Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Touring car setup stations >

Touring car setup stations

Like Tree4Likes

Touring car setup stations

Old 02-02-2017, 08:11 AM
  #1  
Tech Adept
Thread Starter
iTrader: (11)
 
RacerX20L's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 114
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Touring car setup stations

I have been looking around at 1/10 touring car setup stations. Hudy of course is top of the list, but I have also seen several other from G Force, Integy, ect. Some cheaper than others. Are the pretty similar? I see most places the Hudy and G Force are sold out.
RacerX20L is offline  
Old 02-02-2017, 08:27 AM
  #2  
Tech Master
iTrader: (15)
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,613
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

I like my Yeah Racing setup station. Comes with a nice carrying case and the hand nuts.

http://www.yeahracing.com/catalog/yt...2727cf8f9ae9ca
Oldrcracer2 likes this.
glennhl is offline  
Old 02-02-2017, 08:51 AM
  #3  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (4)
 
bdmpastx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pearland, TX
Posts: 472
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

They Yeah Racing one looks as good as any. I have the Hudy one and I wouldn't think twice about buying the yeah racing one as it looks like a good unit.
bdmpastx is offline  
Old 02-02-2017, 10:26 AM
  #4  
Tech Regular
 
massenb203's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Fayetteville, NC
Posts: 378
Default

Originally Posted by bdmpastx View Post
They Yeah Racing one looks as good as any. I have the Hudy one and I wouldn't think twice about buying the yeah racing one as it looks like a good unit.
I have used both of them and IMO the Hudy is over price. The Yeah does the same thing to include a way to check your caster block degrees. Beside you can match it to your car color.
Oldrcracer2 likes this.
massenb203 is offline  
Old 02-02-2017, 10:35 AM
  #5  
Tech Master
iTrader: (24)
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 1,506
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

hobbyking used to have a kit, but not anymore. i ended up getting hudy which is all i've ever used, whether i've borrowed or i got my own. when i was looking to buy, yeah racing was at the top of choice with hudy, but i got a deal on my hudy kit so...
phatboislim is offline  
Old 02-02-2017, 10:59 AM
  #6  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (27)
 
dan_vector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,332
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Hudy is definitely the best quality and most accurate on the market and I've had mine for years. I've also used the arrowmax gauges too and those are also very good but just aren't as strong and play free as the hudy gauges are. If you are racing every weekend and getting serious about it I'd invest in the hudy outfit it'll outlast most of the other cheaper solutions out there. By the way the HUDY gauges have caster markings on the gauges so not sure what Henry meant above.
dan_vector is offline  
Old 02-02-2017, 11:32 AM
  #7  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (6)
 
SpeedySST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Wheatland, WY
Posts: 781
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Integy has a number of different setup stations.
SpeedySST is offline  
Old 02-02-2017, 01:11 PM
  #8  
Dan
Tech Champion
iTrader: (72)
 
Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 5,802
Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)
Default

I have both the Hudy and Yeah Racing. They both give me the same readings. Only reason I got the Hudy is because they sell a full set with tweak station and droop gauges. I like everything matching. o

Last edited by Dan; 02-03-2017 at 07:47 AM.
Dan is offline  
Old 02-02-2017, 05:25 PM
  #9  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (13)
 
valk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Posts: 2,128
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

every setup station ive used seems to have sloppy bearings, including the hudy. that can be fixed pretty easily by changing them out after the fact. I have an old school integy that gives you the exact same numbers as a hudy would. it just isnt as modern and chic looking i suppose.
id look a the arrowmax though. significantly cheaper than the hudy stuff and pretty god quality. yeah racing is hard to pass up as well.

Hudy tools are very nice, but its ok to pick and choose your poison. I have hudy tools, mip tools and random dynamite/tamiya tools cause $50 for a downstop gauge is retarded lol.
valk is offline  
Old 10-19-2018, 08:09 PM
  #10  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (2)
 
Hundo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 150
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

This thread is a bit bold, Iím looking for a station. You mention the Hudy will last longer. Why would the others not, is the material that much weaker? As far as abuse, itís a station, you pull it out of the bag, set it up on your car, adjust, remove, put back in bag. Not trying to be a smartass, just wonderful how people beat their tools up 😳😆



Originally Posted by dan_vector View Post
Hudy is definitely the best quality and most accurate on the market and I've had mine for years. I've also used the arrowmax gauges too and those are also very good but just aren't as strong and play free as the hudy gauges are. If you are racing every weekend and getting serious about it I'd invest in the hudy outfit it'll outlast most of the other cheaper solutions out there. By the way the HUDY gauges have caster markings on the gauges so not sure what Henry meant above.
Hundo is offline  
Old 10-20-2018, 06:49 AM
  #11  
Tech Regular
 
massenb203's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Fayetteville, NC
Posts: 378
Default

Originally Posted by Hundo View Post
This thread is a bit bold, Iím looking for a station. You mention the Hudy will last longer. Why would the others not, is the material that much weaker? As far as abuse, itís a station, you pull it out of the bag, set it up on your car, adjust, remove, put back in bag. Not trying to be a smartass, just wonderful how people beat their tools up 😳😆




My Yeah setup station still look the same as the day that I brought it and I use it a lot.
Hundo likes this.
massenb203 is offline  
Old 10-20-2018, 07:06 AM
  #12  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (2)
 
Hundo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 150
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Exactly! Iím ordering the Yeah. Iíd get the Gforce but everyoneís out of stock.


Originally Posted by massenb203 View Post
My Yeah setup station still look the same as the day that I brought it and I use it a lot.
Hundo is offline  
Old 10-20-2018, 07:52 AM
  #13  
Tech Master
iTrader: (15)
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,613
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Since the last time I posted, I borrowed a Hudy setup station to compare it to my Yeah Racing Setup Station. The measurements were identical with both setup stations.
massenb203 likes this.
glennhl is offline  
Old 10-20-2018, 12:38 PM
  #14  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (5)
 
beyondthepack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Orillia, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 892
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

I've been using HUDY for years. It works great, no complaints.
beyondthepack is offline  
Old 03-16-2019, 08:33 PM
  #15  
Tech Initiate
 
crazykoolrn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Dayton
Posts: 42
Default

I started out with Integy station but switched to Gforce, best decision ever. Gforce is better made, higher quality, and more accurate!
crazykoolrn is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.