Wiki Posts
Search

Improving Onroad Club Racing

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2017, 03:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SMcD
I was sweeping the track last week while an "SR" was practicing. Why he was practicing while I was sweeping for the next round I'm not sure. The dude almost hit me in the head while I was sweeping the big jump section.
This would have been much less likely to occur if the onroad track didn't have jumps.
Old 02-03-2017, 03:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
As a newb, it's easier if you just pass me like you would the position ahead of you.

Getting out of the way is harder than it looks. You swing off line, then when you get back online the next place slams into you because your off your rythm and lack the skill to get back inline smoothly.
If that's the case, just use a bit less throttle and tell the other driver when you're ready for them to pass you.
Old 02-03-2017, 03:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

So I guess what it comes down to is in order for club racing to succeed, everyone needs to be friendly! At least this has been my experience. We have a great club here in the Phoenix area for onroad and they are the friendliest bunch of people I've ever been around. Occasionally there will be an outburst, but it subsides immediately. When it comes down to it, people need to have a good time in order to keep coming back.
Old 02-03-2017, 05:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

+^

Originally Posted by howardcano
This would have been much less likely to occur if the onroad track didn't have jumps.
I know. I race on road too. We see it everywhere...