old 11-07-2018, 02:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Gann try somethings out on sun at RC car world in nj. Full usgt trim I'll weigh it at the track but I already know just by looking at it it's over the limit
JC3 likes this.
Old 11-12-2018, 08:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ok this car is so planted being that it was weighing in at 1640 grams race ready trim it only needed the gearing to be correct. Now the gearing was just as fast as a full blown vta car in usgt trim but maybe a lil faster. I w as s able to get a 10.9 lap and with my xray my fastest was a 9.8 lap . Vta fast lap was 10.9 to 11.1 lap times. I'm going to order the 48t spur from hr so I can get the gearing better. For an entry car to get someone into racing traxxas hit the mark. At 150 for the chassis on ebay and your regular electronics to get racing u can be on the track in less than 500 bucks or less
MD, Billy Kelly and JC3 like this.
Old 11-12-2018, 10:05 AM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 126 (100%+)

We continued our 4-Tec 2.0 Class at the Hadley J.H. RC Club. The racers are improving. We have had no broken parts except one servo that. The rear doggone pop out on another when he took the jump for the off road cars. I have noticed before and am surprised that the car comes with no rear camber link. I have added rear camber links to my own car. I think the cars are great touring cars for young racers because they are so durable. We have used TC4's, TT01's and way back TL0!'s. The TL01 was the only one that was comparable.The students seem to enjoy the racing the cars. As I said before, using different tires and replacing the radio with one allows you adjust steering travel makes them much easier to drive.

Billy Kelly and JC3 like this.